1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

22g Ni200 ideas...

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by mattythornton, Sep 9, 2017.

1. mattythornton

mattythornton New Member

Alright so back in my early days of coils building I bought a spool of 22g Ni200 - and it's done not much since due to its ridiculously low resistance. Now I'm bored and thinking what to do with it... other than stupidly long 4.0mm ID coils.

Have read before people actually getting some sort of temp control when wrapping it with Kanthal. Have some 24g sitting here that I might play with- anyone had luck with TC with a mix? Obv the temps will be a bit out but be better than doing nothing.

Also is there anyway to work out a mixed materials TCR? I've had a bit of luck with TCR on my eleafs before (TC average at best on them in NI,TI,SS modes) with twisted mixes.

Any other ideas welcomed too. Will post outcome. Cheers guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pippi likes this.
  2. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

I often use twisted nickel/kanthal and it works great in TC. It does throw your setting off though, so you have to adjust to taste.

mattythornton, Pippi and DogMan like this.
  3. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Get some 34G, 32G or 30G(probably easiest to find, although the 34G would be higher res.) Kanthal & spaced clapton the 22G Ni200 with it.
    This would work better than using 24G Kanthal which itself has a fairly low resistance, the advantage being that the higher the resistance of the Kanthal you use, the larger (both wraps & inner dia) the coils you can make :)

mattythornton likes this.