4 months in want a new one

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by texta, Jan 5, 2019.

1. texta

texta New Member

it has been a good 4 months since i set fire to any tobacco ( took a while weaning down slowley but i got there )and i am loving the savings as well as other things . i am using a tarot nano which works well but i know its not going to last forever( internal battery) and i want to treat myself to another mod i have narrowed it down to a short list . i will stay sub ohm for the moment but i can see in the near future having a dabble in coil building . any of my short list stand out over the others ????any to stay away from .
    been looking into tanks too,falcon gets big raves by the reviews i have watched also the new crown tank .
    shogun
    revenger
    crown iv
    polar
    proton plex
    johno....................

2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Shogun > Revenger > Proton, in that order.

The main thing I have against the Proton is the 510 connection is not centered & a reduced tank capacity compared to the other 2.
    The Revenger is good but it has a few minor things I don't like like button rattle (minor), metal battery door (not an issue unless your batteries have tears in the casings) & the drip tip has "spitback protection" which I have never liked because it rarely works as intended.
    The Shogun kit looks to be the best of the 3 kits IMO but I'm not a big fan of the color options.

One you didn't mention the GeekVape Aegis Legend 200W mod, IMO would be better than any of those 3 but then you would need a tank for it or you could get the kit version with the aero mesh tank. Although I'd be inclined to just get the mod & search for a tank with top to bottom airflow & top fill, in my experience all bottom AFC tanks will leak or seep juice at some point & top airflow tanks rarely ever leak or seep.

Rayjay likes this.
  3. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

4. Noe

Yes that's the kit I mentioned with the aero mesh tank, although it can be found cheaper elsewhere (particularly from Trusted Chinese vape stores) but delivery may take a bit longer.
    The problem I have with that tank is it is a bottom airflow tank, which means that given enough time it will leak juice (if left to sit filled & unused for a couple of weeks for example), where top airflow tanks don't suffer from this problem.

5. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

The only thing I buy from one company only in China and that is freebase & Tobacco concentrates. Trump says America first I say Australia first. I only trust one company in China and that is Hiliq even though their Nic Salts (?) are causing some concern and @Ryan is rather slow in explanation.

You might get a cheaper mod but loose out on the freight. Also try getting warranty problems solved in China they do not give a moot about Australian consumer laws. I have now been vaping over 6 years and have been caught too many times with dodgy vapes and accessories direct from China. Thanks be to God for PayPal protection.

Not into this nonsens: "So sorry, we send you replacement next order"
    Rubish received this order, so sorry you don't get another order.

Tried returning wrong products sent by Fastech once. They lost the returned items, eventually 5 months down the track they find them. Do I get a refund or replacement. Nope, bullshit store credits. OK, I place an order to use up the credits item in stock on the website, shipping next day, yeah sure: "so sorry for inconvenience, manufacturers problem we tell them hurry up. After a month, no goods.
    Too far down the track for PayPal dispute.

F.... K You Fastech and your store credits.

Rebranded batteries from China are another one of the Chinese vendors rackets even reputable vendors in Australia have been caught with shit.

Sure buy cheap direct from China, but be prepared to to cop shit in the process!

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

6. Noe

IME cost of goods + Frieght, from China, is frequently cheaper than cost of goods alone from Au vendors. They're the same goods, same quality & if you look after them, mods rarely have issues (yes they sometimes do like anything).

@Rayjay has to be the unluckiest vaper I have come across to have so many issues, I have never had a problem in most cases where I had a faulty product from Fastech in getting my $ back in my paypal account or a store credit (my choice). The one time I did have a problem I still got store credit, kept the mod (for spare parts) & bought a 2nd hand replacement instead but FT did honor their own warranty policy + waive their return policy at my insistence (if you are prepared to argue with CS politely on FT, which could take a week or so of 1 message reply per day, you can usually get what you want).
    In every other case that I had problems with products from FT I have had my $ back (either as store cred or into PP, as per my choice) & have kept the item rather than returning it (usually tanks or drippers that were faulty).

For every problem Rayjay has had, there are many vapers that have saved $100's maybe $1000's by buying direct from China over the years.

Rayjay likes this.
  7. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Buy from whom so ever you please, as stated I support Aussie vendors first,then if they haven't got what I want I either do without or if really urgent, look overseas.
    Hell man, with all the FUBB laws in different states they have to contend with and them pushing the proverbial sh..t up hill to get things nice and legal, its a miracle we still have Aussie vendors. Save your $1000's by all means. Yes its no wonder 90% of our manufacturing industry has gone overseas and long term employees are either living on their meagre super or the dole.

8. Noe

Spending my vape $ at an AU vendor, is not going to help Australian manufacturing industry, not when the products being sold are made in China.
    There are still innovative Au vaping products manufactured her, by small companies (usually 1 or 2 people doing the manufacture) & that is the type of purchase that will help our ecconomy. Paying more for something, for a middle man to get a cut from, is not helping anyone but the middle man.

9. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Well don't shop at Woolies or Coles then.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

10. Noe

When Coles & Woolies start selling vape gear, the Govt will have to make them legal LOL

11. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

I am talking about middlemen you git. Our Ancestors fought 2 world wars so that we Aussies don't have to Kow Tow to no one.
    So what do our present politicians do?

Kow tow all the way to Peking not only giving them all our raw materials but our manufacturing as well as selling off our farms be they drought stricken or nay @Noe

12. texta

texta New Member

ok peeps , i am happy as a dog with 2 tails . got myself an Aegis Legend 200w mod and paired it with a new tank the a Free Max Mesh Pro . got them a few days ago and they are fan bloody tastic .currently enjoying some Byron Bay Blue Raspberry which the Mrs wants to pinch off me cos she likes it more than the strawberry and cream juice she bought . i have ordered a few concentrates to mix a few on my own , just waiting for them to get here .

johno

Noe likes this.
  13. emu

emu Senior Member

我们都需要学习汉语, 因为中国很快就会拥有澳大利亚

14. texta

texta New Member

oh yeah by the way i bought the gear i mentioned and some other stuff ( more coils,some juice ,batteries ,and charger,) all from a local vape shop in toowoomba qld .
    johno

15. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Yeah but which dialect, Mandarin or Cantonese?

16. emu

emu Senior Member

Simplified

17. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Google works well enough for that.

18. Noe

Ignoring the trolls above for the moment, well done Johno, glad you found a set up you like & the Aegis Legend is a mod that should last quite a few years.
    FYI the tank you have has an RBA coil head option, if you want to try building your own coils, ask/look for the Freemax Fireluke RBA coil, if that option interests you.

这是进步,你会喜欢米饭。

Translation tools are fun.

19. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

@texta Congratulations you made a great choice in equipment. Thank you for supporting a local retailer, local, economy and employment for locals and not being a cheapskate like the Panda and shopping overseas.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

20. emu

emu Senior Member

Not as much fun as trolling :p