1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

510 Atomiser for testing e liquids

Discussion in 'General Hardware Discussion' started by Charles Vaper, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

For years I've been using io6's (superb btw) and various 510 dripping Atty's to test my mixes. The last in my stash has died and I cannot seem to locate them here in Australia. It would seem that people are actually using re-buildables or tanks in some form which is absurd! Having to clean out a previous flavour and or re wick is not productive at all.

JuiceWhore use to carry the Joyetech 510 atty's but it seems no more. Does anyone know who carries these locally? Really don't want to order from the US..

Old Grump likes this.
  2. DogMan

DogMan Butler

House of vape did last I checked. Often out of stock though

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Old Grump likes this.
  3. Charles Vaper

Thanks DogMan, I checked there and they're not listed anymore. I've looked at virtually all the major OZ companies, seems most use Clearo's or RDA's. May have to import them..

Old Grump and DogMan like this.
  4. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

I have a heap of KangaTech T3d's and coils also Inokin 16D's which our locals like. I use them for flavour testing. If you want some PM me and I we could arrange something.

Moving towards a tobacco free World!

5. Charles Vaper

Thanks Old Grump but I have a ton of Evods and Clearo's. Just want the old school atty's like Avid Cisco HH, Joyetech 510 or io6's that are so simple to test with. A few short dry burns and or a little VG and you're ready to try a new flavour. I know this is old school but cannot fathom WHY people don't use them who DIY?

Old Grump likes this.
  6. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

Reply Check your PM I think I found one for you One similar to the one I have just PM'ed you about was good for me before I went on to RBA's

7. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

Yep I know where you are comming from. A lot of the old school tanks are good. I also have this one. [​IMG]
    A Tritank clearomiser which is also old school and you can put three flavours into three seperate compartments but coils for this one now are hard to find.

8. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

A nice cheap RDA is the way to go, IMO.

You do not have to rewick or wash anything, simply vape until almost dry hitting, then add a few drops of the new flavor, vape until almost dry again & then add the new flavor in to test.
    The few drops initially of new flavor will have some of the old flavor mixed with it but the 2nd time you add it, it will be all the new flavor that comes through.
    The disposable 510 atties are more costly than a bit of wick & wire to replace, so you save $ & get a better idea of what the flavor is like because the 510 disposables often used nichrome wire, which for me made juice taste metalic.

rupert, Gasman and Old Grump like this.
  9. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

Yep I do that now with that fake Tsunami I got from FT. I use it as a dripper. Test the flavour. No re wicking needed. Good one @ Noe I forgot about it. Getting Old

rupert likes this.
  10. DogMan

DogMan Butler

i don't use flavours, but wickless rda are popular for this

just use fancy wire art coils, which should hold a few drops with no wick, dry burn between

but i think charles puts the toot in tootle puffer, so flavour would be a very different experience to clearos and a tested juice that passes rda test mat fail in clearo

rupert, Gasman and Old Grump like this.
  11. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

Dont think I have seen a wickless rda got a pic or link pls

12. DogMan

DogMan Butler

just anything with some air inside the braids to trap joose

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

really just flavour testing, but some people prefer the taste

Charles Vaper and Old Grump like this.
  13. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Maybe I am missing what is needed here but what about some silica wick in a dripper?

Old Grump likes this.
  14. DogMan

DogMan Butler

RxW is an option, since it can be dry burned okay

depending on the ADC topper though, the flavour of silica and RxW are very different to most other things, not bad, just not a gauge of how it will taste in day to day vaping

15. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

Ty

Charles Vaper and DogMan like this.
  16. Charles Vaper

Thanks everyone, so many choices and yes, I'm old school and only ever used atty's for testing juices like HH Cisco, and my fav the io6's.
    Noe, thanks for the tip. (Special thanks to Old Grump too) Okay, I think my head is being stubborn and for a number of years have refused to re look at alternatives for testing juices because I always felt anything other than a plain old 510 style Atty was too much work. I actually have an IGO-W or L dripping atty and a ton of various wire, cotton and silica wicks. Even have a coil master tool box I've never used! Used a few others years ago, like my favourite the Penelope which was once a highly respected Re-buildable.

Maybe I need to re look at your suggestion. Any advice on brand, model would be appreciated as this is not my forte...

Old Grump likes this.
  17. Flea

Flea Senior Member

I started a couple of threads in here over 12 months ago,
    Looking for eGo-T atties as I found them to be a good stealth vape.
    I did get a couple PIF to me.
    But no vendor in Oz had any.
    I bought 20 from Health Cabin in China, then they had none.
    Checked all the Chinese venders that people in here reccomended.
    Even tried Joye Tech.

No Joy, so I had to switch to RTAs, which taste great, but not much good for stealth vaping on a plane or in the terminal.

Old Grump and Charles Vaper like this.
  18. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I quite like the AEOLUS (clone version with AFC) it's a really good flavor RDA & has top airflow, which makes it leak resistant.
    If you want something smaller I suggest The Stumpy RDA, another good flavor atty & more suited to testing than to all day use like the AEOLUS.
    Either will work well for juice testing, The Stumpy has side AFC & is not leak resistant, it won't leak if you use it correctly but don't put it in your pocket, the AEOLUS carry it any way you like except upside down & you should have virtually no leaks, the only time it'll leak is if you carry it around over filled & on its side.

Old Grump and Charles Vaper like this.
  19. Charles Vaper

Appreciate your input Noe, I'll be looking into these tomorrow. Think I know of the Stumpy but will spend time tomorrow doing research on these. Again, my thanks..

Old Grump and Noe like this.
  20. DogMan

DogMan Butler

Even clone stumpies are as rare as hens teeth now

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk