1. Rest in peace, Aqualung. Thank you for the magic.
    Dismiss Notice

510 Atomiser for testing e liquids

Discussion in 'General Hardware Discussion' started by Charles Vaper, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I tend to use a cloned Twisted Messes RDA as I can build a single coil and opt for the one AFC.
    The AFC is on the side and it has a reasonably deep juice well if I overdo it.
    Yet to experience any leakage.

Excuse the dirt but I took it to a job today.

[​IMG]

Old Grump and Charles Vaper like this.
  2. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

Thanks for posting Gasman.

Old Grump and Gasman like this.
  3. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

No worries and I meant to add that I use the same method as Noe.

I thought TC would be ideal for taste testing but I can't seem to get on with it.

Noe and Old Grump like this.
  4. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Silica can work but I don't like using silica. My method of vaping the atty until almost dry then adding a few drops of new flavor juice, vape dry again, then test is pretty simple & effective, whilst avoiding silica.

5. Noe

I Imagine the Origen little (Aka Origen 16, coz it's 16mm dia) would make a good flavor testing RDA.
    From what I've read/heard it doesn't hold a lot of juice but it doesn't need to for flavor testing & it's size makes it ideal for bold flavor.

I know you have one @DogMan but you vape flavorless, so that doesn't tell us a lot about the flavor from it. Mine is still at FT, waiting on other items to be stocked before it can ship.

Charles Vaper, Old Grump and DogMan like this.
  6. Charles Vaper

Old Grump likes this.
  7. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

Good looking tank, my preferance would be for a Tsunami 24 average price in Au would be around $34.50 for a genuine article and the beuty if it is you can use it as a dripper tank or a squonker tank as it comes with a hollow positive pin.

Charles Vaper likes this.
  8. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Personally I can't stand what I class as enormous drip tips and more often than not only buy tanks with a 510 drip tip adaptor.
    From what I can tell you are supplied a chuff cap or a 6mm wide drip tip. I don't think I'd be interested in that particular RDA.

Either way HOV seem to be unfortunately on the way out so you may need to act quickly if you want it. I believe they still have a 40% discount on.

Charles Vaper and Old Grump like this.
  9. Charles Vaper

Thanks for the info guys, think it's probably best for me to head into The Steamery and check out a few as it's been a few years since I've ever bothered to build and or use RDA's. I max out at around 15 watts when I vape but still need something for testing juices and if it's to be an RDA I want something that has room on the deck and is suitable for a noob as building coils isn't my forte, it's been a while yet, I have all the tools. edit: Was fidling around with this old IGO-L I have and frankly it's a POS...

Pippi, Noe and Judith like this.
  10. Noe

The Origen little (clone from FT) looks easy to build on IMO, can be used in single or dual coil modes, has a BF & normal 510 pos pin & is compact for what should be great flavor. The deck isn't going to be big but if you use a pre-made clapton in it with standard 5 wraps it should be easy to build on, the posts look to have nice sized slots to trap wires.
    I'm getting one of these (already ordered) because I want a good squonking RDA, for if I ever get a squonk mod & because I think it will be very good for flavor.

Charles Vaper likes this.
  11. Charles Vaper

Thanks as always for your input Noe. I've been watching some video's on the "little" too. Cheers..

12. Charles Vaper

Well, I was gifted a nice RDA today, it's the Magma by Paradigm and I've been enjoying using some Clapton style coils, as well as building some standard kanthal like I use for my older IGO-W and L. Currently using a 0.32 oHm at around 17 watts, offers a nice representation of flavour but may be a tad too powerful. Going to experiment tomorrow with finding the perfect resistance for me. Using cotton but it's still a pain having to change wicks; depending on flavour of course..

DogMan likes this.