8 Year Vaperversary

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Katzmeow, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Katzmeow

Katzmeow New Member

Yep, 8 years vaping and not one puff of a cigarette in all that time!

Although I've been hanging around this forum a while, I haven't really introduced myself. Most of the discussions here are in another language to me (and I'm not usually up for the banter). I am most definitely a vaping dinosaur.

My set up is from the US company Vapor4Life, using their Vapor Zeus dual mode pen-style batteries and their "Smileomizer" cartridge system. Yep, polyfill refillable cartridges that you fill, screw onto the battery and puff. No pressing buttons, no priming anything, no rebuilding anything. It's even KR808 thread, not the now standard 510 threading.

It works for me because it is so simple, it works well and is very little messing around. Just fill the cartridge, screw it on the battery, slip on a lanyard if I'm driving somewhere, and go.

Although the batteries can be used in either auto or manual mode, use them as autos. That means I don't have to push a button to get the vapor going, I just suck. Hard. Too hard actually, which is why tanks didn't work for me, I kept flooding them. I need to drag on them, which makes it much more like smoking and therefore satisfying.

A lot has changed in the vaping world since I started. I did use tanks for a while a few years back, and tried some 510 devices such as Egos and even a Provari. I know mods with adjustable this, that & the other are all the go, just not for me.

Personally I don't think you have to turn quitting smoking into a new, expensive, time-consuming hobby.
    I think pen-style or pod systems really are the easiest, most sustainable way of vaping and that the plethora of options & fiddly bits & pieces are more likely to deter than encourage people from switching from the simplicity of cigarettes.

As my signature says...

Gabby, Noe and Rayjay like this.
  2. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

congrats

kinda full circle, pods are big now. Some auto draw, like breeze v1 or icare. much like a cigalike

Katzmeow likes this.
  3. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

I am in a total agreement with you @Katzmeow Most people that were former smokers turned to vaping as it was a cheaper & more healthier alternative.
    what vexes me is no sooner you get to like one device, and find it to your budget, the manufacturers take it and its accessories off the market and replace it with something that they consider better.

As you may have read in other posts of mine, I am very fond of both the Penguin and Dolphin which are classified as pods and yes @emu, I do like podding as well as plodding. :sillygrin:

Now I am told by my supplier that they can no longer get either. Ok I found them on another site Victory Vapes. How long they will be in stock I do not know.

IMHO it is an endless battle:wall::mad: either you upgrade and buy a new device only to find 12 months down the track that you cannot get replacement parts for it be it coils, tanks or seals etc., More cash outlay. That is the primary reason I have gone to rebuildable tanks and even winding my own coils. I am totally fed up with trying out this device or that only to find it no better to what I already have. To me all this racket by manufacturers is turning quitting smoking into an expensive scenario.

Time consumption:
    In using rebuild tanks and winding coils I have now down to a fine art and can usually do it watching tele at night. A self wound coil would last me a month or more and re wicking the same after a quick pulse burn to clear off the gunk about 5 minutes.

Katzmeow likes this.
  4. emu

emu Senior Member

TSWC's

Rayjay likes this.
  5. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

I take it that your post means to see what I can see. Well curiosity killed a cat, satisfaction never brought it back. Nah fed up with wasting money on shinyitis. Got better things to waste money on now. Fishing gear, more useful.

6. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Congratulations Katz.

Katzmeow likes this.
  7. Rob

Rob Member

Coming on 8 years too now. Still using good old Kayfun and box mod. Not interested in any high power devices, for me vaping is kind of like using a pipe, for taste and enjoyment.

Katzmeow and Noe like this.
  8. Katzmeow

Katzmeow New Member

Congrats Rob. 8 years is a long time. I'm coming up to 9 years now in December, which is both shorter & longer than I think.