1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

Activism-How do you roll?

Discussion in 'Polling Booth' started by DogMan, Nov 23, 2015.

1. DogMan

DogMan Butler

Everyone has their own idea about the right way to go about activism, so how do You Roll?

Can't put a poll on tapatalk. But do you meet with politicians? Troll vaping news articles in the comments? Diplomacy on social media? Anger on social media? Donate to something or everything? And anything else?

I've gotten slack, and just give money to others to do the dirty work these days.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Fluffy, Browny, Donna and 2 others like this.
  2. Angela

Angela Rebel Against the Sewing Machine

I run a forum. That is enough.

3. emu

emu Banned

Prayer

4. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Bit of everything but spend too much time reading about it.

Fluffy, Broony and DogMan like this.
  5. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

I roll this way, then that way. Not very consistent. I try, but like Moon said, spend more time reading and ranting that actually doing anything.

Fluffy and DogMan like this.
  6. Maggie

Maggie Senior Member

{Troll vaping news articles in the comments? Diplomacy on social media? Anger on social media? Donate to something or everything? And anything else?}

All of this, plus donate to the WA appeal ... ev'ryone else can wait!

Nico and Laughter and DogMan like this.
  7. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I try to inspire people, in ways they will understand.

Fluffy and Angela like this.
  8. emu

emu Banned

I hear you

Noe likes this.
  9. Broony

Broony Senior Member

I'm addicted to Twitter, I rant, I rave, I tweet to politicians and I pick on bullies i.e Simon Chapman, who likes to start trouble like a little school boy.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    Fluffy, Aussie, Jennifer and 4 others like this.
  10. Fluffy

Fluffy Senior Member

I don't donate as I feel, personally, that alot of problems would cease to exist, if they didn't make such copious amounts of coin.
    I live in hope that people will stop donating as I think cures will suddenly burst into the world if there's no longer any money to be made from denying them.
    Having said that, if I could see with my own eyes, that every cent of a donation would be used correctly and not just lining someone's pocket, then I would in a heartbeat. :)

I'd hand a stranger money if they needed it, before I'd pay one cent to a charity, no matter what the cause.
    I do however, donate Christmas gifts. (obviously because there's no cash to evaporate)

I do read a lot of articles but I always make my own conclusion in the end.

I'd never bother talking to a pollie because I believe that any decision worth it's weight is well above their heads and pay scale in the first place.

Lol!!! Jinkies!! I sound so cynical! When did that happen? Badly written but definitely my honest opinion.

Never my intent to offend anyone btw, so I apologise to anyone who may view my opinions as harsh.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    DogMan likes this.
  11. DogMan

DogMan Butler

I am really slack now. I've become lax now we have a body to look out for us.

I've been directing cyber crusades to lobbying ptv to improve bus services. And just throw money at nna and hope for the best.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Fluffy, Judith and emu like this.