Advise about using Temp Control

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by auswi, May 15, 2018.

1. auswi

auswi New Member

Hello,

I believe only some coils are suited for use when in Temp control

I would like to try temp control as i have heard things like better battery life using less juice etc. I have two tanks listed below and I swap them out onto the same mod see below. Are any of these coils in my tank suitable for using in Temp control and if so can someone please give me a set by step guide on how to do that.

I have a Wismec Gen3
    http://www.wismec.com/product/reuleaux-rx-gen3/

I run the Wismec WM03 Triple 0.2ohm head with the original Gnome Tank

I also run the NRG Tank with the GT4 and GT8 coils

Thankyou

Auswi

2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I have tried using TC wires/coils & for tanks I don't think there is any great benefit to using them.
    For RDAs, I think TC makes more sense, as this is where potentially you're more likely to encounter dry/burnt hits but since I use RTAs almost exclusively, I am happier with the simplicity of wattage mode on my mods.

Whether you can use those tanks in TC mode, will depend on the material used in the coil(s), if you are currently using them in wattage mode, then the only material those coils could be made of that would also be good in TC mode is Stainless Steel. That doesn't mean they are made of SS though, there are other wire types used in wattage mode that are not suitable for TC mode.
    Because you are using tanks with replaceable coil heads, the packaging the coils come in should mention if they are suitable for TC, if they don't I wouldn't risk it. It may be possible to buy a pack of spare coils specifically for TC for those tanks & the vendor(s) should know if the coils are for TC or not.

Posterboy likes this.
  3. Posterboy

Posterboy Senior Member

Only used stainless steel now for over 2 years. I vape nothing but TC. No dry hits, ever, even when tank empty.
    SS is compatible in TC and wattage modes so is adaptable.
    Downside is number of wraps needed on thicker guage wires, some coils get long.

Mind you, I build all my own coils. I prefer the rigidity of 24g but you can do a helluva lot with 26g SS (if you build at some stage)

DogMan likes this.