Alien vs Predator

Discussion in 'Modding and Technical' started by mattythornton, Sep 5, 2017.

1. mattythornton

mattythornton New Member

Here goes- shopping for a new 200w dual battery VW/TC mod. I like the look and feel of the predator and love the fire button/feel of both the Alien & Predator- but I don't really like SMOK mods. Is there anything else (like Eleaf iKunn but yuk) with same type of firing button/ panel but a bit of a nicer user interface? Or do I just suck it up and get the predator already?

Cheers folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iamTezr likes this.
  2. MetalOz

MetalOz Senior Member

I bought the Predator a couple of months ago and am extremely happy with it. The mod is really comfortable to hold and use. I've heard some people have issues with the 510 connector, but I've had no such issues. I can't speak for the Alien as I haven't used it, but heard people have had issues with the finish chipping away easily.
    You can also get 3Rd party firmware for the Predator, but the Wismec firmware is user friendly and neatly laid out. I think @iamTezr also has a Predator mod, he may be able to let you know his experience with it.

mattythornton and iamTezr like this.
  3. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

I do indeed have both the Alien and Predator..
    The first batch of Alien did have paint and flaking issue. Not everyone experience this but majority did.
    All the new release ones didn't have this issue or there haven't been any report with the new release (colours etc.) having this problem.
    My Alien is one of the first batch. I was lucky enough not to have the paint flaking off but then again, I do baby my mods with silicon sleeves/cover.

Predator 510 connection is the flaw in the whole design because it was press-fit down. Depends on how treat your mod and how you store it. If you're more on the rough side, you could face the issue as any hard force pulling on it or even pressing pressure on the tank while it's connected can dislodge the 510 connector from its socket causing it to pop out. I've been lucky and haven't had it popped out yet *knock on wood*.

If you're after the Firing Bar style... there isn't a lot to choose from if you're not a fan of SMOK as most of their mods have those fire bar style. Wismec Predator is the only one with the fire bar. Eleaf it's the ikuun and ikonn.

Another option is the Pioneer4You IPV Eclispe which is on pre-order so you won't be getting it anytime soon
    [​IMG]

If you're after a Dual battery with similar shape and feel then maybe the Fuchai 213 Plus which has the bigger screen.
    I've got the Sigelei 213 original one that has TC issues but the quality is good. Fuchai 213 models has TC Fixed. They have nice and easy interface but it's a normal fire button.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Ijoy captain PD270 has a similiar feel and look to the Sigelei box mod but it has issue with reading the correct resistance so I'll stay away from this for now. They've released a new version that support 18650 batteries - PD1865. Not sure if they've fixed the issue with the correct resistant reading. Haven't looked into it much as I've been busy and out of the loop for a couple weeks.

If you don't mind a Single battery option that can use 18650,26650, 20700 and 21700 batteries.
    It's shockproof and waterproof and has a nice feel to it. The interface looks nice but the navigation takes a bit to get used to.
    The fire button is much nicer than the fire bar or the standard flat fire button.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Gasman, mattythornton and MetalOz like this.
  4. mattythornton

mattythornton New Member

Most in depth answer ever! Thanks heaps. I'm currently borrowing an Eleaf Pico Dual from a work mate. Depending on how long until the Eclipse is released might try hold out until then. That thinks looks sexy as hell.

Thanks again tezr. Answered everything I asked and more

Gasman, MetalOz and iamTezr like this.
  5. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I'm going to agree with Mr. DogMan and say you're a good egg..in fact I'm going to go further and say you're a very good egg.

As I understand it you're in the electronic gizmos game and if you're as helpful in that as you are on here you deserve to make a few million and retire early.

MetalOz and iamTezr like this.
  6. MetalOz

MetalOz Senior Member

I totally agree with @Gasman, your knowledge and advice is invaluable. I wish I had 1/4 of that knowledge.
    The IPV Eclipse should be available around the 20th September. It was delayed from the end of August until late September by the manufacturer. The IPV Eclipse will be a excellent mod with the Yihi SX chipset in it. This mod is on my short list if the wife will let me spend more coin lol

Gasman likes this.
  7. mattythornton

mattythornton New Member

Nice it's prob the nicest looking of all the mods- might hold onto the pico dual for a few weeks then. Cheers people

Gasman likes this.
  8. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

Just giving you more options now.
    Wismec does have a single 18650 mod called the Sinuous P80 - using the same chip as the Predator but 80W. Updated/fixed the 510 pin and also it's centered.
    Personally I think It's a pretty nice mod. Its been out for a while so I'm sure it's in stock if you want one.

Wismec are releasing another mod with 4600mah built-in battery for the Sinuous range called the Sinuous FJ200 - 200W, same chip, fixed 510 pin and centered. Looks to be a touch wider/fatter than the Predator. They should have just called this a Predator 2 since they look so similar lol. This hasn't been released yet.

Both of these have the fire bar.

P80 -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FJ200 -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ETA: Correction: I think the FJ200 chipset is different to the P80 and predator.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    Gasman and MetalOz like this.
  9. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I only just thought my post was of absolutely no use to you.

Sorry but I can't help at all as I have never used either mods.

mattythornton likes this.
  10. mattythornton

mattythornton New Member

That's all good Gasman. Us noobs need to know who the good eggs are too

Gasman likes this.
  11. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Watch out for me then as my wife informs me I smell of bad eggs.

12. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

I think Alien was the better movie..

KayP and mattythornton like this.
  13. mattythornton

mattythornton New Member

Absolutely. But I always liked predator better out of the 2.

iamTezr likes this.
  14. VapingNoob

VapingNoob Member

I have the Predator not shure how long ive had it but its months still works great with a MTL tank and a dripper.