1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Any new Mouth to Lung tanks on the market ?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Pippi, Nov 18, 2016.

1. DogMan

DogMan Yes

RC., iamTezr and Pippi like this.
  2. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

3. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

I realise, I should have saved the original drip tip for a pic comparison. but I binned it.
    very happy with how this vapes.

[​IMG]

Working from right to left
    first is a standard silicon drip tip from FT
    Next is with the bottom part cut off ( use a sharp knife and cut as close as you can to the main body)
    Next is a VV one that I cut even shorter to enable the use of the ceramic one without having it end up too long.
    You can use the sleeve you make to use any 510 drip trip - just remember to toss out the pockex one first.

[​IMG]

You can also just vape on the sleeve - which is what I have been doing with the Naut x for yonks now.

[​IMG]

Phew, that is definitely my most technical post :bolt:

1ynne, RC., Judith and 4 others like this.
  4. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Hmm I don't have any of those silicone type but this has given me an idea :D
    FT has some glass/SS hybrid DTs, it should be possible to find a glass DT tube that is the same inner diameter as the Pockex DT & the glass tubes could be used instead :D
    I have some here but they are the wrong size inner dia., I tried a few SS DTs though & found one that has the correct inner dia. but it'd have the 510 end at the top... lol

Pippi and margyb like this.
  5. DogMan

DogMan Yes

that rose-gold looks far more rose than gold

Pippi and Noe like this.
  6. Noe

It's positively pink, dear postulating puppy :rofl:

DogMan likes this.
  7. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

I got these, in black and glow in the dark. Have given away quite a few - cheap as chips :)

https://www.fasttech.com/p/2341104

Judith likes this.
  8. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

I wouldn't even call it rose - its dusky pink or vintage pink to me but I do find the colour quite pleasing :)

Judith and DogMan like this.
  9. Noe

10. Noe

11. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

12. Noe

I think these are going to be the correct bore glass tubes, glass can have variance though so probably best to get 2 or 3 to be sure one will fit properly, if you are going to try them.
    They come in 7 different glass colors, pink, purple, yellow, clear, smoke, blue & green in a 7 pack or you can buy the individual colors searately: https://www.fasttech.com/products/3015/10014623/3043200

[​IMG]

There is also a second possibility with a slightly increased bore & both this & the above stles come in a 5 pack for individual colors (which is probably the way to buy them for this purpose TBH) https://www.fasttech.com/products/3015/10014623/3575103

[​IMG]

This type of SS/Glass hybrid DT uses a glue or silicone sealant at the base of the glass, you could check that it will fit on the Pockex from the top end before trying to pry the glass out, if it will fit, then if it has a silicone (usually is) sealant holding it in, I'd grab the glass in a tea towel & the SS part in my hand or with another tea towel & twist both in opposite directions back & forth, until the seal gave up. The bottom end will then need to have the silicone carefully removed with some acetone or alcohol or something, then wash the glass & fit it to the Pockex :D
    If it is Glued, then soaking it in a solvent for a few hours first might be a good idea but the same twisting motion should still work, these hybrids are notorious for not being very firmly glued.

I prefer the 2nd style but the 0.3mm additional bore might mean they are a loose fit.

13. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Ta luv, but no I wont be buying them - I am happy with the solution I have and can put the drip trips I like on the sleeve. less flexibility with that idea :)

DogMan likes this.
  14. Noe

LOL I don't like the added length of the "adapter" method, I'd rather try a more elegant sleeve style DT, if I can get the glass idea to work it'd be awesome.

15. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Well, you wouldn't like my latest test - it is ever so slightly long but vapes beautifully. Different strokes for different folks :fun:
    [​IMG]

1ynne, KayP, RC. and 4 others like this.
  16. Noe

Why, just WHY??? :geek:

After a lot of searching I found this page full of Nautilus X DT sleeves :cancan:
    https://www.fasttech.com/search?Nautilus X Drip Tip
    They have, Acrylic, POM, Silicon & SS options :party: :clap::party::clap::party:

Should work on the Pockex too :D
    Definitely getting a black SS one to try :)

KayP likes this.
  17. DogMan

DogMan Yes

noe-y noe-y quite contrary
    how does your garden grow?

incidentally, i grew to really like that rhyme once i learned all her plants are breeds of obnoxious weed, and it is about mary the little shit stirrer

1ynne, KayP, Noe and 4 others like this.
  18. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I just looked up the meaning, interesting how many nursery rhymes tell such dark stories. Bloody Mary.

Noe, RC., Pippi and 2 others like this.
  19. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Great that there are options and yes its the exact same fitting on the Pockex - sadly they are all fat stumpy drip trips and not my style at all. :winky:

Noe likes this.
  20. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

:rofl:

DogMan likes this.