1. Rest in peace, Aqualung. Thank you for the magic.
    Dismiss Notice

Any new Mouth to Lung tanks on the market ?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Pippi, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

wise move, although mine seemed to be just bad luck - I haven't heard of anyone else getting a dud. I ordered some more - following your spirit of giving I will pif one to @Angela - she is like Judith and I and still loves her Mini Naut so I think she will like it too. :)

Judith and DogMan like this.
  2. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Oops. Just one as it turns out. Just checked transaction went ok and looks as if i mucked up the quantity :blonde:

Sounds like one clunes jen would like

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Donna likes this.
  3. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

you should be fine with just one :) you will easily tell when you get it. Donna will need the grub screw in ;)

Donna and DogMan like this.
  4. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Is my fascination with MTL, drop in coil vapers morbid somehow?

I'm a bit jealous of it all. And get excited to see new developments in that realm

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Pippi and Judith like this.
  5. Donna

Donna Senior Member

Naughty @DogMan :spank:. You are a sweetheart though :)

Pippi, Judith and DogMan like this.
  6. 1ynne

1ynne Member

Yay @DogMan I can stop shaking and coughing up furballs !! They actually like them ... :)

DogMan and Judith like this.
  7. Donna

Donna Senior Member

I received my very generous gift from Dan last week. Thanks Dan :thanks:

I rinsed it, let it dry and filled it up and tried it and the istick said "no atomizer" and I thought oh no, Pippi's problem. I emptied it and tightened the coil and all was well.

I tried it after about 30 minutes standing and as with all toppers that are not evods I said to myself yuk. Every day since then I've given it a couple of toots and it appeared to be getting better but was too airy so I put the grub screw in. Today I'm quite enjoying it but I don't think I like the metal drip tip. I'm sure I have some others somewhere so I'll dig them out and see how I go with a plastic drip tip.

I don't know if it could ever replace my evods but it's a joy to have a bigger tank size and be able to see clearly how much juice is in it.

Thanks again Dan. :)

DogMan, Noe, Pippi and 1 other person like this.
  8. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I guess there is a big difference between fibreglass and cotton wicks. Cotton wicks do take a while to bed in.

I always had problems with Evods leaking and you will find you might get a bit of liquid come out when you fill the Vika but otherwise it seems to be leak free. I dropped a Vika onto cement yesterday and it didn't break. Impressed.

Impressed with the ever generous DogMan too.

Flea, DogMan, Noe and 1 other person like this.
  9. Donna

Donna Senior Member

Never do my evods leak except on planes if I don't store them upside down. I can't have you dissing the evods Judith :winky:

DogMan, Pippi and Judith like this.
  10. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

LOL Can you still buy coils or do you re-coil them?

Donna and Pippi like this.
  11. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

The Vika drip trips are awful Donna - I think I sent you down some spares with the Isticks in one of the boxes.
    and yes the vape will get better after a day or two - I really love them and could survive with just these tanks I think.

DogMan, Donna and Judith like this.
  12. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

:rofl:
    I think I have a few packets of evod coils somewhere - will have to hunt them out for you.

DogMan, Donna and Judith like this.
  13. Donna

Donna Senior Member

14. Donna

Donna Senior Member

Yes, thank you. They are the ones I've put in my vaping drawer which I will dig out. They are in one of the many zip lock bags.

15. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

If FastTech sell them they are having a 15% off sale from 25 - 27 January. I think the code is REDTICKET but hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong. The code is in the Arbitrary Vape Chat thread if you are interested.

It is amazing how drip tips breed, especially the ones you don't want to use.

Noe and Donna like this.
  16. Donna

Donna Senior Member

Thanks Judith, I'll have a look. Last time I purchased from them they were clones and the coils didn't fit in my evods and visa versa. I've been told you have to look for the term "genuine" so I'll do that.

17. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

FastTech call genuine ones 'Authentic".

Donna likes this.
  18. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

@Donna @Judith

"REDPACKET' is the code for 15% from 25- 27th
    then 10% from the 28th -3rd Feb
    :)

Pippi, Donna and Judith like this.
  19. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I have gone through phases with DTs. When I started vaping Plastic/Delrin was nearly the only kind that was cheap enough to have a few different styles of, so I had a few styles to test & choose from once I decided on a style I found some soft silicone ones, which i used quite a bit until I discovered glass DTs ( I still love the mouth feel of glass DTs but they can be prone to breaking), then I got a SS DT with my Stingray X clone & it was PERFECTLY shaped, it contours to your lips so well, so I bought a pack of just that style of SS DT. Then I tried some Stone DTs & I do kind of like various stone DTs but they can be variable in their fit into the atty, so I tried ceramic DTs these are very similar to glass but less of a breakage hazard, finally I tried a Teflon DT after reading about how crusties don't build up on them, I have bought more since that first one & they are now my prefered type but I wish I could get them in the same style as my Stingray X SS DTs - there are a couple I have that are close to the same shape but not quite.

Of all the DTs I have tried, plastic/delrin is my least favorite, delrin can melt if it gets too close to the heat coming off a coil, teflon is more heat resistant, which is one reason it is used in frypans, as well as because almost nothing sticks to it, it is superior to delrin & other cheap plastics/resins but dosn't quite feel as good on your lips as a glass DT but it won't break either.

Judith likes this.
  20. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

:h:

glad you tried something new anyway :h:

Donna and Judith like this.