1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

Any tips for building spit free griffen

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by Wanda, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

Well got my stuff from fasttech and loveing all of it but got a littie problem, did some top builds on the griffen for hubby, two claptons sitting perfectly opposite each other both at .42 ohm light up same time perfectly even inside out, pushed together, was so proud of my self then hubby fire's it up at 60 watts and it spitting, perfect around 30 watt he just wants to use it at higher watt with out spitting anny tips

2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I'm running my Griffin clone at 40-45 watts, I find that is where the sweet spot is for flavor, dual coil fused claptons combined for 0.3 ohm.
    I'm not using the included DT, instead I'm using this one https://www.fasttech.com/p/4649307 but any DT you have with a similar bore should help reduce spit back, the wide bore DT really isn't needed, since the narrowest part on that DT is the about the same bore as the DT I am using (mine may be a little less bore but it's close). By narrowing the bore over the length of the DT you'll be decreasing the area that spit back can get through.
    Also don't have your coils up too high, the closer to the air intake the better, this will help reduce spit back too because less air will "spill" without hitting the coil, the more air hitting the coil the faster juice will become vaper & it will have less time to turn into a spit.

3. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

Thanks for that Noe,he put in a different drip tip just the standard 510 from 50wtt kit hes likeing that way better. ive been playing around with the builds the last couple of days ive found vertical bulids have been working on reducing spitback alot and found he can happily run it at 50watt now still got to fiddle around with it a bit but getting there, thanks again:thumbup:

Noe likes this.