1. Rest in peace, Aqualung. Thank you for the magic.
    Dismiss Notice

Aromamizer V2 review

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by Oldhead, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Oldhead

Oldhead Member

After yrs of MTL with various kayfuns ,and the now huge variety of options ,i took the leap to invest in the Steam Crave Aroamizer v2 RDTA out of curiosity .

Quality control is excellent ,with a mill s/s finish and all threading mates extremely well.
    Interesting design for air flow ,side inlets directed directly at coil or coils if dual built.air control s/s ring has numerous ports for directing flow and is firm to adjust ,therefore set position should stay as required.
    Velocity deck with 4 leg anchors holes ,held by grub screws. Single kanthal legs of 30/28 #may be difficult to firmly attatch via grub screws,but any multi wire coil build should have no difficulty attaching.
    First build was single 26/32 Clapton coil 6 wrap and laid horizontal between deck posts .
    0.7 ohs fired at 20watt with 70/30 juice.
    Wicking with ken doh is extremely easy ,just make sure to not be stingy with cotton and cut length so as tails rest on the deck base and do not cover the 4 juice entry holes.
    Bottom fill ,invert atty ,unscew base for rewicking or replacement coil , and fill ,easy peasy,.
    I had No leaking or gurgling whatsoever.

Now for the real test.
    Two same mods ,same juice ,swapped the Aromamizer drip tip out for a narrower one and compared both flavor and vape quality.
    Kayfun light v2 with 1.4 ohm A1 kanthal single coil. @ 8.5watt.Both air hole and contact stem drilled out for better air volume.

The Aromamizer produced beautiful flavor and slightly better than the kayfun.
    The vape volume or cloud was better from the kayfun.
    Juice usage was less from the kayfun.
    Even though i restricted the air flow to the minimum with the Aromamizer it was still too airy for my personal tastes.
    Slight ramp up time for the Aromamizer current build .

Conclusion . Aromamizer is a well constructed and designed atty, i loved the flavor accents it produced and it did not leak like my kayfuns can at times.
    Easy bottom fill ,no screws that can leak.
    Plenty of room between post for single horizontal or vertical builds .
    This atty is definately for DL usage .
    I will persevere and experiment with builds so as to see if i can adapt but IMO my kayfuns still rule.

Coming reviews New Squape X Dream 22mm RTA and New Kayfun V5 22 ml RTA
    Update 19/06/16 3.43pm All new Aromamisers shipped from factory will now be supplied with 2 block of plates (1 for single coil use and 1 for blocking extra juice supply holes) This may further assist single coil users and MTL .

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    Noe, rupert, Gasman and 2 others like this.
  2. Cloudy

Cloudy Senior Member

Comprehensive review, Thanks.

Maybe a picture?

3. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I agree with all your observations and opinions bar one which leads me to think I've bought a dodgy one.

Build quality is almost excellent but my air flow ring (should probably rephrase that) is as loose as can be to the point of it has a mind of its own. Suffice to say it moves every time I go to have a vape which I find extremely frustrating. I didn't buy the V1 because of the silly vape band and was glad I waited for the inevitable V2.

I still enjoy it and have not had a hint of a gurgle,leak or dry hit so it's a minor niggle and one I'm prepared to overlook as the flavour has been superb as well.

Because of this problem I have noticed that a sort of MTL experience is possible with the air flow closed right off. Don't know if that's the correct way to describe it, perhaps an openish MTL?

All in all I'm happy but as mentioned above I think my luck might have struck again in that I got a Friday arvo one.

Noe and Oldhead like this.
  4. Oldhead

Oldhead Member

Gasman, when Aromamizer is totally disassembled , there should be from memory 2 clear silicone o rings on the inside of the air control ring.
    Check to see that both are in place as these supply the firmness to hold firmly in place.

Gasman and Noe like this.
  5. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Mrs Gas probably thought that well before you got an Aromamizer!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Aqualung and Gasman like this.
  6. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Thanks for that as I certainly don't remember them.
    I'll check this weekend as its up for a good clean anyway.

7. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

She has her moments too, don't worry!