1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

Back smoking

Discussion in 'Your Story' started by dnar, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Yes, all true but a little consideration and manners can go a long way.

2. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I can't express how sad I feel about this. I can understand your decision completeLy and if you can stick with a few a day that is no drama but it is unbelievable that the same people who scream at us to stop smoking are forcing people back to smoking.

I wish you nothing but the best for the future and please log on here occasionally to let us know you are ok.

BTW, what does your cardiologist think about this?

3. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

Well, I disagree with the 'rational' part, but the ANTZ have been rubbing their grubby little hands together & gloating since the FDA's deeming regs. were announced in detail. They have leaped on calling vape a 'tobacco product' and the CDC is talking about how youth use of 'tobacco products' is scary due to vape. Sure there are people out there, pointing out that:
    1. B derived from A does not make B the same as A.
    2. Many youth vape with no nicotine: irrelevant since the FDA 'deemed' virtually all the parts of vape gear to be tobacco products as well.
    But, well, good luck to them with that approach, I think they are banging their heads against an immovable brick wall, unless the FDA's regs can be quashed (so far there are legal challenges, but only to details of the regs. unrelated to the nonsense of deeming nicotine to be tobacco).

4. dnar

dnar Member

I paid $28 for a pack of B&H.

DogMan likes this.
  5. dnar

dnar Member

Thanks Judith. My cardiologist (nor my GP) do not yet know. In the past couple of years I have managed to get my BP and cholesterol down and through exercise I feel good. I am certain I won't go back to 50 a day, besides not being able to afford it!

6. Aussie

Aussie Senior Member

Wishing you all the very best @dnar for the future. Please stay in touch.

I totally understand your decision, vaping is a hassle when traveling. It would be wonderful to live in a country like England where vaping is seen as the smart thing to do and widely accepted.

The need to go back to cigarettes is a black mark against everybody involved in the anti vaping debate.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  7. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

Yep it's disguisting that you do something to save your own life and it feels like everwhere you turn there are obstacles. Good luck dnar

8. Browny

Browny Senior Member

Your not the first.
    All I can say is sorry to hear it and best of luck with everything bud.

Pippi, Dalork, DogMan and 1 other person like this.
  9. Christina Ballerina

Christina Ballerina Senior Member

What a shame, but I understand. I hope you can stick to your 5 a day. Good luck.

Judith, emu and DogMan like this.
  10. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

Very sad and yet, another example of consequence from unfounded over regulating; not to mention limiting one's level of personal responsibility. Quite frankly, the Australian government should be ashamed of itself. They probably think stories like this are a victory so, let's send them the funeral bills for all the smokers who will no doubt suffer from a significantly shorter life.

Perhaps it's time for a revolution?

KayP, Judith, Browny and 4 others like this.
  11. Jerry Hatrick

Jerry Hatrick Senior Member

Jeez that is so sad dnar ol mate !
    Well done TC fruitloops , Australian and State governments .:finger:Kharma will catch up to the lot of you ! :mad::spank:
    Hopefully in a court room for crimes against humanity as you all refuse to believe real doctors and prefer the slewed "evidence " of very suspect people and organisations !
    Hang your collective heads in SHAME !
    :soapbox:

12. emu

emu Banned

That's a real shame dnar, 18 months is a long time to wipe out with one ciggy :cry:

Shame ya couldn't chew gum or some other form of NRT or snuff or snus, I've seen the poor folks in the cancer ward wheeling out their drips with one lung trying to get to the smoking area for just one puff in between gasps for air in their oxygen masks, it's truly sad to see you go down this path after all your good work mate.
    I hope you can maintain some sort of quality of life when the smoking catches up with ya bro, all the best to you and good luck. :thumbup:

KayP likes this.
  13. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

He did say he was going to stick to 5 cigs a day, which is unlikely to affect his health in any dramatic way...and not everyone who smokes ends up on oxygen, he could get hit by a bus tomorrow or he could live a healthy life till 85 like quite a few smokers do. I wouldn't swallow the tobacco control hype so completely!

Browny, Judith, Pippi and 1 other person like this.
  14. emu

emu Banned

True and for all we know there could be some yet undiscovered disease caused from vaping that takes 30 years to show itself, only time can tell.

The best option is just to breathe air but we all enjoy our right to choice and no one lives forever which is why everyone should do what ya wanna do and be what ya wanna be yeah yeah yeah :)

KayP, Browny, Aqualung and 2 others like this.
  15. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Yes true, My Poppa lived till 2 months off his 100th birthday, smoked and drunk whiskey nearly every day of his adult life and was fit and healthy for most of it as a farmer and writer.
    My mum smoked till she was 70yrs old and died at 92yrs old. She swam in the ocean and walked the beach nearly every day till she was about 80yrs old - winter or summer.
    My dad smoked, died of lung cancer when I was two.
    No one fits in a neat little box - we are all different and that is all.

16. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Good luck to you dnar but I like many others it would seem find that such a sad story.

My opinion is I admit vaping is an unknown but personally I'm confident that it's safer than smoking and as a grown adult I most certainly have the right to choose.

If I choose to smoke,vape or just inhale fresh air it should be my choice.

Personally I find your predicament a disgrace and agree with Mr.Hatrick that those responsible for your situation should hang their heads in shame.

All the best to you anyway and I'm hoping one day you'll return to vaping when Australia wakes up.

17. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Not much I can say that hasn't already been said, being this late to reply.
    Sad to see a reformed smoker pushed back into the waiting clutches of smoking due to obstacles put in his way, which without those obstacles wouldn't have seen him return to smoking.

Dnar, please keep at least a good working kit for yourself, there may come a time when you want to return to vaping & having the kit on stand by will make that an easier choice to make, plus you won't have to buy new gear right away when you make it.
    I am forced to vape outside at my mum's favorite pub but I vape away from the smokers as I dislike the smell of smoke & do not want to inhale 2nd hand smoke. Sure I look a bit like an outcast but I am & never have been worried about looking different, I also understand some people are & would choose to sit with the smokers because of that, like you did.
    Perhaps, when vaping is recognised for what it is in this country & not seen as the same demon that smoking is cast as, we will see better rules put in place for vaping, ones that make sense based on evidence & not based on fears.