1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Be carefull if vaping in thailand

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by crispernator, Aug 18, 2016.

1. crispernator

crispernator Senior Member

Hi all i would be pretty sure that subyxv is on the money there are heaps of vapers in thailand but you may not see them , as the original post says just be carefull i am pretty sure it is not illegal to own one but just the import and sale ,the guy who got shook down didnt loose his toot and i dont think he had to pay any tea money either he was just warning others that it could happen, it was the guy who was selling and importing them that would wear it as this is stated as illegal under thai law . Another post was put up regarding smoking in condo rooms to be aware that there smoke alarms are sensitive as another member was payed a visit by the fire brigade as he set his off ,but he has come up with an ingeneous way around it so far .

2. Christina Ballerina

Christina Ballerina Senior Member

Oh for goodness sake. Now I dare not change flights at singapore anymore, because you have to have your batteries in your hand luggage and I understand they will take them. Now Thailand seems to be off the bucket list. Hows about Vietnam?

crispernator and snuffy like this.
  3. subyXV

subyXV Member

Dont let whatz happening in Thailand stop you. Vietnam is also another amazing place and i love both destinations

4. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I'm going to Vietnam and Cambodia at the end of February and feeling nervous. If I have to I can smoke and stop when I get back but I would rather not if it can be avoided.

Pippi and crispernator like this.
  5. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I flew back from Warsaw through Singapore and when I had my mod half lifted out of my handbag he shoved it back in and said they don't need to see them. I guess the people on the ground at airports realise it is not good for tourism.

Flea, Pippi, crispernator and 2 others like this.
  6. Christina Ballerina

Well yes, that is true. I guess just take maybe one decent piece of equipment and a pen one in case they are seized. I would definitely have to smoke if they took my gear.

crispernator, Judith and snuffy like this.
  7. crispernator

christine you have to have your batteries in your carry on luggage as long as they are in the plastic containers to stop short circuit it should be fine ,i carried a number of batteries for different things in 2015 all in plastic containers as well as my i stick 30w in my bag ,they didnt take them off of me when i passed through singapore although they did want to look at my nautilus coils as they looked like bullets or so they told me ,once shown they were fine although slightly embarrasing in front of other passengers getting a pat down nothing i took to thailand was taken away from me .Best thing to do is maybe contact the airline your flying with or go to there website and check there requirements

Christina Ballerina and snuffy like this.
  8. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Christina last year I was in Singapore for a week and vaped all be it very discreetly.

There was a notice on all the checking desks informing passengers to ensure all ecigs were in your hand luggage.
    The impression I got (but I didn't dare ask) was that if you were simply in transit they wouldn't confiscate any ecig paraphernalia.
    I did see some Singaporeans vaping but they looked more hesitant than me and in fact quite a few of my wife's work colleagues were merrily vaping away everywhere ignorant to their law. I did inform several of them but they were all unaware and it certainly didn't stop them even in the hotel lobby!

I only used egos in case of any dramas and did actually do a very bad thing as Singapore was my destination carrying them in the cargo hold. I was feeling guilty and worried for the flight but all went ok.
    How many other batteries of all descriptions are in the cargo hold I wondered?

I did make a point of putting juice in with the toiletries and clearos seperate again.

crispernator likes this.
  9. Christina Ballerina

Yes that is what I normally do, I turn my mod off and sellotape the end over, I also had problems in London Gatwick cos they also thought my coils were bullets.Put it into a plastic bag. Funnily enough, no problems at Dubai. Quite reassuring re Singapore, thanks.

crispernator likes this.
  10. Christina Ballerina

You rebel Gasman lol. But again that is very reassuring.

crispernator, Gasman and Cat like this.
  11. Cat

Cat New Member

Yes I love Thailand too much to let a little thing like that stop me returning.

snuffy, crispernator and subyXV like this.
  12. subyXV

subyXV Member

Spot on Cat and i love your mentality :)
    Smoking in vietnam is dirt cheap. Back in 2014 a packet of Marlboro lights was 25000 dong, which worked out to be about $1.20 aussie

Cat, snuffy and crispernator like this.
  13. snuffy

snuffy Guest

Smoking ? WTF you need a dong suby :spank:

Cat likes this.
  14. Cat

Cat New Member

Thank you Suby, and also what Snuffy said!

I had one puff of tobacco after I tried vaping...the same day and never since. Nor do I plan to no matter how cheap they are. Still wearing patches...today I wore half a one so only 7mg nicotine. I feel so much better vaping and I don't stink anymore!

Pippi, Judith, subyXV and 1 other person like this.
  15. crispernator

Thats were i fell down my last trip in singapore ,a carton of ciggies for 20 dollers and i had a changi voucher so got em for nothing oh well, the price in bangkok was about 2.50 for a pack of marlboro red 20' s . What i did christine on my last trip was run both my i stick 30's out till they were flat had all my gear with me but smoked ,this trip i have been told if i smoke then i am in big trouble ,when the girl found out i had my vape gear with me but chose to smoke she was not impressed ,this was also before i had my medical issues as well so now i have a reaon not to ,My advice as others have said keep all your vape gear in your hand lugggage apart from your juice of course be honest if any discrepency comes up but i think you will be fine ,the other thing i have been told is do not vape in changi airport ,now i dont know if this is so but i didn't chance it, anyway just take a pack of the stinkies and if you have to have one as people here have told me it aint gonna kill you and you cat get chewing gum because it is illegal in singapore .This is a big deal there a freind of mines son was chewing gum on the decent into singapore he was on the airbridge and a staff member saw he was chewing gum they made him swallow it before he entered the terminal there are a number of things thy are really strict on chewing gum is one .

16. crispernator

O.M.G It gets worse for anyone interested check out the british embassy in bangkok website and there view on it ,i saw it today on the other site I have checked on the australian embassy website but nothing as yet ........

17. Christina Ballerina

Jeesy peeps, they are harsh laws. What would also concern me is that I am prescribed a small of amount of diazepam every couple of months for anxiety, I only use it in emergency, but I would find it difficult to fly without it. As far as I can see that is also illegal.

Don’t become involved with drugs of any kind. Possession of even very small quantities can lead to imprisonment. If you are found guilty of being in possession of marijuana you could receive a long prison sentence and/or a heavy fine. If you’re found guilty of being in possession of 20 grams of a Class A drug at a point of exit from Thailand you risk receiving the death penalty. Amphetamines and ecstasy are regarded as Class A drugs and possession or trafficking carries the same penalty as heroin.

It is illegal to import more than 200 cigarettes per person into Thailand and this is enforced at customs at the airport on arrival; those who exceed the limit may be fined ten times the value of the items and face confiscation of the cigarettes.

You can’t bring vaporisers, eg, e-cigarettes and e-baraku, and refills into Thailand. These items are likely to be confiscated, and you could be fined or sent to prison for up to 10 years if convicted. The sale or supply of e-cigarettes and similar devices is also banned and you could face a heavy fine or up to 5 years imprisonment if found guilty. QUOTE.

Judith and DogMan like this.
  18. subyXV

subyXV Member

Id still take a vape to Thailand, just pull it apart and bury it through your luggage

19. crispernator

Hi chrstine yes thailand is probably one or the most harsh kingdoms/countries if you get caught with drugs and the bangkok hilton is not a very nice place as i have seen in videos and surprisingly most westerners in there are in for just that trafficing drugs with ciggies in the airport they have bins for excess smokes and alcahol unfortunately people do not do there homework and they are normally full from what i have seen ,i will keep an eye on the australian embassies website for updates to any restrictions but i am hopeing that it is a knee jerk reaction from one of the british embassies staff .
    So far i haven't heard of anyone being arrested or confronted at suvanabumi airport ....yet, however with things in thailand as they are at the moment with the passing of the king in october and a year of mourning in place and a re en statement of the new king it is hard to say what will happen in the future .Subyxv if there are restirctions from the australian embassy on vape gear and you get caught with it you will have no comeback at all and although they are a bit slack sometimes at the border crossing i would sooner leave it at home than spend 5 years in prison or a massive fine the embassy cannot help you they are confined by local laws , anyway i will be watching it very carefully i havent checked out any other enbassy ie:U.S for there info but yesterday a farang (foreighner ) got caught without his international driving permit on his scooter 1100.oo dollar fine ,not bad for a days work from the police .

Christina Ballerina likes this.
  20. crispernator

Well it gets even stranger reading posts last night and now a government department is pushing for the legalization of vaping gear in thailand ? There is a movement in thailand to make vaping legal and it is being done by the thai people themselves ,it would be good for the farang to support them but best left to the thai nationals rather than draw the crabs if you know what i mean .This latest development will confuse everything even more i think until laws are passed and it is in ink ,read on one of the news pages that they did a raid on a bar operating out of hours usual things underage drinkers girls offering services but they mad a point of saying they found a fruity smelling liquid and also 3 ecigs ,good mods to probably end up in a policemans pocket or a market stall his wife runs as they say tit "this is thailand" almost anything goes .

Judith likes this.