Best Vanilla Flavour Concentrate

Discussion in 'DIY Flavours, Mixing, Recipes' started by Jennifer, May 8, 2017.

1. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

Just a little FYI for all those intent on DIY. (I am certain Laurie, Noe and other veterans here will concur). I don't feel there are a great deal of flavours that are truly a stand-alone vape. It's not simple like food. Quite often, in order to make a decent authentic and suitably single flavour for our liking, we need to add any number of contrasting or supporting flavours and or enhancers, just to get a little closer. It's an exploration of creativity and quite frankly a rather habitual one at that.

Then there are those that don't care about flavour, as long as they're getting their Nic on, so to speak. I think I know one of those vapers...

Jerry Hatrick and Jennifer like this.
  2. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Yep I do; right around the corner from me. :sillygrin:

Thanks Noe, good advice. But not sure I'm up for that level of commitment. This Bavarian cream with a drop each of licorice and apple seems perfectly palatable to me. So far anyway.

I still want to try the Flavorah ones though, so will keep you posted.

Judith likes this.
  3. Admin

Admin Senior Member

Love a bit of Vanilla Chat. Cuts right through the acid, vanilla does. And how necessary that is sometimes. :winky:

It's one of the safest things in life ... like white bread, or Toyota Corollas, or left wing party politics, or faith in a benevolent God, or "tolerance" of gays, or a protest organised by Getup. Totally unremarkable and ineffectual but safe, and nice. :angel:

I adore Vanilla. The Flavour Republic's Vanilla Cheesecake for the win imho. :nanner:

Now Jen, if you can ever find a concentrate mix that replicates Daydream, well then you'll be cooking with gas. That stuff is rarer than hens teeth now. Crack that nut and you could make a million bucks. I'd buy a gallon tomorrow if I could.

Jennifer, DogMan, Judith and 2 others like this.
  4. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

I found an almost full bottle in my stash the other day! I'd forgotten all about it.

Saving is for a special occasion...like maybe this arvo, being Sunday and all. :sillygrin:

Admin likes this.
  5. Admin

Admin Senior Member

Ouch! Rub it in. If you had an ounce of decency you'd pop it into a post pack and send it my way. I'm so much more deserving than you are. :nod::angelwings:

Jennifer likes this.
  6. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Chiming in a little late here as I have been tied up with life :)

Capella French Vanilla V2 is a reformulated version of the original FV with no diacetyl or AP etc. Its not wholly as flavoursome as the original, but still good. I use it in some recipes.
    I think it is one vanilla that would hold its own as a stand alone flavour.
    You could try mixing it with Capella Vanilla Custard V2 for a "fuller" flavour and mouthfeel also?

7. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Hi Charles, I ordered some of those jungle flavours and wanted to thank you. They are very nice and I much prefer them to the others I've tried. More subtle, gentle flavours without as much of the chemical twang.

The recommendation is much appreciated and I will stick to the jungle ones from now on. :kissing:

Charles Vaper and DogMan like this.
  8. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

he's a bit clever, our charles :)

Charles Vaper and Jennifer like this.
  9. Charles Vaper

Except when it comes to picking real nicotine vs. NTN. :wall:
    That sure was short lived, huh?
    Have a great day doggie...

MetalOz, Jennifer and DogMan like this.
  10. MetalOz

MetalOz Senior Member

You're not the only one that didn't pick which was which lol

Charles Vaper likes this.
  11. Charles Vaper

I've been doing a ton of flavour testing recently and have two more vanillas I would consider a must try/buy.
    Inawera Shisha Vanilla and Flavorah Vanilla Bean. INW has long been a fav among the DIY community and it's a superb vanilla. (IMO, Medicine Flower is still king but not avail here)
    FLV Vanilla Bean is light yet very realistic and really an additive and or enhancer for other vanilla based flavours. However, it is exceptional and really useful for many situations.

MetalOz, Pippi and Jennifer like this.