BLU Pro 2nd generation starter's kit

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Judith, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I am reluctant to create a thread about an ecig made by a tobacco company but I thought this was interesting. I gather it is widely available in the UK and could be useful as a first try of vaping for smokers. It is of course not available in Australia.

This seems to be an idiot proof 2nd generation starter kit. It has a top coil refill atomiser which hold 1.8ml of liquid. Three reviewers commented on how good their high PG liquids are (vanilla, menthol and tobacco flavours). They only come in 18mg nicotine from what I can gather. The starter kit comes with a 950 mAh battery but there are 650 mAh batteries available for purchase separately as well as a wall charger. There is no variable voltage.

margyb, DaveJ, Donna and 1 other person like this.
  2. Admin

Admin Senior Member

Looks good for the technically challenged. Great to see Liz still going strong.

3. DaveJ

DaveJ I Vape

Yes.

How many of us have had potential new vapers say "small and simple"? How many of us tried cig-a-likes for that same reason? If these work even a little better than the cig-a-like I first tried, then great.

* Would be even better if it wasn't made by a tobacco company.

Browny and Judith like this.
  4. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I agree but they have the resources to put it everywhere which your average ecig manufacturer doesn't. I still don't think they are serious or it would have been a bottom coil and adjustable voltage but I saw quite a few reviews by experienced vapers and they all accepted it for being a reasonably priced starter kit that anyone (who lives in the right country) can access easily, is safe and it won't put them off like a cigalike might.

DogMan and DaveJ like this.
  5. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

I think you're all being too kind! It's an evod. One evod with some Chinese juice for £19.99. With all the money and scientists they have they've come up with an evod? Seriously!

margyb likes this.
  6. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

That's what I meant. They don't want people to vape obviously but seem to have been forced to up their game, possibly because vapers keep saying cigalikes are useless for smoking cessation. I think that despite that they have managed to make a usable ecig which is widely available. No one who has used better quality gear would be interested in trying one but it could have it's use and as I said earlier people would possibly try this and decide that vaping is worth exploring. A lot of people who have tried cigalikes first decide that vaping is not for them from what I have read. Don't forget either that a lot of people on this forum started with similar or even inferior gear and that enabled them to stop smoking.

7. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Touch my balls? Seriously touch my balls....huh? :wondering:

What was that at the end of the first video!

8. DaveJ

DaveJ I Vape

hehe - fair point.

BUT Evods are bottom coil not the top coil mentioned for these.... Perhaps these are more like a stardust, maybe. Still better than cig-a-likes so often offered for a first try and see though.

Judith likes this.
  9. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I must have stopped watching the last minute. I wanted someone young to post but I prefer to watch Liz. She is an experienced vaper and was dripping at least early last year so she knows what she's talking about and I find her entertaining.

Jennifer likes this.
  10. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

God love Lizzy! She's awesome. :thumbup:

I hate the fact that it's a tobacco company product, but you gotta hand it to them for making something so simple, smooth, complete and easy for anyone and everyone to use straight out of the box.

Judith likes this.
  11. Nico and Laughter

Yeah I love Lizzy too. There must be two versions of this because the one Lizzy had was like ce4 but the one another reviewer had had a tank that looked just like an evod bottom coil and all.

DaveJ likes this.
  12. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

On the positive for these, they will probably be available in "gas stations" in places like the US and UK. So they are at the point of sale where people buy smokes, not a dedicated shop like our vape gear. And as moonie said, better than cigalikes, and more likely to get people to try better gear

Judith likes this.
  13. MarkAtNeerim

MarkAtNeerim Senior Member

There are RoadHouses and Tobacco Shops selling e-cigs with nic in VIC.
    Probably not a good thing, will only force the Govt to act and overeach, banning everything.

Ecig shop owners should be paid danger money, their sustainability is in question until the Govt legislates.

Judith likes this.
  14. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

is it like vapoutron B & M where nic costs $40 for 30 ml?

15. Nico and Laughter

True and every vaper is one less smoker.

Judith likes this.
  16. Nico and Laughter

Why did I never know about this stuff?

DaveJ likes this.
  17. Nico and Laughter

Makes it sound like it would be cheaper for the government to tax it!

DogMan likes this.
  18. Browny

Browny Senior Member

as much as 'blooper reel' seems to be becoming a popular thing to tack on the end of video clips....he could have left that out :facepalm:

Judith likes this.
  19. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Woulda been nice if they made them with replaceable coils but at least they are moving away from cigalikes.

It does give us hope that they are serious about giving people a choice not to smoke & use decent vape gear.

Judith likes this.