Building the Melo 300 My way

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by emu, Feb 5, 2018.

1. emu

emu Senior Member

Thought I'd share a build of the Melo 300 RBA deck I just done in case anyone bought one and isn't sure how to go about it.

We just had a blackout after I got the first shot so apologies for the different lighting after the first pic. . .

Build and fit your coils first, I love Juggernaut wire in stainless steel because they perform really well and I use TC where possible....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cotton Bacon is my go to wick and I like it very tight, so tight you have to twist the loose end as you pull it through the coil...

[​IMG]

Once you have the cotton in place poke it down through the holes in the deck and pull it out through the juice ports on the side, I use a dentist pick to do this which is really handy, trim the excess cotton off but leave 3 to 4 mm's hanging out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Juice the wicks up making sure not to miss anywhere then screw the bell cap on, it's a good idea to check for shorts on a Ohm meter or mod at this stage.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next thing is to screw the RBA onto the chimney, this makes sure it's tight against the O'ring and no leaks, it's also good practice to do it this way for any tank whether you are using RBA's or pre-made factory coils for the same reason.

[​IMG]

Slip the glass on which will point the cotton ends upwards as you slide the glass up, this is really good as it allows the juice to flow into the cotton nicely.
    I like to lube the top and bottom seals where the glass sits and when the glass is in place at the top just turn it back and forth to make sure it's not binding anywhere.

[​IMG]

Screw the bottom plate on and fill the tank up, fit it to your mod and enjoy a great vape...!!!

[​IMG]

KayP, Flea, Angela and 1 other person like this.
  2. emu

emu Senior Member

PS. No need for expensive coil winding tools just use a drill bit of whatever size you like, my favourite is a 3mm drill bit :nod:

[​IMG]

3. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

Well that's an approach I haven't seen before.......good job!

emu likes this.
  4. emu

emu Senior Member

Thanks mate just logical really :nod:

5. Angela

Angela Senior Member

Awesome pics. :)

emu likes this.
  6. emu

emu Senior Member

Thanks Angela Sony phones have a pretty good macro setting, can't wait for the new Sony to arrive and have a play now :thumbup:

Angela likes this.
  7. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Nice build guide emu. Good job.

Sent from a galaxy phone, far, far away.

emu likes this.
  8. emu

emu Senior Member

Even better now with the rayon wick..!!!

KayP likes this.