1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Button wont bounce back

Discussion in 'Ask the Veterans' started by Mo Town, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Mo Town

Mo Town New Member

Hi.

My Smok Treebox's fire button wont bounce back.

This happens quite reguarly.

After I unscrewed the small schrews on the metal plates on top and at the bottom, I still couldnt the board/screen out to have a look inside.

Help anyone?

In the mean time, I am back on Cool Fire IV PLUS. It looks ok with my big baby tank.

2. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

*hand up*
    I've got a COV mini Volt that did that and now it won't bounce/click back at all. This is caused by 2 things. Wear & Tear and Dirt buildup.
    You should see tactile smd switches on the board. The proper way is to replace the fire button switch (requires some soldering skills, steady hands and patience lol).
    They should look something similar like this. They vary in sizes and depth.
    [​IMG]

Inside the switch there's a spring disc which is the culprit.

[​IMG]

If it's wear and tear then the spring disc has lost its dome shape and will need to be replaced. You can just replace the spring disc only if you're not confident in soldering but it's risky as you need carefully remove the outer cover which holds everything together. Taking it apart is easy, putting it back together is the hard part as clips to hold it in place sits under the switch (between switch and board). So that's one option if it's wear & tear.

[​IMG]

The other fix is if there's dirt build up usually caused by sticky e-juice. Juice build up under the spring disc and tends to stick to the base not allowing it to spring back. You can take it apart like mentioned above and carefully clean the spring disc and the base it sits on with isopropyl alcohol. The easier method is give it a isopropyl alcohol bath. Let it soak and it should clean the dirt off. Let it air dry. This is probably your best bet :)

Good luck and all the best.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    Flea and Mo Town like this.
  3. Mo Town

Mo Town New Member

Thanks a lot for that.

Will play around more.

4. Mo Town

Mo Town New Member

Hi @iamTezr

I did not see anything like what was in your pic, however,

I removed the thin plastic between the botton I press and the botton on the board. Problem solved.

I think the plastic is there to reduce rattling, but it also meant that there was less room for the botton to move. The same plastic can also be found behin the +/- buttons too. I left them there, not gonna fix somthing aint broke.

[​IMG]

iamTezr likes this.
  5. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

Sorry that my info wasn't any use to you. But glad you got it all sorted out.
    I haven't opened on Coolfire IV before so wasn't too sure what it looks like assume it should be similar to others.

Did a search and found this pic:

[​IMG]

I see that plastic you're talking about. Underneath that plastic are those buttons im talking about :)

6. Mo Town

Mo Town New Member

Cool mate.