1. Rest in peace, Aqualung. Thank you for the magic.
    Dismiss Notice

cant get soldier to stick to the dna 200 board-none of the wires have stuck,only the battery connect

Discussion in 'Electronic' started by rudedog, Apr 22, 2016.

1. rudedog

rudedog New Member

ive tried so many times the white battery connector is gettin some heat marks on it.took it to a guy that does soldiering all the time and he couldnt get it to flow either.im at my wits end with this thing.evolv can kiss my butt at this moment.why isnt it taking soldier,im not that incompetent,but ive never did this board soldiering just wires is all id ever done...well and still all ive ever done cuz this aint sticking...crap!

2. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Hi Rick.

Hope you get it sorted. I'm assuming you are using good quality solder and flux? Is the wire copper?

Browny, Catweazle and rudedog like this.
  3. rudedog

rudedog New Member

i just took it to my radio shack guy and paid the 16.03 to have him do it and at 410 degree's the soldier flowed like a river.i dont have a nice adjustable solding iron.so if ima keep doin this it'll be on my list of have to haves!i am ready to put everything together just gotta get the picture to show me how the screen goes in and ill be ready to click on the chip!!

DogMan likes this.
  4. rudedog

rudedog New Member

i used the shapeways screen holder so im waiting to hear from fishwater to know how to install the screen without breaking the dang ribbon.just firsttime dumb things that i dont know how to do is all.maybe if subohmies sees this he can tell me how to install the shapeways screen holder and which way to put the plugin for the screen.oh well its soldierd now.subohmies you were spot on...needed a nice soldiering iron!

add:and yeah Doffy the wire is copper and i used flux but it wasnt liquid flux,thats what the radio shack guy used.

DogMan likes this.
  5. rudedog

rudedog New Member

gopt this all done with help from subohmies and some of the folk here too.thanks for puttin up with the stupid newbie questions.-Rick

DogMan likes this.
  6. crispernator

crispernator Senior Member

I used to be a soldier and i wouldnt stick to the boards either ,sorry mate couldnt help myself hehehehehe