Ceravape Nano tank with Ceramic Wick review

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Noe, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

You could take it to the vape meet and a few people could try it. I know Noe was interested it trying one.

Why don't you keep it? You seem to like it so you may as well, I don't think there was a contract saying you had to pass it on.

Jennifer, Noe, Mushy and 1 other person like this.
  2. Mushy

Mushy Senior Member

Don't temp me Judith . Once I put melon boba in it it will be flavour stained for ever and I haven't vaped it in a long while .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I truly don't understand why you think you can't keep it. Put the melon boba in and check out the flavour so you can report back. :sillygrin: I'm sure Jen would be happy for you to keep it unless she said it has to be passed on.

Jennifer, Noe, emu and 1 other person like this.
  4. Mushy

Mushy Senior Member

So now I am getting bullied by two women into keeping it . I am loving it and I give up . Lol.

I've offered it because I thought there were other people keen to try it out... .

Noe, Judith and emu like this.
  5. emu

emu Banned

Think yourself lucky Mushy, can't beat a good slap.

Noe, Judith and Mushy like this.
  6. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I'm giving the one I have a good test but so far I don't like it so it will probably be passed on. The flavour might be sharp but it seems to bother my throat and lacks volume/warmth or something. I'll report back in a couple of days.

Jennifer, Noe, margyb and 2 others like this.
  7. margyb

margyb Senior Member

I found that it made me cough with 24 mg juice so put no Nic juice in it and it was ok
    I will try again with the 24 mg and see and if it still makes me cough . If it does I will reduce the Nic down and try that

DogMan, Judith, emu and 1 other person like this.
  8. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Margy I think there is a little bit of a learning curve when first using these, they vape a little differently than we are used to with "standard" wick coils. I find a second of firing before puffing on it helps to reduce that slight scratchiness that makes you cough.
    I still get it first vape in the morning, the vape is a little harsher than it is during the rest of the day but I can live with that, it passes after a few puffs.
    Using the pre-fire technique helps though, I have found.

margyb and Judith like this.
  9. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

That has definitely reduced the irritation thanks Noe. I will persist.

Noe likes this.
  10. Noe

Glad it isn't just me lol
    I think what happens is the coil heating up pulls the juice through the wick, when you first fire the coil is "dry" so you are trying to vape bare metal for a split second unless you allow the coil to heat a little.

Judith and margyb like this.
  11. Angela

Angela Admin

@Noe I finally sent your CVTank Mini off - minus the drip tip, although the wide bore one is still with it. I like the drip tip, and am using it in my mini Nautilus. I figured for the $80 I spent I should at least keep the one bit I liked.

There's about 9 coils with it.

DogMan and Noe like this.
  12. Noe

That must be the most expensive Drip Tip purchase in the history of vaping LOL

I'm not worried about a drip tip I'm sure I can find one to suit it among the 80 or so I have here ;)
    Thanks Angela.

Nico and Laughter and Angela like this.
  13. Noe

Well AusPost lived up to its motto for a change, I get the Mini 2 days after it was posted!
    I didn't expect express postage, so thank you :)
    I also still would have expected 3-4days even with express post, going on AusPost's track record, they must have had a slow week.

I don't know what fruity juice concoction you had in the tank but it smelled like pina-colda or something, took me an hour to wash that smell out LOL
    I think I over filled it slightly, as I was getting soem dry hits initially (on about the 3rd or 4th puffs) but then it settled down & I haven't had one since. With the 1.2 ohm coil in (reads 1.1ohms), I am still running it at about 12W & it seems to be ok, I want to run it at around 15w to see how it performs tomorrow. I only have the AFC 1/2 open too, having it wide open wasn't helping the flavor at all, still able to take lung hits though.
    It seems to be under performing, which is why I want to take it up to 15W but it's too late now to start testing it properly.
    My preliminary thought is the flavor from the Nano is better but if I can run this at higher watts then it may get better, I also haven't played with the AFC enough to know if it is set perfectly yet but I certainly think it is better than the Hygeia V2 & a better option for someone looking for a tank with more capacity than the Nano, without the size of the Soter.

Jennifer likes this.
  14. Noe

Ok this is just annoying & confusing.
    After trying the Mini for over 24hrs & getting a good vape with it, I turned the watts up to 15 & instantly dry hits. Not only that but the ohms of the coil went from 1.1 ohm to 0.2 ohm, I have no idea how that could have happened, I didn't even refill the juice.
    I would have opened the tank up to find out WTF was going on with the coil head but I have had more important things to deal with, so the tank can sit there & look pretty until I am ready & have a chance to look at this coil head, I'm not going to use a new one until I know what happened.

DogMan, emu, Judith and 2 others like this.
  15. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

It seems apparent to me that ceramic coils are like expensive cars...a law unto themselves. Unpredictable, precious, and a pain in the arse.

Noe and DogMan like this.
  16. Stuart

Stuart Senior Member

Ha ha lol.. like my ex wifes Mercedes starting by it self in her drive way. Not just once. Lol.. it would just decide to start on its own. Lol..

Jennifer and DogMan like this.
  17. Noe

Maybe but when they work well they are better than anything else I have used.
    THe Soter tank has had the same 3 coils in it for 2 months now & I have been using it daily, ok I built those coils myself (which admittedly might be why it is working so well) but I haven't even had to change a wick, a coil or do anything but 5mins of dry burning per week & refilling the juice.
    The flavor is great & the clouds are decent, the TFV4 may have a bit more fog production but I would have had to spend at least $20 in replacement coils, using pre-made coils or spent more like 15-30mins a week on maintenance. both the Soter & the TFV4 produce a satisfying vape for me but the Soter saves me time/money compared to using the TFV4.
    Of course if I were using the pre-made Soter coils this may be a different story.

I think the biggest issue is Ceravape making the coils to be dual coil, rather than single coil, I have not had a problem with the single coil builds I have put into the heads.
    Also Kanthal is better than Nichrome IMO, so they should switch to using Kanthal & make the coils single rather than dual, using thicker guage wire to keep the ohms the same.

18. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Zactly. Expensive European sports car.

Stuart likes this.
  19. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Tinkerbell

Yeah I think you have nailed Noe. For me there just was this weird taste that I just can't move past and I think it's the nichrome. Because I've only been vaping for a year pretty well all my coils have been kanthal and I've never really vaped nichrome. It's a bit of a shame cause I think the ceramic wick concept is good.

Stuart, Noe and DogMan like this.
  20. Stuart

Stuart Senior Member

Maybe that was what I could tast, the nichrome, couldn't except that either. For me stainless steel tasts much cleaner.