1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

Ceravape Nano tank with Ceramic Wick review

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Noe, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Stainless Steel in composition is very similar to Kanthal. In fact they both have almost the same amount of Steel & Chromium, the 2 main metals of both alloys.

2. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

I always wondered what was in kanthal.

3. Noe

4. Mushy

Mushy Senior Member

Anyone still Ceravaping? After dry burning the coil for the first time it actually lasted longer for some reason. The new coil had to be dry burned after one week, vaping one tank of extreme ice a day, but after dry burning it lasted me two and a half weeks (vaping at the same rate on the nano and the same battery type). But today all flavour was gone and it was time to change the coil. I'll dry burn the used coil on the weekend again and see how it goes from there...

1ynne, Noe, Judith and 2 others like this.
  5. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I have taken a real liking to the mini with unflavoured in it. It is so good at flavour that I was tasting things I didn't like in RTV liquids I tried in it but it is really good with unflavoured 50/50 PG/VG and I won't have to dry burn for weeks or perhaps months. When I get my act together and mix some more liquids I will try again with flavoured although I vape unflavoured half the time now.

1ynne, Noe and Mushy like this.
  6. Noe

The Ceravape Soter is my favorite tank now. For about the last 2 months I have been using it & no need to change a coil (after I rebuilt them with Kanthal), a dry burn every week or two & it has just kept on performing, the ceramic wicks just keep on keeping on :D
    I tried some HoL NET juice in it, which is notorious for gunking up coils very fast. In a regular tank, a coil would last for about 5 or 6 ml before needing to be replaced with this juice, this is true even for an RBA, a re-wick & dry burn would be needed after about 5 or 6 ml, the Soter went through 2x 8ml tankfuls & I still don't need to dry burn it, the flavor hasn't got to the yuk stage yet I'm going to try another tankful to see how long it can last before needing a dry burn but for NET juice this is phenomenal already!

7. Noe

So about 1/2 way through the 3rd tankful of NET juice, the Soter started to produce that characteristic yuck, ashy taste that happens when NET gunks up a coil, I pushed through it to finish the tank, then gave it the much needed dry burn & clean.

This means it is requiring about 4 times less maintenance compared with most other tanks when NET juice is involved.
    This is quite remarkable for lovers of NET juice, who will know the flavor in most tanks turns to yuck quite quickly when NET is involved. Not only is the Soter requiring less maintenance but it is also hitting all the true flavor notes of the NETs I am using, with reduced sweetness compared to cotton wick tanks.

Judith, Nico and Laughter and emu like this.
  8. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

9. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

It's a very dry vape though. A bit too dry for me I think.

10. emu

emu Banned

Have you tried it in your favourite PV set up?

11. Mushy

Mushy Senior Member

Do you get decent throat hit with other juices? I still use the nano daily but finding it a bit gentle in that department overall. Still an enjoyable, reliable and consistent little clearo .

emu and Noe like this.
  12. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

To be honest Mushy and Emu I haven't really picked it up again since I posted that. I just went back to my usual.

I don't think it's really for me, I'm a bit lazy to persist with something new when what I'm using works fine. The Nano isn't really an improvement on my Kanger Genitanks or Mini Nautilus.

Mushy and emu like this.
  13. Mushy

Mushy Senior Member

Fair enough . I use it exclusively with menthol/mint juices as I prefer a cooler vape with those.

emu likes this.
  14. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I'm still using the Mini with unflavoured and it brings out all sorts of flavours. :sillygrin: I might put a tiny amount of flavouring in and see what happens.

Noe, Jennifer and emu like this.
  15. emu

emu Banned

I understand you, that's why I haven't changed my tank for over two years. Why bother when what you have work's perfectly, I've never had a dry hit or a bad vape in any way and I get heaps of nice tasty vapor every time. I use a $15 stumpy 22mm GS air tank and get five coils for $12 that last me 5 weeks.
    Yeah yeah I'm a tight arse but it just works.

16. tyronetarrant

tyronetarrant Member

Which tank was that Jennifer?

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

margyb likes this.
  17. Ben

Ben Forum Stud

Those Ceravape tanks are really odd. I'm loving the nano's bigger brother, the Hygeia V2, but I still find myself toking on my nautilus/silo's despite having a nice juice in the cera. The ceramic one vapes really smooth, it tastes super clean and produces nice flavour, but I think I actually like the slight colouration of the flavour by cotton if that makes sense?

1ynne, Jennifer, Noe and 3 others like this.
  18. tyronetarrant

tyronetarrant Member

Does anyone have the soter?

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

emu likes this.
  19. Noe

I do & I love it.
    Best Sub-Ohm tank I own, however I did rebuild the coils in it using Kanthal ( I did the same to the Nano, Mini, Hygeia V2), I don't like Nichrome coils at all.
    The closest tank I have to the Soter is the TFV4, which produces slightly better cloudage but the flavor isn't as good & the wicks need replacing more frequently (unless you use premade coils & then its the coil you replace which is very expensive).

The Soter is the best of the Ceravape tank line at present, then the Nano, Mini, last is the Hygeia V2, the Nano I use the other 2 I don't use. Although to be fair I didn't play around with the Mini all that much, it worked Ok for a while then I ran into problems with it & gave up on it since the Nano worked much better anyway.
    Vape Quality from the Soter is excellent, the Nano isn't far behind but for a device aimed more at the newby/intermediate market the Nano is excellent too IMO, the Mini is OK (if you don't have coil issues) but not as good as the Nano & the Hygeia V2 is not a tank I'd recommend at all.

tyronetarrant and emu like this.
  20. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

It's the Ceravape Nano tank. A little tank that fits flush on an ego battery, although it performs much better on a bigger battery.

tyronetarrant likes this.