Ceravape Nano tank with Ceramic Wick review

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Noe, Dec 16, 2015.

1. tyronetarrant

tyronetarrant Member

Bugger, was secretly hoping it was the soter so I could make an offer to buy, cheeky smile,

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Jennifer likes this.
  2. 1ynne

1ynne New Member

so a few months down the track how are you ceravapers travelling ?

I have become very blah about flavours - and settled on just a few ADV one of which is coffee - via concentrates and naturally extracted.. but coffee IS a coil clogger.. so I was thinking that the Hygiea V2 may be worth experimenting with if just for coffee ! I dont rebuild and 4 days for a coffee coil is making me realise that I might need to ditch my yummy juice or find another solution. Gearbest has HygieaV2 on sale 46% off and I have a credit there so it is going t0 be hard to resist trying one out -

I have been interested, entertained and intrigued after reading these 27 pages on these tanks - and delighted that my very first vendor, Southern Cross, has participated so fully in this journey !
    But even more exciting, I then saw that they are stocking a ceravape coil for the Nautilus - which I am hoping will also suit the Silo and Kabuki - anyone tried these? I couldn't resist and have placed an order!

What are your thoughts/experience?

3. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Hi 1ynne, I haven't heard about Ceravape coils for the Nautilus but that is very interesting, I will be curious to hear how you think they perform.
    As for the Hygea V2, IMO it was the worst of the 4 Ceravape tanks I have tried, the Nano (which uses the same coils as the Hygea V2) performs far better. The Soter or the Cerabis are better performers again over the Nano.
    The Hygea V2 for me did not perform well at all & I even tried switching a coil out of the Nano that was working beautifully in the Nano, into the Hygea but i may as well have not bothered, even with this coil it was not producing the same good result as the Nano was.

Certainly I think you will have less gunking issues, using ceramic wick coils, when using dark juices like coffee or NETs, if you have read all 27 pages of this thread then you probably already read my post about NETs used in these tanks. NETs gunk up coils faster than even dark juices do IME, so I would expect you to be able to get even better results with the coffee flavored juice than I did with NETs.

1ynne likes this.
  4. 1ynne

1ynne New Member

Thanks Noe ! I did read that Mushy and Ben and Mat were enjoying the Hygiea so for about $20 AUD on sale and with store credits I have ordered it - it is worth a try but now I have to try and wait patiently for 3 weeks til it gets here!

Southern Cross have posted the ceramic Nautilus coils so next week I can play with those in my Silo and Nautilus :)

5. 1ynne

1ynne New Member

Well I purchased from Southern Cross CERAVAPE NAUTILUS CERAMIC Dual Replaceable Coil ( 5 x pack )

"The Ceravape Nautilus Ceramic dual replacable coil for the Aspire Nautilus and Aspire Nautilus Mini tanks only

Specification Details Rating: 1.2 ohm Type: Ceramic wick type suitable for high VG."

which arrived in CERAVAPE HYGEIA CERAMIC Dual Replaceable Coil ( 5 x pack ) pack ! Matt was extremely helpful so I started this experiment, based on his recommendations.

After much vaping and adjusting and vaping and adjusting I gave up on getting them to work with my coffee in a Silo tank, ... after many dry hits.. too much nicotine.. and then vapers tongue just to round out the experience ! ..maybe it is the airflow... maybe its the cream/sweetness in the coffee...

After a strong Thai Green Curry, and when taste had returned popped a new coil into a Nautilus, decided to avoid creamy juices so added a mint/eucalyptus ejuice and have been happily vaping away for a week - all seems well ! Several tanks later all still vapes are tasty at about 11.5 - 12.5 watts and priming puffs before vaping.... will see how long the coil does in the longer term before making judgements.

My Hygiea tank is yet to arrive.. so I guess my journey in using that tank will be easier after using the Nautilus - well hopefully.. time will tell !! .. but even if all goes pear shaped I do have the Mini triton 1.8 claptons at the ready !!

Noe likes this.