1. Rest in peace, Aqualung. Thank you for the magic.
    Dismiss Notice

Chain vaping

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Lance, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Lance

Lance New Member

i think I could be vaping to much.
    Seem to use a lot of juice
    I'm thinking does it matter at least I'm not on the cigs

Malestorm21 and Maria like this.
  2. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

I chain vape frequently and because of that fact I use low wattage; rarely going over 12 on my Nautilus X; even use Evods at 8 watts and find both satisfying. Too early to tell if long-term effects are negative however, the less you vape, or lower watts the best imo.

Malestorm21 and Jaz like this.
  3. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Depends if you are inhaling directly into the lungs or mouth then lung (MTL). I chain vape because I MTL vape so the nicotine absorption isn't as efficient. You will know if you are absorbing too much nicotine most likely. I get heart palpittions and discomfort in my throat but there are other symptoms. The symptoms pass quickly when you stop vaping. I probably go through 5 to 7 mls a day (depending on the atomiser and wattage) and I'm not fussed about it. The only time I had real problems with a nicotine OD was when I forgot to take the old NRT nic patch off before putting on a new one.

Amount of liquid used depends on the strength of the nicotine too. I recently went back up to 18 mg nic liquids because I was vaping more on 12 mg. I would rather vape less with a higher nicotine than vape more with a lower nicotine strength. Nicotine is the least potentially harmful aspect of the liquids we use although research indicates that none of it is high risk. Time will tell if there are risks but long term smokers all know how much our health has improved since we stopped smoking so I am not concerned.

4. Maria

Maria Senior Member

I tend to continuously vape too trying to slow it done. But I do enjoy it.:vape: I have no wattage.

Malestorm21, Jaz and Judith like this.
  5. Lance

Lance New Member

Thankyou
    I'm using a. EVic VTC mod with the ultimo tank
    Coil ceramic 0.50
    Watts set at 45 to 55 depends on how I want the theory hit
    Should I have a lower watts then would I use less juice
    I'm probably going through about 8ml or more a day
    It's most likely I just enjoy vaping

6. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Low ohms and high wattage equal high liquid usage. :sillygrin: Just do what you need to do to not smoke.

Malestorm21 likes this.
  7. Lance

Lance New Member

Good advice Judith
    At least I'm off the cigs and have had no stress to get back on them
    Feeling so good now it's been 10 months off them

Malestorm21, Jennifer and Judith like this.
  8. Jerry Hatrick

Jerry Hatrick Senior Member

Lance you have to go high w when you use a ceramic coil .
    That's why I don't use them any more.
    As long as you are off the death sticks and happy , that is all that really matters.

9. Lance

Lance New Member

Thanks Jerry
    I have other coils to try see how they go

10. Jerry Hatrick

Jerry Hatrick Senior Member

Lance , when you do change to other coils ,start your w down lowish 9 or 10 and work up till you find your sweet spot !

Malestorm21 and Noe like this.
  11. Lance

Lance New Member

Sounds good Jerry
    Will do

Malestorm21 likes this.
  12. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I kind of agree ceramic coils need more than 20W to get the best out of them. I found the Estoc Mega ceramic EUC coils weren't quite as power hungry as other ceramic coils.
    I don't think wattage is going to harm anyone though, a hotter vape certainly may be more harmful but more study is needed on that, however higher wattage does not always = more heat.
    The type of coil used, the amount of airflow & the design of the atty/tank being used all play a part in how hot the vapor will be when reaching your lips, as well as the ohms & wattage used.

I prefer a warm vape because you get better flavor from a warm vape than you do from a cool vape, I don't like a hot vape but a hot vape supposedly produces more flavor (if you can get over the searing of your lungs), so I build my coils for flavor & the type of wire used makes a difference for both flavor production & wattage needed to run the coils.
    So by using various types of coil builds, I always aim to get the same amount of warmth from my vape, this may mean using more or less wattage/more or less airflow depending on the coils being used & the atty the coils are installed on.

Getting back to the question of the OP, IMO chain vaping is less desirable than fewer puffs using higher strength nicotine to satisfy cravings.
    If you are chain vaping for instance a 3mg/ml juice, then you could try using a 6mg/ml juice & you should be able to vape half as much as you were before.

Malestorm21, Lance, Jaz and 3 others like this.
  13. Lance

Lance New Member

Thanks Noe for the info
    I seemed to do it when I sit around at home
    Might have to up the nic

Malestorm21, Noe and margyb like this.
  14. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

I'm a chain vaper at times.
    8ml of 12mg/ml = 4ml of 24mg/ml in terms of nic consumption, and so on. If nicotine is the only driver for the behaviour, then its easy to manage whatever rate you want
    But when I sit in my favourite chair with my favourite beverage, to watch a movie and relax, I vape more, just because I like it. So I have a lower strength juice in my favourite setup for those occasions.
    So when out and about, I have a higher strength juice in a less efficient setup, (which is less offensive to the muggles) just to maintain nic levels, and the lower strength for when I'm enjoying vaping for its own sake.

Malestorm21, Jennifer, Lance and 2 others like this.
  15. Malestorm21

Malestorm21 Banned

I agree with Aqualung. When home, I use my favorite device being the Ijoy RDTA which thanks to a friend I have learned to rebuild. Thank you Madhat25 if you are on this forum. I think I met you on the Aussie Vapers forum. When vaping away from the muggles (and yes I am a fan of Harry Potter by the way and laughed when I saw this) I have only about 4-6mg of nicotine in my liquid. However, when vaping in public I use 12mg liquid and in a Eleif iCare Mini and find it adequate for my nicotine cravings.

Aqualung likes this.