1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

Cleaning & storing gear, changing juice

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Gabby, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I have around 30-40 different atomisers, most of them get used until I decide I need to try another one, then sit on my desk for weeks or months 1/2 full of juice LOL
    Not the best idea to leave them like that but at worse you'd have to empty it & refill it when you want to use it again & maybe change the coil.
    The best idea is to empty your tank if you know it is going to sit for more than a few weeks unused, because depending on the tank, it may seep some juice out the bottom over time.

Pippi, RC. and Gabby like this.
  2. Gabby

Gabby Member

Hmm, I think your approach may be preferable, Noe. After reading your response I decided to 'retire' my Eleaf iJust2 by cleaning it out, drying it and putting it away. As an MTL vaper I've never really liked it - it's too big for a start, tricky to fill and the control of the 'draw' is very klunky using a plastic/rubber adjustment ring. It's obviously one of the new 'compromise' AIOs designed to irritate tootle puffers.

Anyway, as I was drying it the tank rolled away and dropped onto the bathroom floor. Smash. So now I've got some useless bits and my first dead atty. So it goes.

3. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

:( no spare glass for that one?
    Just had a quick look at the specs & I guess there isn't a spare glass included but I'm sure there will be another tank that has the same size glass, it's not unusual at all for that to happen.

When I clean my tanks, I drop all the bits into a coffee cup & fill it with warm soapy water, take the glass out first & clean it with my fingers while dipping it in that water a few times, then rinse & put it aside to sit on a paper towel, then I place my hand over the top of the cup & shake 10-20 times , then rinse off each piece under the tap & set aside on the paper. Generally I do this in the Kitchen, where I have bench space & can put things out of harm's way.

Oh well, maybe it's a good excuse to buy a new, better tank :)
    Maybe this one https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10024366/5277100-vika-fantasy-styled-tank-clearomizer
    Which is being discussed here http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/any-new-mouth-to-lung-tanks-on-the-market.4246/page-7

Pippi likes this.
  4. Gabby

Gabby Member

I'm not interested in replacing it even though I think I can get replacements at about $10 for 5. The 510 battery may be useful sometime. Spare coils can go jump.
    At least my standard (a plain eGo one) and my backup (eGrip II) aren't quite so vulnerable. I've also ordered another eGo before they disappear completely.