1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Cloud9s story-I was raized by Lions and then I started Vaping

Discussion in 'Your Story' started by Cloudy, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Cloudy

Cloudy Senior Member

The house in which I was born was next to an abandoned theme park. The park had an African Lion Safari and when it closed there was nowhere else for the Lions to go, so they stayed. The former owner had to pay for their upkeep and deal with security.

Every morning my mum listened to the Lions intently as they bellowed their dawn chorus. I think she fell in love with the mystery they represented and the freedom they seemed to enjoy.

Soon after my birth she decided to introduce me to the neighbours. As an adult, I now realise this decision may have had something to do with post natal depression but as a child it sounded like such a happy story. Anyway they did not eat me they actually adopted me as one of their own.

I loved to be with my Lion family. On long summer afternoons I would lure neighbourhood pets into their enclosure for a game of chasies. Afterwards we would lie around soaking in the sun for hours and hours.

I learnt so many wonderful things but most importantly my Lion family taught me about living in the moment. When you run with the Pride you can feel it in your gut, all the joy and pain that can be had in life can come and go in a moment and life is just a series of moments.

Over the happy years of my youth there were some minor setbacks. I lost some toes, some fingers and my right eye but on the whole I think I have benefited from living amongst the Lions. For example:

• I was only ever bullied once

• I can lick myself clean using no more than a standard glass of water

• I can permanently retract my claws

My dear old mum has now passed and the Lions were all put to sleep when I was a teenager. They never could find a home for them and Africa is such a long way away.

Isn’t it odd how things that don’t seem to hurt you at the time of your youth can become a source of deep pain when you are fully grown? It may sound strange but if my Lion family were here with me now I could deal with them not being here so much better.

As a young man I was a fairly wild and woolly character but nowadays I live a quiet life of contemplation and retreat. I think my bad behaviour was because I missed my family and did not know how to properly express myself. Of course no one understood.

I often think of my Lion family and every now and then I try to play chasies but really it just makes me sad. Without the pride to run with it just doesn’t feel right, the moment has passed.

If you are still reading this WTF is wrong with you?

I smoked for 36 years, it was a crutch and a stress response. Like a lot of people it was a whole lot more than an addiction it was part of my identity.

I tried everything but inside I wanted to smoke, it was a form of self punishment or self medication. It was a way to keep the world and its people at a distance. I used to say very stupid things when people hassled me about it like "it may well be killing me but it has allowed a whole lot of annoying arseholes like you to stay alive!"

I planned on giving up. I picked a date 3 months in advance. I told everyone that this is what I am going to do. I went 5 days cold and then started vaping. I had conducted a lot of research and had it all ready to go.

I almost cried with relief when I felt that first hit from the vape...sweet relief. I sighed as I breathed out a cloud and actually shook.

I will never smoke again and have no desire whatsoever to do so.

If the gubby tries to stop it I will gather up the Pride and bite those Ffers heads off!

Aussie, Judith, KayP and 5 others like this.
  2. DogMan

DogMan Yes

:clap:

that was a good read cloud9

apology now, i thought you were a chick

Cloudy likes this.
  3. Cloudy

Cloudy Senior Member

well maybe I am...

Firekombi, Jennifer and DogMan like this.
  4. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

Excellent story Cloud, you had me believing, and calling BS 50/50 all the way through!

Thanks for sharing..........

Judith, DogMan and Cloudy like this.
  5. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:Awesome story cloudy! I may need to borrow those Lions sometime.

Cloudy and DogMan like this.
  6. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

:rofl:

I seriously thought your story was real. I did sit back for a second after reading that your learnt how to contract your claws, then decided it must be a metaphor.

You're a keeper Cloud9! Congrats on going 5 days cold turkey....not sure what that was about but good effort anyway.

Cloudy and DogMan like this.
  7. KayP

KayP Senior Member

I thought I smelled something funny.

I didn't cry when I first vaped, I coughed a lot though. I have not admitted this anywhere else yet, but I think it was because I didn't clean my Subtank. Yuck!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Cloudy likes this.
  8. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Thanks Cloud9, that gave me a good belly laugh. I'm so pleased you found vaping.

9. Cloudy

Cloudy Senior Member

I wanted to make a complete switch. I did not want to be tempted by dual use if I had some technical difficulty. It was my effort at burning my ships so that there was no way back.

Upon reflection probably a stupid idea but I am one for grand gestures.

I would not recommend it to anyone, but it did work for me.

Jennifer, Judith and DogMan like this.
  10. Cloudy

Cloudy Senior Member

Oh the coughing came later and lasted for a while. I thought I would like tobacco flavours and need 12mg.

Turns out I like cereal and desert flavours with 6mg or less.

Oh and I didn't bloody cry, I almost cried, there's a big difference you know!

Jennifer, Judith and DogMan like this.
  11. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Oopsy

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

DogMan likes this.
  12. Firekombi

Firekombi Senior Member Vendor

addicted to vaper's sotries.

Now that is beautiful.

:clap2:

Cloudy likes this.