coil building

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by texta, Feb 1, 2019.

1. texta

texta New Member

ok for my new legend 200w mod i bought a mesh pro tank and i like it but i also just last week bought a Drop Dead RDA and i like it even more , when i bought the rda i also bought a bag of cotton bacon and a few pre made coils they are going great but i want to have a crack at making my own coils . i have never made a coil before so i am after some advise on what to buy to start me off on the coil making caper what wires should i be looking for to suit my drop dead and 200w legend mod .
    oh yeah should add i have been thinking of giving a squonk mod a go too some advise on a good mod there would be nice as well.
    lighting a smoke was lot simpler but no where near the fun i can run a few different flavours now i have mothers milk in my tarot nano and grandpa joes butterscotch in my rda and blue raspberry in my mesh pro so if i feel like a change i can just switch for a few hours then switch back again .
    ok so what should i buy to start me off on coil making and what squonk mod .
    johno

2. emu

emu Senior Member

All you need is a couple of different size drill bits and some wire and ya all set to go, no need for expensive coil jigs or ohm meters. My favourite is a 3mm drill bit then I wrap 5 loops of Stainless Juggernaut around it which gives me 0.17 ohms, leave the drill bit in the coil while you fit it to the posts, once the post screws are tight I pull the drill bit away from the post as to tighten the wire on the drill bit. At the same time you can get it at the right height and level, it's also a good time to space the loops evenly with a little screwdriver while keeping tension away from the post. Drill bit is very handy and makes things easy once you get the hang of it.