Coils, coils, coils

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Annie, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Annie

Annie Hellraiser

0.7 Ohm nautilus bvc coils, to be more precise. Any advice on how to use them? As in, watts or volts upper and lower, vg : pg ratio, etc, etc. Gimme the general down low, please?
    Also what is the difference between 1.6 Ohm and 1.8 Ohm apart from 0.2 of an ohm?
    I have been vaping with the 1.8 ohm coils on about 7.2 watts on isticks forever. I've just recently found the coils aren't lasting nearly as long as they used to. I used to get 3-4 weeks per coil, now I'm lucky to get a week. My istick batteries are getting pretty old, but they still work just fine. Reluctant to change, because I've bought a couple of things in the last year to test and found I got dry hits or leakage like in the bad old days.
    I've tried running the coils in a bit on about 6.4 watts and then increasing as the vape starts to get unsatisfying, but I don't think that is making much difference. I've always got a super long time out of my coils, but either something I'm doing has changed, or the coils aren't as good as they used to be. Too much focus on sub ohm stuff is my guess. Terrified they will phase them out!

DogMan likes this.
  2. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

Hi Annie,

I was using the 0.8 ohm for ages and recently found them, like yourself, to not last quite as long. There are two types of nautilus coils, one for the Mini and one for other tanks. I've only used the ones for the Mini nautilus. I will say that since aspire starter producing the BVC coils for the PockeX, which are the best IMO, the others went slightly downhill. Then again, there's always that quality control issue. I've had a bad bunch from time to time.

Since the PockeX came out, I find little use for the Nautilus Mini tank.

Annie likes this.
  3. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

Forgot to mention, the BVC coils work best for me around 11 watts, using the Mini.

Annie likes this.
  4. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Hi Annie, I use 1.8ohm nauti coils daily and still use and love my Mini Nautilus - I did a bulk buy of the coils from gearbest as the price difference was huge but the dollar isn't quite so good now. My coils last a good two weeks if not longer so hoping they haven't changed.

A few of us contacted aspire a while back to be sure that weren't discontinuing them and they said they had no plans to stop production ( but things can change for sure).
    I have started to save all my nauti coils as they can be rewicked and apparently its not too hard once you get the hang of it but I haven't tried yet.

I think there is a you tube on how to do it.

Ps, I didn't like the .07 coils as you have to have the watts higher and it really is a subohm coil.
    My tanks run at between 12 and 15watts with the 1.8 coil on a Provari. :)

Heaps of Aussie stores stock them and also the Coil Man has great prices and has the .07 - 1.6 & 1.8 ohm in stock - Many Vapers say his service is great.
    https://www.thecoilman.com/aspirevapevaping

Annie and DogMan like this.
  5. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Ps, that works out to $10 a pkt plus postage so buying in bulk is the way to go if possible :)

Annie likes this.