Dead Rabbit 4.5ml

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by Rayjay, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Ordered this baby today been waiting for it to get to Australia. I hear it leaves the OBS engine for dead. Ok we will see what this tank is like. Yup ordered the goldie.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Look forward to reading what you think of this one, had considered trying it myself (I also would have got the gold lol)
    From what I heard though it gets a whistle up if you put the coils up high, which is where you would expect to put them for better flavor production.
    To combat that of course you drop the coils down lower but in doing that you lose some flavor strength.

While the OBS Engine V2 is a little harder to build on, it is also an improvement on the OBS Engine, particularly in the flavor department. I got one to try, then ordered another after the first few days of using it, I now have 2 that I use almost exclusively, while all my other tanks (including the my OBS Engines) are gathering dust.
    The one thing I really like about the V2 is that the coil placement is a no-brainer, it has to go in the correct place & there is very little room for adjustment up or down, which means a consistent result for flavor every build. This means that testing different types of coils for flavor production can be carried out with fewer variables, giving each type of coil an equal footing to stand on its own merits.

Rayjay likes this.
  3. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

I am very much looking forward to testing the rabbit. A newbie on this forum is having all sorts of problems with wicking his OBS. I for the love of money cannot figure out what his problem is. He complains of it working for a while then says it tastes like shit. I have never had this problem with the OBS. @Adam Hay I attach a video I found and maybe this will help him. Your comments welcome @Noe

4. Adam Hay

Adam Hay New Member

I am here lol

Rayjay likes this.
  5. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

I see you, maybe Professor Panda @Noe can help you have to be patient @Adam Hay

6. Adam Hay

Adam Hay New Member

She all good now she all sorted

Rayjay likes this.
  7. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

@Noe,
    Mate, the dead rabbit is all its cracked up to be and the flavour and performance is par excellence. The only con I can give it is the re assembly after building. You have to align the little notches before you screw it together otherwise juice goes everywhere lol. I made this mistake on my first build. Quite true it will whistle Dixie if you have the coils to high, but it is far easier to build on than the OBS V 2 I have but my Obs in my mod rack and it is now gathering dust with the other tanks I no longer use or use in an emergency and ordered a second dead rabbit.
    What truly amazed me was that the OBS is a juice hungry beast, with the Dead Rabbit and only using the small tank I got 200 puffs before a refill.
    At first I did not like the bit about unscrewing the top to fill, but, after a heavy night out with the boys and gals, and going to fill my OBS through the air hole:sick::hanged: I appreciate the removable cap of the dead rabbit. Highly recommend. My supplier is running out fast, and has ordered more @Adam Hay :sillygrin: I beat ya and got the last gold one in stock.

8. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Hmm, might have to get myself an early xmas prezzie & test it out. Still I prefer the OBS V2/V1 filling method over screw top lids, nothing to unscrew & drop on the floor is a win IMO.

@Adam Hay the trick with the OBS, which it looks like you have discovered, is to not force the wicks into the wick slots. The wicks need to be packed into those holes slightly loose & be long enough to just rest on the very base of the tank (hard to see this but practice will teach you where to cut). If they are too long they will not wick as well & if they are too tight the juice will not be able to flow through the wick properly.
    Once you have it right though, it is easy to get right every time.
    Another thing that helps is using coils with a 3mm or 3.5mm inner diameter ( try 3mm first if you're having wicking issues & dry/burnt hits), any smaller than this & you will be needing to change the wicks more frequently. Peronally, I prefer 4mm inner dia. coils (when I can get away with using them) as this reduces wick maintenance even further, however I do not recommend this to inexperienced RBA builders, tollerancesbetween metal parts & coils when using coils this large is very tight & short circuits are not something you want.

Adam Hay and Rayjay like this.
  9. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

I agree with you there @Noe that the filling System of the Dead Rabbit is the only con I can give it.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

10. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

BTW, @Noe thanks for helping Adam out.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

11. Adam Hay

Adam Hay New Member

Sweet thanks mate