1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Describe your first month of DIY juice.

Discussion in 'DIY Flavours, Mixing, Recipes' started by DogMan, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Adrian Grace

Adrian Grace Member

Something that I neglected to mention about that first month - I had finally put together something that I was truly happy with and decided to make a larger batch of (100ml).

Worked the batch up, slapped it in to a tank a couple of days later (it was predominantly a fruit Vape, so it should have been fine) and..... Nothing.

Bland as hell.

Thinking I had screwed something up in my calculations I boosted all the flavours.

Still nothing.

At a total loss, it was off to the internet to try and work out what had happened.

And that was how I discovered one of the greatest secrets of Vaping, something that never seems to be mentioned before the fact - the dreaded vapers tongue!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Lol, its funny I did get it a few times but I never do now - not sure why not :scratch:

emu, crispernator and Adrian Grace like this.
  3. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

Yep i went through this as well, :)
    i find if i chain vape a single flavor and drink to much coffee (which is often :p)
    i still get it.
    so now i make sure i have at least 3 different flavors made up at a time and switch between them often to avoid it

emu, Pippi and Adrian Grace like this.
  4. Adrian Grace

Adrian Grace Member

Haven't had it since - swap flavours all the time, and if I start to get that weird feeling that flavour is dropping (sometimes with a faint metallic vibe to it) that juice gets shelved for a while regardless of what progress I may have been making on it.

Actually starting to get that vibe with one today (have been hitting it hard for the last 2 weeks because it is "almost there") so time to rest that one and work on something different.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

emu, crispernator and Pippi like this.
  5. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

I remember why I dont get it anymore - over a year ago some wise one here said to use month wash - I do that daily and its second nature now - forgot the reason I started it was to avoid vapers tongue. I am sure switching flavours works too :)

crispernator and DogMan like this.
  6. Maria

Maria Senior Member

Great thred good to read but no D.I.Y from me:scratch:

DogMan and emu like this.
  7. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Oh man, I was a DIY adonis. The first mix I ever made caused angels to cry tears of utter joy.

Seriously though - it was utterly horrible the first week or so.

I ordered concentrates from MBV in an attempt to make an Alabama Slammer style cocktail flavour and botched it completely.
    Far too much flavour (I was hitting the 35% mark), overpowering with amaretto, and generally just horrible. It truly was the definition of arsejuice.
    I still have the notes in my little black book to remind me of exactly how far my DIY has come......

Adrian Grace and DogMan like this.