Did you "dual use" when you started?

Discussion in 'Polling Booth' started by DogMan, Feb 12, 2016.

?

Did you have a period of still using burning tobacco when you started vaping?

1. No, instant switch.

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  2. Yes, a day or less

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Yes, a week or less

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  4. Yes, weeks

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Yes, months

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. Yes, I still do

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. Yes, until I discovered smokeless tobacoo [snus, snuff etc]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Yes, a year or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Judith was the premier VCA admin, so sad she retired :(

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  10. Chrissy, can you cook for me?

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Stuart

Stuart Senior Member

Coughing!!! That was crap lol..lol.. I had a perminant cough!!! And coughing fits as well! It wasn't nice!!! Even little bloods bits in saliva after coughing sometimes.

emu and Pippi like this.
  2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I think it is more of a psychological thing than anything else. Some people have the willpower to take the leap of faith & others need a bit of a crutch to help them get over the initial hurdles.
    Personally I just told myself I was going to give vaping a fair chance to convince me that it worked & that for 48hrs I wouldn't smoke, well 48hrs turned into 2 weeks & at the end of 2 weeks I had my 1st & last full cancer stick, it made me feel sick & tasted disgusting, after that I knew I wasn't a smoker any more.

3. Noe

You owe it to yourself to try a smoke after vaping for a couple of weeks to a month I believe. Especially if you still get urges to light up, just be sure to force yourself to finish the smoke & see just how bad it makes you feel & smell, you won't want to light up again after that. The other thing is don't do it while drinking alcohol, do it while sober & close to the porcelain bus in case you need to puke afterwards.

4. Stuart

Stuart Senior Member

Ha ah, I might just try it but I suspect I wouldn't finish it lol.. vapings too good lol...

Steve Thomas, Noe, emu and 1 other person like this.
  5. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles Moderator

That was kinda how I did it, just day by day and soon I was I there.
    The inside/outside thing doesn't make any difference to my dual use friends as they go outside their homes to smoke and also to Vape. Really - I just believe every Cig a person doesn't have .... surely helps?

Noe, emu and Stuart like this.
  6. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles Moderator

That was suggested to me - during a Vape Crisis a few months ago - I nearly did but decided against it - so glad I didn't :whew:

Browny and emu like this.
  7. Stuart

Stuart Senior Member

Every little bit helps!!!

emu likes this.
  8. Noe

Smoking that cancer stick 2 weeks after I started vaping was the sealer for me. I knew after smoking it that i never wanted to smoke again & then no matter how challenging vaping was, I was determined to make it work for me.
    Back then (in the dark ages of vaping) it was a lot harder to get a decent vape & there wasn't all the range of choices we have today for mods & atties. An 1100mah vape pen was about the highest mah device easy to get, if you wanted a mod with bigger batts you had to make it yourself or know someone that would make it for you & even then you were limited to regular Boge cartos or Joye510 atties as the 2 main choices of toppers, tanks were still a pipe dream.
    I figure that if I could do it back then with all the hurdles & challenges to get a good vape, then anyone vaping today could more easily prove to themself the same way by smoking a cancer stick that they don't want to smoke & would prefer to vape.

emu, Judith, DogMan and 2 others like this.
  9. Stuart

Stuart Senior Member

I had three puffs of a cig yesterday. It was discusting, I felt a little dizzy and had quite a sickly fealing, and the smell and tast, yuck!!! I'll never go back!!! Vaping is much more pure and enjoyable for me

Browny, DogMan, Noe and 3 others like this.
  10. Noe

Now if/when you get those urges you'll tell them to eff off ;)
    Eventually they'll get the message & you won't get them or simply recognize them as a hint to have a vape :D

Steve Thomas, DogMan and Stuart like this.
  11. Browny

Browny Senior Member

Dual used for a day due to no nic liquid, as soon as I had nic liquid it was an instant switch.

I'm one of the lucky ones, some folks seem to struggle at the start and I feel for them.

12. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Tinkerbell

Oh I like the resin idea. Maybe I'll do that. I really dig the idea that it's just sitting there not needed. I would never have been able to do this with any other quit attempt.

Judith likes this.