DIY Portable vape station Pulsar

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kilroy Vape, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Kilroy Vape

Kilroy Vape New Member

Hi all.
    I and my friends making customs vape mods in Siberia.
    Not so long age created an portable corded vape mode which powered directly from DC or car network.
    Wanna show it to you and hear some feedback.

2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

First welcome to VCA.
    I think it's great that you have made something with quality materials.

However a few things I took away from that video:
    1. The mod is huge, I think you should try to reduce the size, most vapers are looking for smaller mods, not larger mods. Perhaps you could make a car can holder "stand" for a smaller mod & achieve the same result.
    2. 360W is a lot more power than anyone really needs, the reality is that most vapers never vape above 100W, even 50W is more than enough for most.
    3. It's not very portable, due to a) it's size & b) the cord(s) & power pack needed to run it from. Battery operated mods are smaller, some even offering up to 300W (again over kill), more portable, don't require a power socket to run & most have a screen that allows the user to see what power level they are using, coil resistance, along with other information.

I'm not trying to discourage you from designing your own mods or even marketing them but if you are intending to market them ( which I think is the case) then the size needs to be smaller, it should include a screen of even a basic type for power/ohms and perhaps have a stand that sits in the can holder in the car.
    As it is at present, I don't think you will get a lot of sales, it's really a niche product in an already niche market. Vapers, In My Opinion, are more likely to buy a battery operated mod, which is smaller & which can be carried around outside of their car and be used anywhere.

Anyhow, it looks like you have put a lot of thought & work into it, hopefully you can implement improvements to the design, good luck.

3. Kilroy Vape

Kilroy Vape New Member

1. Well it's portable not pocket (compare to a real vape stations). The size of the device is like a can of 0,5l of beverage. Do you really think that can of beer is big?
    2. Well 360W it's a special version for trucks (where are 24V circuits), standart version max power is 180W and it's a real power (in most boxmods the max power is an nominal figure).
    3. The main thing is that it's a desktop device not a portable. Which can give to vapers other vape experience couse works directly from DC network (you recieve a constant flavour and zero voltage drops).

4. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Are you saying you can not or that you do not want to reduce the size?
    IMO a smaller sized device would gain more traction, ie. be more popular & easier to sell.
    To be honest, I have been vaping for nearly 9 years, so I have seen a lot of products come & go, I also reviewed many products, this device is not something I would use but I can see where some vapers may want to. If it was smaller, it would appeal to me more and through experience, I think most other vapers would prefer it that way too.
    If I want to vape now, in my car, I have multiple options on the market to choose from, from a pod device that slips into a pocket on my shirt, to a triple battery mod which will sit in a car's cup holder, with many other options in between - all with batteries of some type & portable outside of the car. If you want to sell a base station device ( it's not really portable, lets be honest here) then you need to compete with those other devices. Making it smaller, lighter & more user friendly is only going to help you compete, it is already handicapped by the fact that it is tethered by a cord (yes some may see this as an advantage but the greater majority will not). Having it large, with no screen to easily make adjustments or see the current settings/readings is just making it that much harder of a sell.

I appreciate that it would have a constant power, since it is not limited by battery life, however many GOOD regulated battery mods exist that are capable of doing the same until the batteries are in need of recharging. Devices similar to what you have made, have been sold in the past (most using a USB power supply, with or without batteries) commonly known as a "passthrough" device, these were usually not taken up by vapers much at all, most people don't want to be "tethered" & prefer portability. In a car or truck, I could see a use for such a device, for some people but I highly doubt many would want to plug it into a socket at home & be tied to a desk or chair, when a battery operated device can perform the same function & offers more features & freedom to move about.
    However, to make it more acceptable to drivers (because that is your main target here I believe), it needs to be smaller & have a screen, holding a can sized mod while driving is not going to be convenient & not having a screen is going to make it non-adjustable on the road, without a greater risk of an accident.

Of course this is all just my opinion, others may feel differently but I do think I have a good knowledge of what vapers enjoy, given my experience & the testing I have done in reviews then seeing how accurate my own predictions were in vaper uptake from those reviews.
    I'm sure you put a lot of work to get it to the stage it is at but that should not stop you from trying to make improvements, perhaps as a Version 2 if you want. Imagine if it had all the features it does now but also had improved features, it could only be more popular. :)