DIY Tobacco Concentrates

Discussion in 'DIY Flavours, Mixing, Recipes' started by Charles Vaper, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

Lately I've been experimenting with tobacco flavours again and I'm looking for suggestions on concentrates that are available in Australia. JuiceWhore have one I use regularly, it's their JW signature blend - http://www.juicewhore.com.au/tobacco-blend/

Add a few drops of PGA, ACV or regular vinegar and TFA smooth and I find it's pretty satisfying using 24 mg nic at 50/50. Steep for 3-4 weeks is best imo.

I heard that Tobacco absolute was available again somewhere which use to be my go to years ago. Just looking for some variety.

Any suggestions for something not too harsh? Thanks.

rupert and Pippi like this.
  2. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

3. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Personally I prefer FA tobacco concentrates and generally mix them at 5% but I do like my juice strong.
    My favourite from them is Camblend but I don't think it's available in Australia. I believe it's one of FA UKs blended mixes and I definitely know that I ordered it from FA UK.
    I remember scanning FA Australia and seeing it was out of stock. I did wait but it never seemed to arrive and I'm impatient but it could be now.

I think what Pippi is eluding to is our conversation last night in relation to Govapes French Pipe which I found absolutely stupendelicious.
    It somehow reminded me of a NET and I have absolutely no idea how.
    Everybody's tastes are different but that one really hit the spot for me and I shall definitely be ordering a concentrate.
    I think I'd go as far as to say it's going to go to the top of my tree for tobacco flavours.
    I just wished I'd found it sooner!

I have tried and been disappointed in so many tobacco flavours but with a little experimentation and head scratching I invariably end up with something palatable.

The only one I had to bin was a doubler from Vapoureyes called Evening Tobacco which I could not stand or do anything with.
    In their defense they did state it's one that is generally loved or loathed and I unfortunately fell into the latter category.
    Yet I often see vapers saying they love it so it just goes to show.

I know you're not enquiring about doublers and I don't want to put anybody off from trying it but I just thought I'd mention it.

I have actually quite enjoyed Hiliqs juices as well but I only bought a concentrate of L&B as I was pretty sure I was going to like it.
    Luckily for me I did but haven't mixed it up the concentrate yet.
    It reminded me a bit of FA tobaccos and in particularly their Golden Rollie.

Pippi and Donna like this.
  4. Charles Vaper

Thanks for your input Gasman.
    A few years ago, I recall using some FA concentrates but never was able to make a DIY that satisfied me as much as commercial, so I stopped buying them and moved to Tobacco Absolute and TFA's M type Tobacco, albeit that the latter is very potent. I may investigate TA again as I was able to make a yummy cig flavour from it but it became unavailable for the longest time.

I've imported Black Note liquids from the USA as it's by far my favourite tobacco e liquid but it's cost prohibitive, and I'm needing something I can use for my e Cig demonstrations and something that locals can buy locally; I don't subscribe to ordering overseas as I wish to support the industry here. Besides, I want to DIY as I no longer buy juice, I feel it's way overpriced.

I agree, juice is subjective and I've always subscribed to the theory that everything regarding vaping is trial and error. I may try the French Pipe as some smokers do enjoy a stronger blend; my tastes lean more toward subtle, smooth and light.

Thanks again for your opinions; you contribute a lot here and I respect you for the time you take. It's folks like yourself that make this forum so great, cheers.

Gasman and Pippi like this.
  5. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Charles, I vape tobacco flavours nearly exclusively. My all day vape is UK Smokes by T-Juice. I mix it a 5% and have found it great for helping smokers that want/need a mild tobacco flavor to start with.
    For a long time I got it from HOV but I have a feeling they are closing down. I asked Vape King to get it in and they now have it in stock.
    I am happy to send you a tiny amount to try (no costs to you for postage etc)

Charles Vaper likes this.
  6. Charles Vaper

Thanks Pippi, I'm ordering a few this week so will add it to the list; appreciate the gesture though. I've tried T Juice (UK made) from VapeKing before, it was a fruit that I didn't care for but will give this one a try.

I too have suspected that Ben will close down, a sad thing for sure as I know from discussions I've had with him he had hoped to open a B&M one day, only if regulations were relaxed though. With this in mind it would be easy to go off on a rant but I shall refrain; at least for now!

Pippi likes this.
  7. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Yep very sad about Hov - They were the only supplier in Australia of the UK Smokes concentrate and always gave really great service. On a selfish level I am very relieved VK is now stocking it. The recommended mixing is 15 to 20% but I would strongly advise starting much lower. I continue to mix it at 5% :)

Charles Vaper and Gasman like this.
  8. Charles Vaper

Gasman, margyb and Pippi like this.
  9. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Thanks for the kind words Charles but in my opinion there's many who do an awful lot more than me.
    Pippi is a classic example with all her tireless work organising vape meets and prizes.
    I try to offer some input, enjoy the company and learn a lot.

Charles Vaper likes this.
  10. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Ta Mr Gassy, but its never one person that makes things happen :)

Gasman likes this.
  11. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I totally appreciate you're not alone, I also remember Steve at the Daylesford meet most definitely busying himself but it's definitely fair to say you do more than your fair share.

12. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I've only just noticed this and it's a classic example.
    I mixed it at 15% and couldn't taste it?

I don't know if it's a case of more being too much or I simply stuffed the mix up but my exact words from my notes were;
    "Just a weak flavour of nothing- very slight aniseed,try stronger "

I honestly think my taste buds have been too badly abused over the years.

Pippi likes this.
  13. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

NETs are quite different to synthetic tobaccos. You can not replicate NET flavors using flavor concentrates. So I still will buy NET tobaccos, as I enjoy them on special occasions.
    My favorite NETs all come from https://houseofliquid.com (HoL), which is based in the UK but they have an Aussie HQ now too http://www.houseofliquid.com.au .
    The difference is, the UK juices already have nicotine & have a more authentic taste than the AU 0nic juices, so I always import from the UK site when ordering but if you want to buy locally, there is that option.

TFA Mtype is very very strong & many tobacco vapers do not like the flavor note it has, even in small amounts. Another TFA flavor colled Tobacco blend, uses Tobacco absolute & cotton candy flavor (actually just a sweetener) to create the flavor, so it is just sweetened tobacco absolute, I think that one is still available or it was last time I checked.
    DK tobacco is another one from TFA, used alone it is very strong but it is good when mixed with other tobaccos or even a bit of cream or vanilla flavor to melow it.
    I don't like most of the Flavor Art tobaccos, at least on their own, they all taste artificial to me & to get them tasting authentic takes a bit of skill & blending with other flavors.
    The Super concentates from The Juice Factory (Aussie vendor) are some of the best tobacco flavors IMO, a lot of people like the blackfire tobacco super concentrate, it's good on its own but there are other super concentrate tobaccos that are equally as good, I quite like Flue Cured & French Pipe. Flue cured is more of a mid strength virginia cigarette type flavor, while French Pipe is aromatic like a pipe tobacco.
    The juice Factory has a lot of different tobacco concentrates here: http://www.juicefactory.com.au/tags/tobaccos , look for the super concentrates, as I think they are the better tobacco flavors.

Charles Vaper, Pippi and Gasman like this.
  14. Charles Vaper

Noe, thanks for your take. Yes, I realise I'm unable to make NET's, just happen to like a few of the milder Black Note. I recently discovered Juice factory and get my Capella flavourings there, so will try the super concentrates first. Also going back to TA and M type albeit that you're correct, it is difficult to mix without having to make a blended tobacco. I may have to look at buying overseas, just like to support local whenever possible and most smokers I talk too don't want the hassle of having to import. I try to convince them that tobacco is only a short lived obsession; most don't understand that.

15. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Charles I'd just thought I'd mention a recent discovery of mine.

A while ago I bought a bottle of FW Fire Cured Tobacco and mixed it at 12% but found it a little strong and in your face if you know what I mean. However my opinion was it certainly had possibilities.
    I experimented with it a bit and mixed it with other tobaccos with interesting results.

I've come to the conclusion that adding 5% to a mix ( or a percentage thereof) adds for me personally a very decent tobacco type taste as least as I interpret it.

Another side note in regards to NETS is that I've read a large amount of complimentary comments about a manufacturer called Manabush over in the UK and may possibly be treating myself soon if I can.
    I believe they're running a discount at the moment and the general opinion seems to be because of the TPD so time will tell if they're shutting shop or just running out bigger bottles.
    It's prompted me to perhaps give them a go sooner that I would have otherwise.

Anyway just a couple of thoughts.

rupert and Charles Vaper like this.
  16. Charles Vaper

Thanks for the input Gasman. I use to buy a Flavor West Tobacco too, it was a wood tobacco but can't recall the actual name right now, but man was it ever good! A little on the milder side but excellent at around 1-2 %. I generally don't buy from OS but may just go ahead and grab some of these NET's. BlackNote have been my go-to previously, and I love them (With Nic) but it's time to branch out.

Always nice to get feedback from you, thanks.

Gasman and Pippi like this.