Domestic Flight

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by salamanda, Jun 14, 2015.

1. salamanda

salamanda Member

Hi all,
    I'm traveling from Sydney to Brisbane next week on an urgent trip. I normally prefer to go by car but its not to be, I have to go by plane (I'm using Virgin). Can anyone explain what the procedure for vape gear is. I'm hoping to be able to take 50w istick, 30w istick for when the 50w is charging, Kbox 2 batteries, 3 tanks and enough juice for a week.. could any off you frequent flyers help me out.
    Thanks

Right Choice Vapes likes this.
  2. Hoffer

Hoffer Member

I do the reverse flight three or four times a month and take one mod and spare batteries in hand luggage then juice in my main luggage . I notify security what it is as soon as they get to my tray. Never had any issues

Nunga and DogMan like this.
  3. Right Choice Vapes

Right Choice Vapes New Member

i have done bris Sydney a few times i dont have any hassles put the batteries in a battery case in your carry on and the istick as well

i do tend to if i have checked luggage to split some between carry on and checked luggage for just in case but do think the rules say it has to be in your carry on lugage

4. Big O

Big O Member

Go through the Qantas scan in. I fly Brisbane to perth for work with at least 3 mods in the backpack and have never been pulled up.... Oh except the time I travelled with my cool fire 2 lmao

Pufnstuf likes this.
  5. salamanda

salamanda Member

Do you have to do any fancy packaging for the isticks because they have Internal batteries. The sight said something about only 2 batteries in hand luggage?

6. Big O

Big O Member

Mods I just throw them in the back pack and put them on lock/off, batteries for mechs I put in a battery box to suit, but have been guilty of leaving them in... Won't fire without an atty on it, so its basically protected. I was worried at first, but now don't blink an eye. I think the most I have had was 8 or so batteries...

7. salamanda

salamanda Member

Looks like I'm over thinking this and nothing to be concerned about thanks everyone.
    Do the juices and Tanks need to be in your carry on or can they go with the luggage?

8. Big O

Big O Member

Tanks will leak during the flight, never had one not leak, must be the pressure or something. Juices and tanks I put in nicely sealed tuppaware containers in luggage, but have taken them in carry on. Most I have ever taken is like 1.3 litres, yes you read that right, in 30 and 10ml bottles.

EDIT: Repeating myself.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  9. DaveJ

DaveJ I Vape

Having just flown between Perth and Syd a month or so ago - my experience.

I took just iSticks. No mods with separate batteries. So I avoided the extra chargers and carry procedures for them. USB charging in the room via 240 volt wall charhing adaptors worked well.

Two iSticks had atties on 'em and I carried them with me in my pockets. The third iStick was turned off, without atty, in my cabin bag.

For airport security I simply put the two assembled iStick & atties into that plastic tray with belt buckle and stuff for the x-ray scanner. They and my cabin bag all cleared checks without issue. Both ends, both ways.

I had two filled atties with me. One each of an AGA-T5 and Kayfun clone (V3.1). I ensured both were "upright" within my pants pocket (big "cargo" pockets - guess you could do similar with the pocket in the seat) whilst on the plane and was amazed I had no leaks. None. Ready to go soon as I got off at the other end.

Aussie likes this.
  10. Big O

Big O Member

You took em out of your carry on for scanning? Did they make you do it? My next leg from Perth to work we go through quarantine and inspection (It's a class A nature reserve where I work) and never been told to remove a battery ever. Hmmm, maybe because i just have my atties layed down they leak.....

Have been questioned about the eliquid, but never about the mod/battery etc.... Except for that cool fire 2..... Shaped like a hand grenade, what was I thinking lol.

11. DaveJ

DaveJ I Vape

Na - I had 'em in my pants pockets with me. Well, two full working sets (iStick & atty). It was those I put thro the scanner - out of my pocket into the scanner tray - just like I would have with my zippo lighter when I smoked.

The third iStick (without atty) remained in my cabin bag for the scan.

NO ONE said anything, objected or in anyway paid any attention to any of my stuff thro the airport security.

12. Big O

Big O Member

Yeah they are like zombies. Only interested in you if you beep.

13. DaveJ

DaveJ I Vape

Yeah, it was just like that. BUT I do like it when those security peoples ignore me. :)

14. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I carried six 18650s in battery cases in my hand luggage and had an Istick and atty in my handbag (turned off). No one said anything to me. I have heard of people saying they close the airflow on their atties and carry them less than full.

15. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

As I understand it all batteries are suppost to go in your hand luggage. I recently went to the USA and was a more concerned about the return flight due to our laws. Therefore I just brought 2 egos and 2 Clearos in case they decided to confiscate anything on my return. Juice and Clearos in the checked in luggage and egos in the hand luggage. I had no problems at all and obviously took the opportunity to buy some US juice whilst there! Did not try and vape on the plane or in the airports which was a challenge but did not want the hassle or any trouble it might cause.

16. salamanda

salamanda Member

Thanks to all I'm way more confident now. All your suggestions have helped..

Judith likes this.
  17. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Never had a problem with carrying vape gear in carry on luggage, mods atties or juice.
    Just DO NOT put batteries into your checked luggage & it'll be fine.

18. Aussie

Aussie Senior Member

Relax they see these things everyday. Don't try to hide anything, just be happy to show what you have. If your spare batteries are in batterie cases and in your carry on you'll be fine. If your concerned about tanks leaking wrap electrical tape around the air holes and try to keep them upright. I place mine in the small side pockets of my carry on bag.

19. wedgtail

wedgtail Member

i have made a a small carry box for my tanks out of a yoga matt 10mm high density foam keeps my spare tanks upwright in my back back side pockets .

Aussie likes this.
  20. DaveJ

DaveJ I Vape

Oh - a couple of tips for those juice bottles and bits and pieces you can pack in the suit case in the hold.

Zip lock plastic bags - are great. Coupla juice bottles in and zip 'em up. If the bottles weep a little, no problem.
    Have a lookie in the kitchen tupaware draw. I found a couple of containers to hold juice bottles and other bits and pieces. Made packing the bag easier.

Nunga and Aussie like this.