1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

Eleaf iCare Awesome New Starter Kit

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Jennifer, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I bought a couple to to see if they are suitable for beginners. I thought I had a dud one when it gurgled and spat and was generally useless but it turned out it was the coil. I am not sure about them and I'm probably more likely to recommend an Ego AIO. Their size factor is a major plus for smokers though and the automatic firing is more familiar for smokers. The liquid seems to last forever and they hold their charge well.

Noe and Pippi like this.
  2. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Sorry luv, I only posted it on Friday - had a pretty awful lurgy and just hadn't been up to doing it. Its unlike me as I am usually right on to things but I really was Crappola :(

iamTezr and Noe like this.
  3. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

All good, I was just worried that it may have gone missing, I wasn't in any hurry to get it :)

Pippi likes this.
  4. Noe

I haven't had mine spit juice but it does get juicy around the mouth piece & after a few more puffs juice can get on my lips/in my mouth.
    I agree the Joye AIO is better suited to a newby, I think the Aspire Pockex may be even better than the Joye version but I am still yet to try one from Aspire.
    Size is one thing, gurgling & juice in the mouth is another, never had that problem when using the AIO & I think if a newby got juice in the mouth using a Icare, it would possibly turn them off vaping & have them back on the cancer sticks.

Pippi and Judith like this.
  5. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I have had spitting with the AIO and it is very hot with the 0.6 ohm coil. I want to buy some 1.00 ohm coils which would probably suit a beginner more. I bought some 1.5 ohm claptons to go with the AIO but they are no good with the ICare IMO (edit, I did mean AIO not ICare).

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  6. Noe

That is something I don't think you would get with the Aspire Pockex, because it has a proper airflow through the coil, rather than juice that just "boils" in the coil, much the same with the Icare. Top air flow design that doesn't flow through the coil is going to be susceptable to that kind of spitting IMO.

Pippi likes this.
  7. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

I have a tower drip tip on my Aio and it is better - also the clear drip tip that comes with it, is a little longer and seems to work better than the black drip tip :)

8. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Yes, I use the longer drip tip. It's a lot better than the starter kit I had at the beginning.

Pippi likes this.
  9. Jerry Hatrick

Jerry Hatrick Senior Member

Reply to Noe...

It sounds like SHMBO is pulling on a billy when she uses them :sillygrin::sillygrin::sillygrin:
    Bit of gurgling but no complaints so far and all going well. (just the normal ones not minis)
    She seems to be enjoying them.
    Touch wood.

Noe and Judith like this.
  10. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

My postman (who was supposed to give me notice) turned up this morning when I was still in bed. He has decided to try vaping and I could only find one of the AIO's to lend him so had to lend him an ICare as well. Pity I didn't have more time to explain things because he was in the middle of his round. Interesting that he liked unflavoured liquid. If he likes vaping I can help him buy a couple to start him off. At least he won't get carded.

Noe, RC. and DogMan like this.
  11. RC.

RC. Senior Member

That is a great story Judith!:thumbup:

But........

My Postman says he gets carded all the time and has to use his Dads address as he delivers there himself.

He said that there are a lot of lazy bastards that work as Posties.

Noe and Judith like this.
  12. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Ps, Noe - somehow I lost the packet of coils I bought for the icare - so they arent in the parcel, I ordered you some more from a supplier and they should arrive at your Addy around the same time as the icare.
    If the lost coils show up - I will post on to whoever decides to stick with the icare.

Noe and iamTezr like this.
  13. Noe

:confused::faint::eek:

You didn't have to order more coils... :geek:

DogMan likes this.
  14. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

They are the cheapest coils on the planet - all good :)

Gasman, Noe and Judith like this.
  15. Noe

I just realised, you know a Panda is really shocked, when their eyes are wide enough to cover their ears!

:rofl:

Hmm I haven't tried to price any but they would have to be cheap to be cheaper than the Vaporesso EUC coils.

Pippi likes this.
  16. Jaz

Jaz Member

The Eleaf Icare would be a great stealth set up for hospital. I'm a nurse and saw a patient with one of them I'd just think it was a new brand of ventolin or predisnolone. I'm a psychiatric nurse and the poor patients get their ciggies taken off them and get a Nicolette inhalor on admission. You can imagine how that goes down. I so wish we were open to vaping in the health care system. It not only benefits physical health but mental health. Many psychiatrists I work with are pro vaping especially the UK trained ones.

DogMan, Noe, RC. and 2 others like this.
  17. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

It is an incredibly cruel thing to do to them for "their own good". You wouldn't find another psych nurse around here with picture of an ICare sitting on the medication trolley. No way. :p

DogMan, Noe, RC. and 2 others like this.
  18. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

:winky:

DogMan likes this.
  19. Jaz

Jaz Member

Go Judith, I've been thinking of doing the same thing. It's so frigging cruel for them in their worst time to be expected to not smoke. Yay for another nurse ratchet lol

Gasman, Pippi, DogMan and 1 other person like this.
  20. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

LOL not me but there is a nest (or should it be home) of naughty nurses around here. Unfortunately there would be a lot of grief if they were found out helping patients to vape. When did our society lose compassion and common sense?

iamTezr, Aqualung, Gasman and 2 others like this.