1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

Eleaf iCare Awesome New Starter Kit

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Jennifer, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Those nicorette inhalers are crap, I tried them once to quit smoking, irritated my throat like nothing else. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to inhale a dry powder but someone should have taken them out back & beaten them over the head with a mallet.

margyb, Jaz, Judith and 4 others like this.
  2. Jaz

Jaz Member

Yes I have already been in trouble...community nursing...for driving a patient who smoked a 100 ciggies a day to a vape store. I knew it was wrong. She was desperate to stop as she was on disability pension and it all went to smokes. Luckily for me her daughter said she was 100% on board with it etc etc.

Noe, Pippi, Judith and 2 others like this.
  3. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I tried those a few years ago and was banned from using them from management outside of home.

She reckons they resembled me sucking on a Tampax.
    And I agree they were absolutely crap anyway.

Noe, Pippi and Judith like this.
  4. RC.

RC. Senior Member

Years ago I was looking them up on the internet (inhalers) and came across E cigs and wondered what they were.

Needless to say that the rest is history:vape:

Noe, Pippi, Judith and 1 other person like this.
  5. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

My Mum was a community nurse.
    She used to work a double shift on a Wednesday and I had to go with her and wait in the car as I was too young to leave at home on my own after school.

I'd often see her come out of a house with tears in her eyes.

Personally I have the ultimate respect for all nurses and I'm not crawling here I'm being completely honest.

Pippi, Jaz, RC. and 2 others like this.
  6. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I'm not too keen on genuine Nurse Ratchets and there are a few of those unfortunately but mostly they are hard working people unappreciated by our wonderful governments.

RC. and Aqualung like this.
  7. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

Snap. Was just pecking out much the same remark. Wanted to include police and teachers too. 99% of them are the bees knees, but the 1% who are absolutely not, do so much damage.

Pippi, Judith and RC. like this.
  8. Jaz

Jaz Member

They so do look like tampons lol

9. Jaz

Jaz Member

Yes I said that in jest....something us old psych nurses call each other as well as calling the male nurses "sister". I find psych nurses to be mostly good sorts and least non judgemental people going. We've seen and heard pretty much everything and are all probably abit loopy anyway

Noe and Judith like this.
  10. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I did a couple of years psych nursing at the end of the sixties. We all used to say that the only difference between the patients and us was that we had the keys. Some pretty odd things went on and I'm talking about the staff. :sillygrin:

11. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Well it breaks my heart to say it but I was wrong. The postie likes the ICare rather than the AIO. Part of the reason might be that I accidentally left some 36mg liquid in the ICare and may have accidentally left some 18mg liquid in the AIO. He just wants to dual use for now and cut back but who knows what will happen in the future. Onwards and upwards.

Gasman, DogMan, RC. and 1 other person like this.
  12. Jaz

Jaz Member

he'll get there eventually I'm sure

Gasman and Judith like this.
  13. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Well thanks to @Pippi, I now have both the Icare & the Icare Mini to test.
    Anyone that has been following this thread would know that the Mini arrived first & I was having issues with it gurgling & spitting.
    Again thanks to Pippi, the Icare arrived with a spare pack of coils hidden in the box, which she couldn't find "anywhere", so she ordered another pack to send to me via FT :facepalm:
    Anyhow, I put a new coil into the mini & that seems to have solved the gurgling & spitting issues.
    However this is still an issue, if some coils are going to spit & gurgle, it could turn newbies off of vaping, especially if it's the coil that came installed in the device like it was with the Mini I recieved.

So I have been testing the Icare a little & today, I tried a bit of chain vaping, nothing drastic just 4 good strong puffs in a row, on the 4th puff the vape started to taste like the cotton had burnt a little.
    Further puffs have confirmed this, so there's another dead coil.
    Newbies are likely to also experience this, especially if they are using low strength nicotine in this device, which really needs double strength nicotine to what most other devices use.
    Again, this is going to put some newbies off.

Aside from the gurgling/spitting coils & the chance of burning the wicks when chain vaping, I do quite like the idea behind the Icares, theyre small & stealthy but I don't think they are a newby device at all.
    Their biggest potential is for experienced vapers, that want something small & stealthy, that they can just have a few quick puffs on & slip it back into a pocket etc., without having to use a larger & probably better device at delivering the type of vape they enjoy.
    These Icares will not deliver excellent flavor, they will not deliver huge clouds, what they will do is help you satisfy a nicotine craving, if you double up on the nicotine strength of your ejuice. If you don't double the strength, you are going to want to be puffing on the Icares quite a lot, risking burning your wicks & running the battery life out in short time.

So since I had a dead coil to play with, I thought I would take it apart & try a rebuild, I will post more pics of the rebuild later but I tried to install a clapton coil, to try to get more flavor out of the device. Unfortunately, the coil I installed had too low of a resistance & the Icare kept flashing at me when I tried to puff on it, which is good because this proves it has low ohm/short circuit protection.
    The coil I put in I measured at between 0.8 - 0.9 ohms on my 510Tab, using the clamps on the coil to measure isn't the most accurate way to get a reading on the 510Tab but it was good enough to let me know there was not short circuit & an approximate ohm range.
    The build wasn't too difficult but it took time because everything was fiddly, had I tried using thinner wire, I am sure the ohms would have been higher & the Icare would now be using a rebuilt coil.

Here is what the insides of the Icare coils look like, the wick is 1 long piece of compressed cotton sheet & 1 short piece wrapped around the coil inner. (click to see full size):
    [​IMG]

Gabby, Pippi and margyb like this.
  14. RC.

RC. Senior Member

Did you prime the coil and then wait a bit while it soaked the wick thoroughly after filling?:rofl:

Just playing Noe.

Mine are all still going well and I ended up buying spare coils from FT as recoiling was not worth it,
    even though they are easy enough to do except for getting the ohms right.

Pippi likes this.
  15. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

Odd as it may seem, if you were in Canada and someone challenged you about 'smoking that thing' somewhere they thought you shouldn't, claiming it was cannabis based would actually be a legal excuse! AFAIR Canada not only legalised medical cannabis, but explicitly exempted herbal vapourisers from the smoke free laws.

What a funny world we live in. :rofl:

Judith, margyb and Pippi like this.
  16. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

The next trial for the icare would be to gift it & some juice to a smoker wishing to stop smoking via vaping. ( a friend would be best for this exercise)
    Give no help, just the instructions in the box and see how they go.

Noe and Judith like this.
  17. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Lol, its sure is a mad world.

margyb likes this.
  18. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Noe has probably run out of smokers to convert. That'll teach him to switch everyone to vaping.

Nico and Laughter, Noe and Pippi like this.