1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

EVIC VTC Mini?

Discussion in 'Electronic' started by DogMan, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

QC should have picked that up you'd think.
    I'd be tempted to return it for replacement if the problem was bad.

emu likes this.
  2. Stomp

Stomp Pirate

[​IMG][/IMG] My evic came with a dodgy fire button. Needs to be double pressed most times to fire. Did mean to send it back but someone got hold of it at new years and opened half a dozen beers with it. Has a saw tooth profile on the bottom of it now..bummer....YEOW thats a bit big

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    Judith, margyb and emu like this.
  3. emu

emu Banned

I thought about it the day it arrived but I didn't want to rock the jh boat, I want one of those rx triple battery mods next.

4. Noe

The RX200 doesn't really interest me, I get a good 3 - 4 days vaping out of my Ijoy Asolo with dual batts (or really any dual batt mod I have), before needing to recharge, I want a smaller dual batt mod not a larger mod like the RX.
    It does look like a good mod though, just huge though.

emu likes this.
  5. Noe

I'd be tempted to open the twit's head with the Evic after they did that to it...

Browny, Judith, Stomp and 3 others like this.
  6. Andrew Parker

Andrew Parker Senior Member

Gee, I'm getting a bit concerned now. After so many great reviews I decided to go with this instead of the new Cuboid and it is in my next vape mail. Didn't really feel like buying a couple of new batteries so they were paired for the Cuboid as I have adequate singles and it was just going to add to the cost of a new mod. So now I'm going to be minutely looking for a wobble and examining the finish for any evidence of a 'tooth profile'.

I will be happy to be able to let you all know that mine doesn't have any of these issues next week. Such is the power of positive thinking!

Aqualung, Stomp, emu and 1 other person like this.
  7. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

Mine doesnt have a wobble or a dodgy button.

emu likes this.
  8. Stomp

Stomp Pirate

Think mine just has a dodgy owner
    :sillygrin:

margyb and emu like this.
  9. DogMan

DogMan Butler

some have reported the attie lock in temp mode falters

emu likes this.
  10. Noe

I'm not a fan of the looks on the Cuboi, IMO it looks cheaper than the Evic VTC mini. It may be a great mod, I only looked at the photos of it & read the specs, the specs look good, the mod itself looks cheap.
    The minor issues with the Evic Mini are symptomatic of mass production I think, the mod feels solid & works very well & it's Joytech, so the warranty will be honored if there is a real issue with yours :)

The Vaper and DogMan like this.
  11. Andrew Parker

Received yesterday and not a wobble or a 'tooth profile' in sight. Then again, I haven't opened a bottle of beer with it yet either.

I am however, not too sure about the shiny finish. This one is red and I certainly wasn't expecting it to be such a bright colour or have such a metallic look. It's metallic as in metal, a bit like the old metal toys if you're old enough to remember them, rather than the car type metallic paint. Not sure I like the appearance actually. On second thoughts, yes I am, and I don't. I didn't get this impression at all from the piccies on the reviews or the vendor's web site.

On the bright side (!) it is a good size for the hand, the screen is great and it is working really well. I'll forgive the finish if it continues to do so but a bit of a disappointment nevertheless. It's another occasion when I regret not being able to visit a B&M!

Browny, margyb, emu and 1 other person like this.
  12. Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas Senior Member

You could always get a cover for it or cover it in contact (that sticky patterned stuff kids put over their school books) or stickers.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

13. Andrew Parker

Thanks Steve, think I'll pass on the contact adhesive approach but you're right, I've just remembered that you can get silicone covers for them. Actually I think I recall someone on this forum with quite a lot of them, all in different colours, at least one for every day and a couple spare! Just one will do me.

Hope you can get them from someone in Aus. I'm a bit jaded about fasttech at the mo.

14. Browny

Browny Senior Member

Grabbed myself a grey mini from Wick&Wire last Saturday after one too many drops cracked the screen on my last daily driver.
    It started with a minute wiggle at the 510 but seems to be 'worn in' now as it has been a solid connection the last few days.
    The only issue is sometimes it can take more than 5 clicks to turn off, but that may well be me pressing too fast/not fast enough.

For $65 (from a B&M) I'm happy as a pig in the proverbial.

15. Andrew Parker

Well, I'm not wallowing like a pig, but I have got used to the shiny red thing and it's not too bad now we've got acquainted. I've got it paired up with a Cubis which is a very simple tank to deal with and I'm pleasantly pleased with the coils. I've been making my own coils for so long that I'd forgotten how nice it is to simply whip one out and slip another in which was a primary consideration for me. I still think I should have got the Kanger subtank though.

Has anyone else tried the Cubis yet and how is it going?

Nico and Laughter likes this.
  16. Noe

I got a YouDe Balrog from HeavensGifts, which I need to review properly but AMAZINGLY it is shorter & not as wide as the Evic VTC Mini.
    It feels better in the hand too due to its curved battery cover side, which has a molded finger rest for your forefinger. The screen isn't as large but it has all the info you need displayed on it just like the Evic but I think the fire button is much better too, all in all it seems to be even better quality than the Evic. The Balrog has no wobble at all on the 510 & has a condensation catcher that screws on around the 510, to catch moisture or minor liquid seepage/spills, quite an innovative feature I think & could potentially save the electronics from moisture damage.
    So I'll be scrutinising them side by side to see how they compare & also looking at price but at a quick look in HeavensGifts, the Evic & Balrog Kits seem to be about the same price, so I'm leaning towards the Balrog as being the better buy, although both are great choices.

Browny, emu and Steve Thomas like this.
  17. Noe

I Just took a quick photo to show the VTC mini & the Balrog side by side, they are both pushed up against the box & the width is just a little more on the Evic, as you can see but the hieght has more difference to it, they are pushed up tight against each other so, the angle isn't deceptive.
    In the Hand though , the Balrog feels not as wide, I think due to the rounded side, with fits nicer.

[​IMG]

Browny and emu like this.
  18. Steve Thomas

Cant see it. All i get is the little circle loading thingy

19. Steve Thomas

Can you post all angles of the balrog please noe???

emu likes this.
  20. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

I really like curvy mods, they are much easier to hold. Prolly the only reason I've stuck with my scratched up old kbox for so long. What colours do they come in?

Browny and emu like this.