Expanding Rebuildable Tanks

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by Gasman, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

For a little while now I've noticed that manufacturers are producing Rebuildable tanks bigger than 22mm as the norm.
    I understand that it enables vapers to build bigger coils, more juice capacity and use these wires that involve incredible descriptions but personally I'm happy with 22mm as they fit on my mods comfortably.

Seeing as most (if not all ) of the current releases are topfill I'm even happy with the likes of the Serpent mini as it offers pocket friendly daily use and magnificent flavour.
    I'll admit it's actually done me a favour because as soon as I see 24mm or whatever I immediately don't bother looking into it any further.

Each to their own and again manufacturers are never going to please everybody but I was just wondering what others thought?

Flea, Noe and DogMan like this.
  2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Larger RBAs have the advantage that the deck can be bigger, which can make rebuilding easier, even if you aren't using exotic coils & are just using a standard type of coil. It also allows for more wraps on your standard coils, for higher ohm vaping, if that is what you want.
    Another advantage in making the diameter wider, is the fact that it reduces the height, while still having good juice capacity in your tank, a 22mm tank would need to be taller to have the same juice capacity as a 25mm tank, of the same design.

I quite like 25mm tanks, most box mods are made to be 25mm wide, a 22mm atty looks fine on them but a 25mm atty looks equally fine in most cases & since the height of the kit is ultimately what determines how stable the kit is, if you can increase juice capacity by using a larger diameter atty to reduce the height, then it's a win IMO.
    Yes there are low profile 22mm atties but the build deck on those is usually harder to work on & many rebuilders have problems like arthritis, so anything that makes it easier to rebuild on is going to benefit them. Also a short, squat 22mm atty often looks out of place sitting atop a mod with 2 or more 18650's inside IMO.

I think there is a need for both sizes of atties 22mm & 25mm, 30mm atties are found more infrequently but I think they sometimes look better on some larger mods than a 22mm or even a 25mm atty would but a 30mm atty sitting on a 25mm wide mod is never going to look right.

MetalOz likes this.
  3. emu

emu Banned

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  4. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Yep I can see your points and again think each to their own.

Noe and DogMan like this.
  5. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

Its all a matter of finding what works for the individual or in some cases what you feel like at the time i gess.
    I have to say This is what i love about vaping there is souch a wide variety of gear that if you cant find a set up that works well for you look a bit harder and you will do, some ones made it at some poit

With me i have a variety of tanks ranging from 19 up to 26 and all ways have 3-4 wicked and ready to go and will swap around during the day
    with my little ones there fiddly to wick and coil and find there really only good with mico coils in them, there good for when i need a litte set up when im busy and on the go
    But when im needing a bit more i like my big ones as i can easily put a nice big clapton in there when i need it and there a bit easier to set up as you have more room on the deck and its good when im relaxing and i dont have to get up to fill my tank up so often

Noe and DogMan like this.