Flavorah's New Flavours

Discussion in 'DIY Flavours, Mixing, Recipes' started by Charles Vaper, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

Well, that's a nice introductory order to Flavorah (FLV). I have all but the Peach. If you decide to place a second order at some point, I highly recommend you try the Cured Tobacco, it is without a doubt in the top ten of best tobaccos out there. Great as a base for a ciggie vape (along with FA's Cuban Supreme or FLV Red Burley) as an example.

I was testing a few others from this batch last night and some are exceptional. So, I've decided to do some flavour notes/thoughts on all of the 27 flavours and will update this thread.

Thank you for your kind words, Gasman. I do hope we get a chance to meet sometime and enjoy a nice vape together.

MetalOz and Gasman like this.
  2. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I'd like that Charles and perhaps enjoy a couple of light refreshments as well.

Charles Vaper likes this.
  3. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

http://flvfan.com/author/flavorah-fan-girl/page/7/

Hope I'm allowed to do this and please remove Pippi if not but after Charles gave his opinions on Flavorah it spiked my curiosity.
    Therefore I've been Google stalking on different flavours and came across this site which has in my opinion some useful information.

Going by the lady's enthusiasm I'm not sure if she's truly just a Flavorah only person or receiving 'encouragement ' from the manufacturers themselves but I suppose it's up to individuals to make their own decisions on that.

Just thought others might find it an interesting read.

Noe likes this.
  4. Charles Vaper

I'm familiar with this Gasman and I believe that the reviewer is in fact not associated with Flavorah at all. There are now a number of well known and respected mixers speaking very highly of this product.

Gasman likes this.
  5. Charles Vaper

BTW, thanks for posting that Gasman!

Gasman likes this.
  6. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I agree with Charles, the "enthusiasm" displayed on that site though excessive, doesn't appear to be manufacturer motivated.
    I read a few "descriptions" & they are somewhat helpful for novice DiYers, however I found they do not really convey enough description about the flavor itself, it's more about the recipe the flavor is being used in.

As I have said before in this thread some FLV concentrates are very good but like other concentrate brands I find some are not the best too.
    It's good to have another option for mixing but it sometimes can be very expensive to test all the similar flavors from different brands. However to get the best results that is exactly what is needed, as one brand usually shines over all others on a particular flavor.
    FLV concentrates are not cheap in general, so that is also something to consider, testing cheaper brands first can save you some $ because many of the cheaper concentrates are very good too.

Gasman and Charles Vaper like this.
  7. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

To be honest I thought you might be.

I've just read my post and it might appear I was casting aspersions in regards to the lady which I truly wasn't.

I apologise to her now if she ever reads this.

Probably never will but you never know,I don't want to be sued!

8. Charles Vaper

For what it's worth, I for one didn't take it that way, Gasman. And there's not much chance of you being sued either. Your hard earned money and your mods are safe imo :)

Gasman likes this.
  9. Noe

Bugger that, I'm sueing Gasman for leading me astray, that's 15mins of reading time I won't get back, filled with hype & not what I was hoping for...

Gasman and Charles Vaper like this.
  10. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

I have used Flavorah Kentucky Blend in a recipe and I have found it excellent. I have 30 mls steeping of it neat, should be ready in about four days. As to tobacco lovers which I am not all that much, IMHO you cannot go past Mollinberry RY4 which Juice Factory and Feinixvapours has. I find it as close to the original and simply delicious , it's the only tobacco flavour that I will vape.

11. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Finally made an order with Juice Factory but think I waited too long as they seemed to be out of stock of quite a few but I managed to get a few Flavorahs.

[​IMG]

I opted for JF own peach and had Flavorahs Raisin Rum on my wish list but buggerty buggerty poop poop all sold out when I ordered so I'm hoping TFA Raisin isn't reminiscent of Aliens poop.

I had a doubler from Sydney Vapour ages ago being rum & raisin which I mixed and had a fair amount steeping for an eternity. My original notes on it weren't full of praise so I kept ignoring it until I decided to basically use it or lose it.

Perhaps months of steeping helped it because it was absolutely delicious second time around as such.

Anyway, I was thinking Charles that I'll mix some of the Flavorah tobaccos and post my opinion.

Juice Factory truly do have some choice.

Noe and Charles Vaper like this.
  12. Charles Vaper

That's a nice order there, Gasman. Mixing the Native with 0.5% of Kentucky and a drop or two of Bourbon in 30 ml can deliver nice results but percentages, as you know, are always a personal choice. I wish they had more of the Red Burley in stock, love that stuff!

I like Molinberry Custard but after working with it a bit longer, I'm back to Flavorah's. It's not overpowered with custard notes (AKA Diketones in some cases) like Capella's but far more authentic.

I also have the TFA Raisin but I find it works best far back in a mix, low percentages. Good as an accent but not a worthy stand-alone or primary flavour note.

Enjoy the flavours and hope they produce some yummy mixes :)

Gasman and Noe like this.
  13. Noe

AKA will taste like arse on its own!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Juice Factory doesn't seem to have any in stock but the Rum & Raisin Super concentrate is a good one as a stand alone.

14. Charles Vaper

On my wish list. :D

Noe likes this.
  15. Noe

Hmm I think that maybe if I recommended using toilet water to flavor your juice, Charles would be putting it on his wish list too LOL

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

16. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Funny you should say that.

Some of my creativity could have originated from a toilet bowl.

17. Charles Vaper

Yeah, adds a nice spice to your bacco vapes.
    Did I just say that? I'm a flavour junkie but thankfully have sufficient stock to keep me from delving into the weird and unknown.

Noe likes this.
  18. Noe

We expect that from plumbers :p

Gasman likes this.
  19. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

You've heard of bathtub mixers ... Now you know a toilet bowl mixer.

Noe likes this.
  20. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

This morning I've mixed amongst others my Flavorahs that I recently ordered from The Juice Factory.

1/ Native Tobacco
    2/ Kentucky Blend
    3/ Bourbon

All mixed at 2.5% flavour and 50VG/50PG.

They certainly have a rather pungent aroma especially the bourbon.
    In the steep draw until the Christmas break as we speak.