For the successful cigarette quiters!

Discussion in 'Ask the Veterans' started by Teamsherman, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Teamsherman

Teamsherman New Member

Hi guys,

I’m wanting advice on how much nicotine I should be vaping so I can successfully transfer on to my vaping setup.

Currently I smoke between 15-20 cigarettes of 8-12mg a day.

I want to be able to still get the same amount of nicotine the first few weeks of vaping with the plan of slowly reducing down till I’m not vaping and nicotine at all.

I have an iTaste MVP 3.0 Pro box with various tanks.

So yeah, if you have done it successfully I’d love to hear your story.

Cheers,

Alan.

2. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

It depends on the person (the tank, the coil resistance, the power level, the airflow..). Having said that, I'd recommend starting fairly high, to make sure you can get good nicotine levels within a few puffs. The important thing in the early stages of switching from smoking to vaping is to make sure vaping is satisfying enough to make it a quick transition to only vaping.

I started with 33 mg/mL nic. in a very simple clearomizer tank not expected to give great effect, though I smoked a pack a day of 16 mg cigs. But the iTaste MVP 3.0 Pro is significantly more able to produce vapour than my first set-up was, so I would not recommend that level in it to start out. What I would aim for is somewhere between 12 & 20 mg/mL.

Are you mixing your own juice? Importing it premixed with nicotine? If the former, it is very easy (and quick & cheap) to experiment with different levels of nicotine.

3. Teamsherman

Teamsherman New Member

I’m about to order some nicotine (100mg/100mls) and mix it with my current liquids with the help of my local vape shop. I have some pre-mixed already at 18mg and I’m using that here and there. I need to do a test day with it where I use only that to see if it satisfies my nicotine cravings and then go from there.

The Vaper likes this.
  4. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Hi Alan, my thread here http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/t...ength-plus-technique-for-reduced-coughing.41/ may be old but still holds true.
    Finding a juice with a nic strength that suits you is important, when you find your preferred nic strength then you can work out the amount needed to replace your old smoking habit.

Also, while there are many types of tanks & various types of coils with different needs for power to run them, I have found that juice consumption usually is still the same with the same strength nic.
    So while you may MTL vape at lower wattages or DL vape at higher wattages, the amount of liquid you consume will remain the same at the same nic strength.
    When you change the nic strength you'll vape more or less liquid, depending on whether you increased or decreased nic strength.

For that reason I have stuck to using 24mg/ml in all my devices (except on underpowered pod systems where I increase the nic strength by double) and on average consume the same amount of mls of juice regardless of ohm rating of the coil or power used to drive the coil.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018