1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

from a Halo Triton II to a iJust S

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Grumpycat, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Grumpycat

Grumpycat New Member

Been using a Triton II as title says, long time smoker use liquids with 12mg nic 70/30, not really sucking it into my lungs more mouth to lung as in a cigarette.
    Tried the iJust S today, on advice dropped to 6mg of nicotine and using the 0.3ohm coil that came with it (also has 0.5ohm and a 0.18 ohm in kit. Anyway trying to suck it in mouth to lung (as supplier advised) seems to burn or irritate throat cant get a good dose so to speak.

What difference will using the 0.5ohm coil make,

or is it just a mattter of getting used to it !
    Whats your advice,

thanks in advance

Steve

2. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

I haven't used the iJust s, but a quick look suggests that the big airflow with that low resistance coil, is probably better suited to direct lung use.
    Just reducing the airflow for mouth to lung use, will make it harsh. That coil really needs the big airflow.
    I reckon.
    There is a 1.8 ohm coil available. Using that with very restricted airflow, may make a useful mouth to lung device

edit. Just noted the 0.5 ohm question. It would be better, but would still need fairly big airflow.

Noe likes this.
  3. Grumpycat

Grumpycat New Member

ok understood, i have just given it another go whilst not quite as harsh it is still there. I can see the need to inhale quite heavily hopefully its a matter of learning a new trait and getting used to it
    I will try the 0.5ohm coil for a while even if it tames it a little i could be beneficial to me

thanks

Aqualung likes this.
  4. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Use the 0.5 ohm coil, it won't cause you to vape more.
    You'll be able to restrict the air flow a little & not get such a harsh hit.

Aqualung and Grumpycat like this.