Geekvape Avocado RTA

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by Stomp, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Stomp

Stomp Pirate

I dont get why its spitting at you ? Ive pretty well used this exclusively since it came out and never once has it spit out the airhole. Thats really odd. I have had it weep a little out of tbe airhole but never spit back. What are you doing that you think is causing this ?

rupert likes this.
  2. KayP

KayP Senior Member

When I placed the coil directly in line with the AF slot, I did get spitback on my chest. Then I took the advice from this thread and shifted my coil slightly higher (only the bottom of the coil is still visible through the AF hole) and it solved my issue.

I have an Aromamizer V1 and Supreme, which also utilises side AF to your coils, and I do get spitbacks with these too.

Edit: Oh and spaced coils spits out a tad more I think.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Clapton coils?

4. KayP

KayP Senior Member

That'll spit even more.

Edit: And yes.

rupert likes this.
  5. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

6. Stomp

Stomp Pirate

I use claptons on occasion an no spit back. I prefer just plain old kanthal at .5 to 1.0 ohm. Anyway, i was just curious.

7. KayP

KayP Senior Member

When I began, I predominantly used claptons and I've loved it ever since; however, I now use regular kanthal as well and they're good too. My impression is clapton requires more power and vaporises more liquid, hence you go through juice a tad quicker.

Going back to spitback through side AF holes: I have noticed less/next to very little spitback on my Aroma V1 when I use round wires, as opposed to when I use claptons.

8. Stomp

Stomp Pirate

Im personally not a fan of claptons as youve stated they need a bit of boogie up their bum to get them up to temp quick an on a single 18650 its not the way to get good batt life. I wanted the 24 mm one but as Ive only just got a Pico it wont fit. Dam. Might grab a silver Tesla Nano 60w this week. They look quite nice and long batt life

Gasman likes this.
  9. KayP

KayP Senior Member

I recently received a Tesla Nano 60w and 100w and I've fallen in love them. Is it just me or does lipo batteries have less voltage drop as the battery's charge drops?

Edit: I'm not entirely sure as this is my first time with lipo mods.

Sorry for going off-topic.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  10. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Bit late to the discussion but I think my answer would be the same as those above have answered.
    I blame the Clapton coil but I haven't built it with anything else yet so I can't point the finger with any conviction.
    I will try kanthal as a comparison but in my opinion it's no big problem because of the flavour I get.

KayP and Stomp like this.
  11. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

And RDA's, the Tsunami is an amazing dripper.

12. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Apparently they are good at dredging up old threads & posting random comments too...

KayP and rupert like this.
  13. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

You noticed that too.

Noe likes this.
  14. Noe

Pandas have accute forum sense ;)

rupert likes this.
  15. Posterboy

Posterboy Senior Member

Loved the 22.
    Having an affair with the 24. Dual coils.
    Ive devolved to plain 24g kanthal. Better response, less juice, easier to clean, longer time til that burnt taste.
    Never noticed burnt chin on 24.

rupert and KayP like this.
  16. Noe

Response (ramp up) time is something that needs to be taken into account, however I find that when using claptons, you don't have to ramp up the power to compensate for ramp up time, rather just fire the button earlier than normal when bringing your PV up to vape.
    That way I can run them at lower Watts than if I was firing the button when I brought the PV to my lips, which in turn means longer until that burnt taste issue crops up.
    I don't have any more difficulty cleaning clapton coils than I do regular coils, the process for me is exactly the same.
    Juice consumption, for me, hasn't increased since I began using clapton coils vs regular kanthal coils, perhaps I am taking fewer puffs on a clapton coil build than I would on a regular coil build but I am using 24mg/ml when subohming so I was always vaping less than people that vape 3mg/ml for instance. When I changed to subohm tanks, I didn't change my nic strength, instead I took fewer puffs than I used to when using higher ohms on MTL tanks, juice consumption remained the same but I was no longer chain vaping.

So you like the Avocado 24 more than the 22?

17. KayP

KayP Senior Member

I'm not Posterboy, but I prefer my Avo 22 over my 24. I still have my original builds in both tanks; single clapton in the 22 and dual twisted wire in the 24. It may be build dependant, but I get a much flavourful and warmer vape from the 22.

Noe likes this.
  18. Posterboy

Posterboy Senior Member

As Kay said, warmer and (just as flovourful) vape in 22. Its pretty amazing even on lowish watts and .7 ohms
    24 obviously more deck / cap space, perhaps that makes it more airy and compensates favour. Still experimenting with wattage and using on egrip2. I'm not used to 40 watts plus yet and thinking of reducing nic conc for that atty.
    Plus side though. 24 easier to fill I think. 22 you remove both rings and block and line it all up. 24 whole cap piece comes off as one piece. Easy to see coils thruogh air slots when lining it all up. Size means can sit down at 7pm and relax for several hours before top up.
    I agree with ramp up time for claptons etc. Gonna sound weird, from a practical sense I do alot of driving. Plain wire with quicker ramp up more practical and less chance of chippy toothy. Will retry claptons perhaps for home use only.

Noe, KayP and rupert like this.
  19. Noe

To be a fair comparison, if at all possible, you need to use the same build on both decks, with the same ohms.
    Otherwise you are introducing other variables, as you have alluded to.

When comparing a new atty to my current favorite, I always try to use the exact same build for the comparison, the exception to this is an atty that is single coil only, when I am currently using a dual coil only atty or the reverse.
    In those cases I try to at least keep the ohms the same, as this gives a good indication of atty performance with the same watts. In general, a dual coil atty will produce better flavor, if you get the coils built & glowing evenly, the trouble is in setting up the build so that the coils fire as close as possible at the same time & glow in unison.
    Single coil builds are much easier to get firing correctly & take less time to set up but you probably knew all of this already.

20. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Edited:
    Yep, I whole heartedly agree. To be fair, I should set a base/standard, a fixed constant.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    trumpy955 likes this.