1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

GeekVape Zeus RTA

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by Noe, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I actually find it quite amazing how many different reviewers build and wick different attys different ways.

Did I say different enough?

I also find that the slightest difference can lead to a completely different experience, good or bad.

I think I might be overusing different and should insert alternative but I'm hoping I've made my point.

Noe likes this.
  2. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

A very interesting tank @Noe, looking forward to your reviews. Although I am not a fan of single coil builds and love my VGOD Pro RDTA, which even excels the flavor and clouds of the OBS I am certainly interested in this one.

Noe likes this.
  3. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

A few things put me off getting the VGod Pro, mainly not having AFC as I like a more restricted draw than what it appears to offer.
    It does look like a good tank if you like a more open draw though.

The Zeus should be able to accommodate dual coils, it may be a tight fit to get them in but from what I've seen it looks possible, stacked one atop the other, with one pushed slightly left & one pushed slightly right I think would work at least.
    I like the simplicity of a single coil tank, it means less fiddling around getting both coils to fire in unison, so makes for a faster build & if the Zeus is as good a design as I think it will be, then it's going to rival dual coil tanks.

That's a different perspective mate, the difference in a build does give a different experience though.
    I have tried many different builds over the years & finding the right combination to suit a particular tank can mean having a few attempts but there are some things that work nearly universally, such as Fused Clapton coils for better flavor. These give a flavor boost over claptons, which give a boost over straight wire coils & Clapception coils eclipse them all if the deck is able to fit them in.

I plan to use a clapception in the Zeus, because to me it looks like it will easily fit in that deck & I will stretch the inner diameter of the coil too if possible.

Gasman likes this.
  4. Noe

My pre-order for the Black Zeus RTA was showing an ETA of 2 days time. So here's me thinking, "Hmm you know what would be good, having 2 so that I could compare one with side airflow blocked off to one as it comes."
    Thus of course, I caved & pre-ordered another... this time though I went for the Gunmetal color, so that I will be able to easily distinguish between them & because I kind of like both color ways.

Now though, the order is not showing a 2 day ETA, it's just showing "pre-order", so it may be delayed even further :(
    I'm sure I'll have them for before xmas, just not sure how soon before xmas :(

5. Noe

Well it's been over 3 weeks since the original ETA for the ZEUS & I'm still waiting for my pre-order to ship :(
    Delays weren't totally unexpected but I wish manufacturers/suppliers would give a more realistic time frame for new products!

I won't be cancelling my order, I still really want to get this RTA & test it out but I am glad I am not a new vaper that may have been waiting to get this new tank. I can see where they may have been relying on having this ship "on time" & possibly be in a worse situation than myself, I have plenty of good RTAs to keep me occupied.

6. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Probably too late now but I just noticed this over at Victory Vape.

[​IMG]

I'm guessing you're likely to already be aware but it's an option depending on your desperation.

Noe and MetalOz like this.
  7. Noe

Hmm about $10 more than I paid for mine including shipping, then I'd have to add shipping cost to their $44 price. Not bad for an Au vendor, they have to survive too & if someone wanted it quickly it might be worth paying the extra.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Gasman and Rayjay like this.
  8. Noe

Just got this in my Email:

[​IMG]
    Order Shipped

Shipped via Australia Express ePacket.
    *tracking results may not be displayed until 24 to 48 hours later

Noe
    Order #XXXXXXXXX - package 1
    Shipped 11/15/2017

1. 9054306 Authentic GeekVape Zeus RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer 4ml / stainless steel / 25mm diameter 1

This is for the Black one I ordered first, the Gunmetal one I added later is still waiting to be shipped, I think this is probably due to it's popularity & FT's "first in, first served" policy, I did kind of expect that might happen.
    So I'll be waiting for another shipping notice, until FT gets another shipment in from GeekVape & can ship the other one.
    Still, I'll have one to play with within a fortnight & probably a 2nd one a week later! :party::party::party:

Gasman likes this.
  9. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

One of my favourite Au Vendors. Never had an issue with these peeps. Love the ZipPay option. Can talk to them on Ph. Which is a big + imho if I have a problem.

Sent from Taptalk. Vape On & be happy. Live & Let Live Blessed Be!

MetalOz and Gasman like this.
  10. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I had the pleasure of meeting them in Daylesford (amongst others) and can honestly say they are genuinely nice people.
    They worked tirelessly that day (again amongst others) and would have sold some stock I know but they deserved every cent that they may have earned.

MetalOz and Rayjay like this.
  11. Noe

Just checked my account/unshipped orders.
    My GunMetal color ZEUS is marked as "Ready to Ship" :banana:, this means it will likely be marked as shipped by the end of the day :party:
    So I will only be waiting a few days after my Black ZEUS arrives until the GunMetal arrives, which is kind of perfect timing for experimenting with the airflow anyway :thumbup::cancan:

MetalOz likes this.
  12. Noe

As predicted :party:

[​IMG]
    Order Shipped

Shipped via Australia Express ePacket.
    *tracking results may not be displayed until 24 to 48 hours later

Noe
    Order #XXXXXXXXXX - package 2
    Shipped 11/17/2017

:w00t::party::clap::cancan::clap2::cancan::clap::party::w00t: