Getting a Doctors Prescription?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Megan, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Megan

Megan New Member

How can you get a doctors prescription. I spoke with my doctor today and it quickly became obvious that what sort of prescription can get written, because it's not as if you can go to the local chemist to pick up nicotine based vapors. What have other peoples experiences been?

2. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

We all just break the law. Just import it direct

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

3. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

What Dogman says.
    Nobody has much option.

Christina Ballerina likes this.
  4. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

Although, just to be clear, the law is only broken when you get it out of the letterbox?

Christina Ballerina and Gasman like this.
  5. Donna

Donna Senior Member

Megan, if it really concerns you, you could print this and take it to your Doctor

http://colinmendelsohn.com.au/files...r_patients._MedicineToday_2015_1610_26-32.pdf

But I agree with what the others said, why bother? I do know some peoples professions require them to be extra squeaky clean so it is worth bothering.

margyb and Judith like this.
  6. Megan

Megan New Member

:) I've already done that, but the idea you are meant to getting a prescription from a doctor seems to be rubbish.

7. Megan

Megan New Member

Ok thanks I'll read through the link to the document you sent me.

margyb likes this.
  8. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Problem is that's about a clear as mud and anybody with more than 2 brain cells would be scratching their head thinking "what the?"

Absolutely ludicrous!

Megan likes this.
  9. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

10. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

The trouble is finding a doctor that will give you a prescription. Some members here have tried & found that 12/12 doctors wouldn't write them one.
    My ownb personal view is that when I am required to get a prescription for cancer sticks or smoking tobacco, which are far worse for me, then maybe the same should be applied to ejuice but even patches, gum & Quickmist(very close resemblence to ejuice) can be bought at a supermarket, without need for prescription.

That place is just scamming unwitting vapers IMO, they charge 1000's of times more than what they are paying for the nicotine. There's no actual prescription & no Doctors consultation record.

margyb likes this.
  11. Megan

Megan New Member

Yes have tried all the other prescription and non-prescription methods. Champix was hideous and did make me suicidal..mainly because I have depression and it should never have been subscribed to me. So go off that back to my regular doctor..and have been having acupuncture for 2 years to cut the anxiety and get to a position of giving up smoking. So today told my doctor I had started Vaporing 3-4 weeks ago and told her that this seemed much better to me then any other solution. Then asked for a prescription or note or something, but she seemed to know little about it so will go back with more info. She did however wish me good luck and hoped it helped.

margyb and Judith like this.
  12. margyb

margyb Great Balls of Fire

I must have missed this bit when I read it before
    Thanks for reminder Donna :):)
    TABLE 2. GUIDELINES FOR PRESCRIBING NICOTINE FOR ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES UNDER THE TGA PERSONAL IMPORTATION SCHEME

Donna and Judith like this.