1. Rest in peace, Aqualung. Thank you for the magic.
    Dismiss Notice

Good n00b RDA

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by Bandsaw, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

The Marquis clone is a POS for many reasons, the Veritas , the AEOLUS & the Aeronaut clones are all better flavor atties.
    For a newbie the easiest of those 3 to build on is the AEOLUS.
    All 3 are virtually leak proof too, which is something you come to appreciate from a good RDA design.

Honestly, if you like the Marquis, try the Veritas or even one of the other 2 :)

Aqualung, KayP and emu like this.
  2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

If you like a warmer vape, the Stumpy is probably a good atty for you, it's very short & produces a warm flavorful vape, just don't build too low in ohms on it you'll burn your lips off.

emu, KayP and DogMan like this.
  3. KayP

KayP Senior Member

LOL

emu likes this.
  4. sirfoxey

sirfoxey Senior Member

It was one of those FT new arrival emails and oh that looks cool and cheap. Click in the cart and it arrived weeks later. So far it hasn't leaked. I actually have trouble getting the cap on and off it is so tight. As long as you line up the coils with the airflow holes it has been chucking clouds. Though suggestion noted and since the wife has banned me from purchasing anything else from FT on the credit card I will honour that and use Bitcoin and add then to my next order tomorrow as you can never have too many attys. Just means larger range of flavours on the go and less vapours tongue

emu, Noe and KayP like this.
  5. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

i didn't like the marquis either, but lots of vapers do

good atty, just not for me

OP is prolly more confused now than prior to starting this thread

Bandsaw and KayP like this.
  6. sirfoxey

sirfoxey Senior Member

So very true.

OP

Get any RTA that you think looks cool and more importantly makes your mod look extremely trendy and stand out in the crowd.

We will then do what ever it takes to make sure you coil, wick it and get you enjoying a outstandingly awesome vape from it.

Browny, Bandsaw and DogMan like this.
  7. Bandsaw

Bandsaw Member

Not really but close lol. I did some window shopping on fasttech last night and will probably be doing some proper research today, looking at ALL the devices you guys mentioned.

Browny, Noe, emu and 2 others like this.
  8. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Don't forget to look at the FT discussion/forum section on the items you may be interested in. Most of the time members talk about the build quality over there.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

emu and DogMan like this.
  9. Dalork

Dalork Senior Member

What about good ol Quasar, can run single or double coil. lol, can't comment on anything else, no much of a dripper myself and that's the only one I've kept

edit: just went had a looksee 'n wow, the clone Quasar is dirt cheap lol, $5 something @ slothtech

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  10. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Not sure they are still available. Great atty. Did the astro ever get cloned? It was the v2 quasar

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

emu likes this.
  11. Dalork

Dalork Senior Member

Yep, FT have several different variations of the original Quasar still up. There's one, just search quasar but one of my Boys got some different coloured ones from there a few months back. He loves to sub-ohm and fog the house out lol, never saw/tried the astro. I do very little sub-ohm and only drip for a bit of fun once in a while or for sampling juices. edit: lol Dan you meant Astron I take it buddy

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10007915/1696700-quasar-style-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer

https://www.fasttech.com/search?quasar

12. Bandsaw

Bandsaw Member

I'll probably stick with tanks for a while and stock up on juice before making a decision about which RDA to get

emu, Dalork, KayP and 1 other person like this.
  13. KayP

KayP Senior Member

LOL
    Sorry buddy.. For putting too much on your plate

Bandsaw and Dalork like this.
  14. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Sounds good.

Hard to find good reviews that don't just blanket review any decent rda as "good flavour and vapour"... well derr... welcome to rda

emu, Bandsaw and Dalork like this.
  15. Dalork

Dalork Senior Member

It can get like that these days, so many choices on mods 'n atty's but it's a good thing. Gives you options if you find something isn't floating your boat, we're all different. That and there so many options with tanks these days that sub-ohm well too.

Browny, emu and DogMan like this.
  16. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

The newer tanks on a newer device are pretty similar to an airy rda. Draw tends to be more direct on rda though.

Rda aren't always about sub ohm. Lots of good single coil rda that run well on 1.5ohm and under 20 watts.

I like my vertice as a mtl attie. All my others i run lowish. 0.25ohm which is virtually tootle puffer by modern standards.

emu likes this.
  17. KayP

KayP Senior Member

That's why I like PBusardo's videos. He doesn't hold when it comes to the cons. Although I did find his review on the Marquis RDA last night and he did like it.

Life is like a box of chocolates situation

emu likes this.
  18. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Quality wise written reviews are better. But for rda you really need to know specifics of the draw and airflow etc. Just because it is a good rda doesn't make it for everyone.

Another if you can find one is the a6 dual coil. About $6 for the authentic and a flavour machine. Not much on vapour production. Tight draw with no afc. But easy to drill out to preferred draw. Tiny deck so tough to build

emu and KayP like this.
  19. Bandsaw

Bandsaw Member

It's all good Kay. I expected to be bombarded with suggestions on devices. And I'd rather go on people's experiences with them for flavour/cloud than some reviews who just say the same thing for every RDA, like DogMan said.

20. KayP

KayP Senior Member

I like reviews where the reviewer gets mad at the product and starts swearing