1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Greetings

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by voidster, Oct 8, 2017.

1. voidster

voidster New Member

Hi everyone... Absolute novice vaper here. Long story short: Smoked for 30 years and then quit completely 7 years ago. Started again 2 years ago (fatal error of thinking I could just have the odd dart when out socially).

Currently in the UK for a couple of weeks and yesterday went to one of the many vape stores and was recommended an Endura T20 to start with..so I have about 24 hours of vaping experience!

The amount of equipment and information is a little overwhelming but glad I happened on this forum.

Cheers!

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

Flea, Noe, The Vaper and 1 other person like this.
  2. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Hi Voidster, so glad you found us - the Endura T20 does run a little hot but dont despair as there are heaps of other great starter kits if that one doesn't work for you.
    Many of us were long term smokers before finding Vaping and combined we have a lot of experience - so dont hesitate to ask anything at all.
    Vaping is a learning curve and it can be tricky to start with!
    Ps, Welcome to the cafe :)

Noe and voidster like this.
  3. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Hey just realized you are member One Thousand!
    :cancan:
    Thinking we will have to find you a little gift to mark the occasion when you get home to Aussie shores!

Wanda, Flea and voidster like this.
  4. Deadonarrival

Deadonarrival Senior Member

Hello and welcome!

voidster and Pippi like this.
  5. voidster

voidster New Member

Wow! It was meant to be, Pippi!

Thanks for the welcome!

Pippi likes this.
  6. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Lol, its lovely :)
    and Ps - there are heaps of threads here with good info, so have a good look around the cafe and remember no question is a silly question :)

voidster likes this.
  7. margyb

margyb Great Balls of Fire

Hi and welcome Voidster
    Congratulations on 24 hrs :):)

8. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

Welcome to the Cafe Voidster :)
    Plenty of info and helpful people here if you need any help or assistance

9. DogMan

DogMan Yes

:hi:

i did similar in the early 2000s, went 3 years cold turkey, then thought just one

almost 4 years off the durries now

10. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Welcome to VCA Voidster.

The T20 kit is enjoyed by some vapers, personally I think there are better starter kits available but since you have that already there is little point in spending more on new gear until you get an idea about vaping.
    Just be aware that in the UK, unlike in Aus, you can visit a vape store & simply purchase ejuice with nic in it, when you return home to Aus, you can visit a vape store but you can't purchase ejuice with nicotine in it. So bring back enough to last you a month or two when you return, so that you have enough supply to last while you research/order what you need to vape with nicotine in your juice here.

Pippi and voidster like this.
  11. voidster

voidster New Member

Thanks for your reply, Noe. Seems a bit silly that we can't buy juice with nicotine in Oz but we can order it from overseas and get it shipped. Is that legal or do we just take our chances and hope it gets through customs?

I'm enjoying the T20 but obviously have nothing to compare it with. However this forum is a veritable wealth of information to help me make an informed decision on other gear once I've got my head round the more technical stuff. I didn't realize what a huge range of options are available with vaping!
    Cheers

Pippi and Noe like this.
  12. DogMan

DogMan Yes

nicotine is illegal under state laws

customs is feds, so they just let it through. And local police have better things to do than fine vapers

just don't try to sell it, they do prosecute that

margyb, iamTezr, Pippi and 3 others like this.
  13. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

Welcome :hi:

voidster and margyb like this.
  14. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Generally, in Aus we import 100mg/ml nic (usually a liter at a time to save on shipping costs but some vapers prefer to order smaller amounts) to mix with Aussie vendor's *doublers or zero mg ejuice or for making your own DiY juice.

*Doublers are 50% of a 50/50 mix, containing all the flavoring needed to make 100% but none of the nicotine. So suppose you have 15ml doubler, you end up with 30ml of juice & use nicotine, PG &/or VG to make up the other 15ml. This is thought to be better than mixing into zero mg ejuice because doing that dilutes the flavor, so you end up with nicotine ejuice that is lacking a little flavor.

Like I said above, once you get used to vaping, with the T20, you'll get an idea of what you want from your devices in future, whether that is more airflow/less airflow, a cooler vape/a warmer vape, more/less volume of fog etc etc. Then you'll be able to watch or read reviews & find gear that seems to fit your needs, of course you can ask us here what we think of the devices you have in mind but every vaper is different & has their own style, so expect opinions to vary. One thing we all agree on though is safety comes first, no one wants to loose teeth over vaping.

voidster, margyb, Pippi and 1 other person like this.
  15. MetalOz

MetalOz Member

Welcome to the VCA @voidster, congrats on the first 24 hours, here's to many more years off the stinkies!!

16. Gabby

Gabby Member

17. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Welcome Voidster enjoy the Cafe I am certain most of us will get you onto the right track and happy vaping experiences.