Hello All,

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Malestorm21, Dec 16, 2016.

1. subyXV

subyXV Member

Welcome Malestorm. Im sure you will find yourself some interesting acticles. Jealous of your lifestyle by the way

2. Maria

Maria Senior Member

Welcome Malestorm like a bit of fishing myself. Good to hear your off the smokes. Enjoy the Cafe.:)

margyb likes this.
  3. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

Welcome Malestorm :)
    Sorry for the late welcoming and it looks like you're well equipped with some nice vaping gear :)
    Enjoy your time here on VCA mate.

Jaz likes this.
  4. Gabby

Gabby Member

Alveys?

5. Sporty@2017

Sporty@2017 New Member

Hello to everyone!!

I am a heavy smoker of Benson & Hedges.

I go through 25 cigarettes in a normal day, and up to 40 cigarettes if I have a lot on my plate, a couple of times I tried using the disposable ones available at the petrol stations, but was never good enough. It felt really mild in flavour and I was still craving for cigarettes.

Couple of days back I was chatting with my work mate, who was using an ecig (a bigger one this time). My mate let me try few drags, which seemed quite good, but made me cough few time L it felt like taking a puff from a “normal” cigarette, I was amazed but confused with the size and the whole idea of “vaping” – not smoking?. Then, he explained a bit more in depth. With so many questions on my head I searched about ecigs on internet and forums and got even more confused lol – I am glad I am not the only one here!

I ended up ordering the same ecig and nicotine juices my work mate uses – I haven’t started vaping yet. I am feeling very excited and anxious at the same time while I wait for my “last hope to quit”.

Hoping to have the same success as read from all your testimonials.

KayP, Aqualung, Judith and 5 others like this.
  6. Malestorm21

Malestorm21 New Member

Lol No Its when my wife peeves me and I brew up quite a male storm.:cloud::sillygrin:

Aqualung likes this.
  7. Malestorm21

Malestorm21 New Member

Welcome to the Cafe Spotty, those disposable look a likes especially if they are made by Smoke N V are hopeless as they have zero nicotine in them. The battery life is pathetic likewise. Good luck on your journey into vaping and if you have any questions there are some very experienced vapers here from what I have read.

8. Malestorm21

Malestorm21 New Member

Hi Jaz,
    I am at the moment a full time traveler, having retired and decided to see our beautiful country first hand before old age and infirmity prevents me from doing so. I intend to continue the exploration of our continent for another maybe, health permitting 18 months or so before deciding on as to which state to buy a retirement property in. I will be in the new year heading down south to Tasmania as I hear real estate there is very affordable and would love to hear from other Tasmanian people how they find life there.
    Love to you all and a happy 2017 to everyone.

subyXV, Jaz and Flea like this.
  9. Malestorm21

Malestorm21 New Member

Hi There Margyb.
    I am heading your way in January I see you are in Tasmania, would love to know more about Tasmania and its lifestyle but not certain in which part of this forum to ask questions about this.

10. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Hi Sporty, it is best if you start your own introductory thread in here: http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/forums/introduce-yourself.2/

Just click that link then click "Create New Thread", that way we are able to help you with your own questions etc, while not running over someone else's thread :)

KayP, Jaz and iamTezr like this.
  11. Gabby

Gabby Member

My circumstances were similar, both in brand and no. One mistake I made - and a couple of others have also mentioned it too - is that when I first tried to vape I sucked the vapour directly into my lungs (DTL), which made me cough. This despite the fact that the way most of us smoke is mouth to lung (MTL), sucking it into the mouth first and then into the lungs.
    You'll find both MTL and DTL vapers here, but most beginners are MTL (aka Tootlepuffers).

Another great source of confusion is that some experienced vapers have moved away from the simple kits into all sorts of variations including cloudchasing (making big clouds of vapour), variable wattage, building their own coils, etc. This is so common that many of the kits currently on the market are unsuitable for MTL. I'm going to write a thread or two on this in a day or so.

What have you ordered?

12. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles Moderator

Great :)

13. Sporty@2017

Sporty@2017 New Member

Hi Noe,

Sorry I posted the introduction in the wrong section . Thanks for providing the link for posting a new thread .

Cheers !

Noe and laurie9300 like this.
  14. Sporty@2017

Sporty@2017 New Member

Thank you everyone for your reply .I purchased the Kangertech Top Box Mini from a shop in Melbourne, which is the starter kit recommended to me by a work mate. It seemed to be a bit complex at the beginning, but gradually I am getting on to it. I am still learning about resistance, wattage, temperature, etc, but finding it fun now and slowly will get to my end goal: quitting! Hopefully I can wean myself of cigarettes by NY17.

Juices? I am enjoying some tobacco flavours (not up to fruity level yet) as their flavours are close enough to the real thing . sorry but the sweetness from some fruity ones like blueberry, orange, vanilla were not my thing.

I have tried few from a sample pack: BH, Port ROyel, Drummy, which are nice which I have got from their online store from NZ which supplies with nicotine .

I am planning to go back to the shop next week to try Win tobbaco , Virginia 0mg flavours just to have an idea what kind of flavour it is & then can make my purchase directly on their online store .

Any recommendations or suggestions highly appreciated !!

Cheers !!

subyXV likes this.
  15. Aqualung

Aqualung Senior Member

Oh.
    OK.
    So I won't call you Eddie then.

Malestorm21 likes this.
  16. Flea

Flea Senior Member

Aquastorm sounds feasible ?

Malestorm21 likes this.