Hello World

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Snurry, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Snurry

Snurry New Member

'Ello everyone
    New member from Lismore, NSW

I've been smoking for about 5-6 years quite heavily and never enjoyed the cravings I got every 15-25 minutes to have another one... or two. First started vaping a few years ago but without nicotine and after a month or two ended up putting it down and got back on the durries since I wasn't totally happy with my vaping experience and didn't really look into how I could make it better.
    Picked vaping back up a bit over 4 months ago and had a much better experience. I started again with 0mg and went from 40-50 smokes a day down to 4-6. I ordered some nicotine juice from heathersheavenlyvapes (yep they're still around) and wasn't satisfied with the flavour but straight away the cravings diminished to the point of barely noticing them. I haven't bought a pouch of tobacco in those 4 months and only had 3-4 smokes when I've been without a mod. I am so happy I found this alternative to smoking.

One part I really enjoy is the cravings for nicotine have faded so much it's not a constant impulse even though I'm vaping nicotine (went from 6mg > 3mg > 2.5mg > 1.75mg without any plan to do so). I can go hours, sometimes a whole day without thinking about vaping or wanting a smoke. If I do get cravings after a long abstinence its not overwhelming and I always crave a vape, rather than needing a cigarette.

I tried a whole bunch of the vapoureyes juice line but again found the flavours pretty terrible and spent a bit of money finding that out.
    I was lucky to meet a DIYer in a facebook group that sells domestically for half the price of store bought stuff. I immediately made an order and purchased some nicotine from vapoureyes NZ to mix myself. I got lucky and found someone with a very good palate that has been mixing a few years and loved every flavour I tried... and every flavour I've tried since.

Recently in the last two weeks I've gotten into doing some DIY for myself for a bunch of reasons and am having a lot of fun with it, making some recipes I find online, or creating my own.

I'm a lot more informed this time and really enjoying the hobby side of it rather than just sticking to my old kangertech topbox mini solely as a tobacco replacement. The only thing I haven't delved into is complex coil building and mod making.

My gear includes:
    2 retired Kangertech Topbox Mini's (first ever mod, got two cause of a postage mixup)
    Smok G-Priv (first mod I got when I first started vaping again and currently still in use)
    Geekvape Aegis
    Hexohm 3.0 (currently being repaired)
    Driptech TS (in the mail)
    Pulse Squonk mod (in the mail)
    2 Dead Rabbit's
    2 Aromamizer Plus' (much loved but not well used since the rabbit came)
    SXK Kennedy Clone (my second rda)
    Govad RDA (my first rda)
    Serpent SMM RTA (not getting used)
    Ammit Dual RTA (also not getting used)
    Wasp Nano (in the mail)
    Peerless Special Edition RDA (going to sell, unopened)
    Merlin RDTA (also unopened and going to sell)
    ...Couldn't forget my trusty EZ Dripper since I always overdrip/underdrip unless I take off the top cap every 20 seconds (I like to chain vape). Best 10$ I spent.

I think that about sums me up;
    I might update with a photo of my computer/vape desk in the morning,
    Thanks for having me.

KayP, The Vaper, laurie9300 and 4 others like this.
  2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Welcome to VCA :)

That's a lot of gear to have accumulated in such a short time lol, I know vapers that have been vaping for years & don't have a list that long!
    Personally I prefer RTAs or RDTAs over RDAs my current favorite (& has been for over 6mths) is the OBS Engine, however I will have (probably by this time next week) 2x GeekVape Zeus RTAs to test out & compare to the 2x Engines I have. I think I may just like the Zeus RTAs more but the proof will be in the testing.
    I used to like RDAs more because they provided better flavor but the gap between RTAs & RDAs with modern gear, for flavor, has narrowed to the point where there is not much difference between them & I am too lazy to want to keep dripping constantly all day, when I can fill a tank once a day.

Anyhow I hope you stick with it this time around & I look forward to reading more of your posts here :)

Snurry, margyb and Flea like this.
  3. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

Welcome to the Cafe Snurry!

I have family in Lismore.....I'm out there every now and again.......

Snurry and DogMan like this.
  4. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Welcome to the cafe, snurry.

Congrats on the switch. Do you get much flack for vaping? Unfortunately many vapers think young people, or those who have only smoked 10 years or so shouldn't vape. An odd form of elitism.

But getting off the darts early is awesome.

I don't much like vapoureyes either. Hiliq is popular for nicotine base, and much cheaper

Snurry likes this.
  5. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

Welcome Snurry. Getting off the durries before they do you damage is awesome. I got addicted to smoking early on so don't beat yourself up too much.

Taste is a funny thing there are a couple of ve juices I adore. And I'm really picky. Anyway welcome to the cafe.

Snurry, margyb and DogMan like this.
  6. Deadonarrival

Deadonarrival Senior Member

Hello and welcome to the cafe!

Snurry likes this.
  7. Snurry

Snurry New Member

That's why I love the EZ dripper. 4 squirts and its the perfect amount. literally takes a second

I get it from strangers, especially older smokers. But I did go to school and got much more crap there for no reasons at all, don't bother me. My friends and family are happy for me since I've found an alternative and really enjoy the hobby side. Especially since I got into making my own juice. Most people are generally curious and surprised it works so well to quit smoking. I get no cravings at all. Also cancer runs in the family so that along with the money was a big saving. I bought pouches and smoked at least 40 a day. Apparently in 4 months I've avoided 35g of tar from going into my body.

Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

8. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Welcome to the Cafe Snurry. My oh my, looks like you have a touch shinyitis there, but more importantly a big congratulations to you on being able quit the stinkies. I hope you have a great time experiencing all the good stuff vaping has to offer!

Sent from a galaxy phone, far, far away.

Snurry likes this.
  9. Snurry

Snurry New Member

I definitely got a touch of it but I see a lot of people on Vape Fam Australia fb group that are wayyyyyyyyy worse. I think I'm done for a while though, I'm getting a satisfying experience and got a couple of backups/cheapies. I'm still saving way more money every week. Making my own juice cuts down a lot on the cost. Ain't nobody got time for $30/60mL bottles. When I want something different I buy from a friend who's been doing it yonks and its less than half the price of store bought stuff.

KayP likes this.
  10. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

Hi Snurry
    Sorry for the late welcoming. Looks like you've made yourself at home here in the Cafe. Nice gears you got there. Looking forward to some pics.
    Hope you enjoy the Cafe and Welcome :)

DogMan likes this.
  11. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Oh and Hi & welcome from me too Snurry - hope you enjoy hanging out at the cafe :)

DogMan likes this.
  12. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Hello from me Snurry.

Apologies for not greeting you earlier.

You could say I waS in No hURRY.

Sorry my attempt of humour.

iamTezr and Pippi like this.