Help needed!

Discussion in 'Juice Chat' started by Davo, May 12, 2019.

1. Davo

Davo New Member

G'day
    I'm very new to the vaping community and I'm having a problem with juice flavours being far to strong. I like the warmth and vape clouds that I'm getting from the mesh coils in the sub ohm tanks I'm using but the flavour is so intense and sweet to the point its kinda putting me off. I have been using singulars 30/70 and adding nic liquid as described by the dude in my local vape shop. He suggested a few mls of plain VG added to dilute the flavours a little and said I shouldn't need much but its still so much stronger in flavour then the samples in the shop. What am I doing wrong? Should I just add more VG till the flavour gets to what I like? Is it possible to add to much VG?

Thanks in advanced
    Davo

2. RC.

RC. Senior Member

Yeah diluting should work but plain VG will also dilute the nic content.

If you wish to maintain the same nic % you will need to make up an unflavoured nic and VG liquid to the same strength as your liquid that needs to be diluted.

You probably know this already but I thought I would just mention it anyway.

Noe and Davo like this.
  3. Davo

Davo New Member

Cheers RC and yeah I had figured the nic % bit but I hadn't thought of premixing the nic with the plain VG, I'll have to get some more mixing bottles tomorrow and keep experimenting

4. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Mesh coils seem to deliver more flavor than wire coils. I'm going to guess the testers in the shop were using the shops test equipment (ie mod/tank combo), which were likely some kind of AIO or pod system & thus not producing the same intensity of flavor using the same ejuice.
    This is the trouble we as ejuice makers face, we need to make it strong enough to taste on all systems but there is so many variables that it is impossible to get it perfect for all.

My advice is, if you like the flavor, stick with it & dilute it as @RC. suggested, remembering to keep the nic strength the same as you like too but with 1 other factor to consider - the PG/VG ratio.
    If you like the PG/VG ratio you're using, then perhaps buy some plain PG too & mix the unflavored nic for mixing accordingly to keep the nic & PG/VG ratio the same while diluting the flavor.
    Another thing to consider is that if you choose to dilute with only VG, then it will increase the sweetness of the ejuice & change the flavor slightly due to sweetening.

5. Davo

Davo New Member

Thanks Noe, I was told in the shop that PG is a flavour intensifier and VG a cloud intensifier but my guess is you've been vaping longer then the kid that served me so I'll take your advice on that one. Also I see a lot of people mentioning "steeping" is this needed for shop bought liquids or is this more for when you mix your own from scratch?
    Cheers,
    Davo.

6. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

You can't intensify the flavor by adding more PG. Adding plain PG to an already flavored ejuice will dilute the flavor still, just like VG will.
    If you have the same amount of concentrate & mix a 100% VG juice up & a 100% PG juice up, you will notice a significant difference in flavor intensity, this is true but PG does not increase the flavor the more you add to the overall volume. So if you are already using a 70/30 PG/VG ratio, adding unflavored nic with the same ratio is only going to dilute the flavor, while keeping the nic strength & PG/VG ratio the same.

Steeping is bandied about incorrectly a lot of the time. True steeping happens over time, it can be sped up with heat but that heat has other side effects such as speeding up nic degradation to Cotinine ( although if you're vaping the entire contents in a week or two you won't notice it) which makes the ejuice less potent.
    You can steep store bought ejuice, just by leaving it to sit in a dark cupboard for a few weeks, as long as it has nicotine in it. Zero mg ejuice will not steep*, I have read people incorrectly saying to steep zero mg ejuice & it will have little to no effect without nicotine in the juice.
    I'm not a scientist or a chemist but I do know from experience & experimentation, to me it seems that nicotine acts like a catalyst when combined with flavorings, speeding up their aging process.
    So to answer your question, yes you can, is the simple answer.

*It will but so slowly that it will take years (IMO) to achieve a proper steep