Here is how to legally get a nicotine prescription in Australia.

Discussion in 'Research, Health and Legal' started by Steve Thomas, May 14, 2016.

1. margyb

margyb Great Balls of Fire

"use as directed by your doctor" is pretty unspecific
    you could use it any way you liked

ideally they should say for "inhalation via a personal vapouriser"

Steve Thomas likes this.
  2. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

yep

but if your boss asks proof what you are doing is legal, which some do, it is worth investing the cash

Donna and Steve Thomas like this.
  3. margyb

margyb Great Balls of Fire

I see it that way Steve :)

Steve Thomas likes this.
  4. Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas Senior Member

Spot on dogman. This is exactly the point of this exercise. The prescription shuts down any line of questioning someone (a boss, a policeman, a government official, an uninformed member of the public) has about the legality of you posessing or vaping nicotine in a public place. You can basically tell them to get nicked (pun intended) because you are lawfully vaping nicotine liquid.

Donna likes this.
  5. Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas Senior Member

I have decided after all the research i have done (soooo many hours) on this one specific company and topic, that this is lawful, and a great way for me to vape nicotine legally in public. Being a truck driver i get questions from my bosses, the police, vicroads officers, border patrol officers, security guards and bosses on delivery sites i go to. This prescription would not only inform them what i am doing is legal, it would give me peace of mind that i wouldnot, and couldnot, lawfully lose my job by vaping nicotine in any place a cigarette may be smoked.
    Yes i would still be unlawfully posessing nicotine in the amounts i have at home.
    But while i am at work or in public, i would happily know there is nothing anyone could do legally to stop/hinder/or charge me for posessing or vaping nicotine.
    I will be doing this just for the prescription.

Judith, Aussie, Donna and 2 others like this.
  6. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

I got my order overnight which was a surprise. The Nicotine is of good quality although I notice an underlying scent of vanilla; just a tad. Irrespective of how purchasing additional Nic from overseas comes into play (Yes, agree there may be complications) this is an easy fix for those that desire a script.

It's a simple (although slightly more expensive) process for newbies to undertake and that's all that matters imho.

Pippi, Steve Thomas, Judith and 2 others like this.
  7. MrMonk

MrMonk New Member

Just curious to know what ratios of VG/PG does Nicopharm sell?

8. Charles Vaper

Nicopharm Prescriptions not valid.

I have had 2 phone conversations (as well as emails) with the head of the below branch of the Ministry of Health. I was informed that the Nicopharm prescriptions do not comply with, or meet the legal requirements and are therefore invalid. A prescription must be handed in person and not obtained online. AFAIK, no action has been taken against Nicopharm as I believe they are still offering prescriptions. I only purchased from them once 2 years ago, and currently get my Nicotine from NZ.

Senior Pharmaceutical Officer| Pharmaceutical Services Unit|Legal and Regulatory Services Branch
    NSW Ministry of Health | Locked Mail Bag 961, North Sydney 2059

margyb, Noe and DogMan like this.
  9. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

It's great to have confirmation of this, thanks Charles & it is as I suspected right from the very start of the debate about Nicopharm prescriptions = invalid scripts!

So this still leaves me wondering how they can get away with selling nicotine, after doing so for years, when other vendors can not & when some have been prosecuted, for essentially doing the same thing.
    Not only are they acting illegally, they are charging a heavy premium to unsuspecting customers, who think they are covered by law when they are not!
    Over priced nic juice, sold illegally, under false pretenses, with a poor selection of flavor choices & nicotine strengths.

Save your $ & don't support these shysters. For the price of 2 or 3 x 30ml bottles of low strength, poorly flavored juice from Nicopharm, you can get 1L of 100mg/ml unflavored base from Hiliq.

Charles Vaper likes this.
  10. Charles Vaper

Noe, margyb and DogMan like this.
  11. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I agree that we don't want to bring attention to it but it seems the powers that be are already aware of it.
    It really makes me wonder if palms have been greased, to obtain a blind eye approach.
    I'm certain if any "little guy" vendor tried to do the same, they would have the book thrown at them.