Hi all from Ballarat

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Heath Stephens, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Heath Stephens

Heath Stephens New Member

Excellent, I always love to see what others are doing in the way of cakes

2. Heath Stephens

Yeah me to.

When me and my wife found out we/ her was pretty upset. I came to terms with it pretty quickly, I should of known better. My great uncle died from it and I remember seeing him in a hospital bed, and the death rattle he had.

But my doctor thinks I should quit outright, I have discussed vaping as an alternative to him as harm minimisation. But I do respect his advice but I had tried so many things to quit with no avail.

So vaping it was and it has made a great hobby also, making coils and learning all that goes along with it.

Steve Thomas, Gasman and Maria like this.
  3. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I was diagnosed with COPD and since I started vaping I can get up hills easier than I could thirty years ago. Vaping doesn't seem to do anything but good for your lungs in comparison with smoking. I have heard that people with COPD (and emphysema is included in that) are better off with higher PG liquids. That seems to be the case for me so just keep that in mind if you get wheezy and cough it could be the VG if you are using a high percentage.

4. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

Very greatful to Judy for bringing up COPD. Reading the link it has certainly been an eye opener and has given me greater understanding of what I am 90% certain I have.

Moving towards a tobacco free World!

Judith likes this.
  5. Dr Attila Danko

Dr Attila Danko V.I.P.

Unfortunately not all doctors are up with the evidence. 1 more month of smoking is probably more harmful than a lifetime of vaping. If not vaping means quitting is delayed by a month, it's not worth it NOT to vape, not to mention the much higher risk of relapse to smoking using other ways of quitting.

KayP, Noe, Heath Stephens and 3 others like this.
  6. crispernator

crispernator Senior Member

Welcome to the forum heath thats a cold place you live it was my last posting in the army with 8/7 BN ballarat rangers

Heath Stephens and Old Grump like this.
  7. subyXV

subyXV Member

Chrispernator, sounds like you're an ex grunt ? Should have been in RAEME :)

8. crispernator

There are none so fine as the INFANTRY my good man all others try to emulate them but can never achieve it

DogMan, Flea, subyXV and 1 other person like this.
  9. subyXV

subyXV Member

Rofl. Lets just agree to disagree mate. I have great memories of my time serving. :)

10. crispernator

I think you take my words to seriously my friend, although i am a member of my bn association i am long since left the army and very rarely see old mates with only a few here in adelaide .

subyXV likes this.
  11. Heath Stephens

I definitely have to agree with the high VG ...
    That does have me cough a little, but I love my RDAs a lot..and the flavour..

I have however made ICE blade mixes of juice .. for those that don't know that is basically all PG in the mix .. but I leave that for my tanks..

Also I get a killer deal on VG.... 6kg for $45.. through the the connections I have from cake decorating..

DogMan likes this.
  12. Heath Stephens

Yeah in winter and early spring like now the weather pardon me saying shitfull.

Then summer truly hits and then it's up to 40 odd... talk about extremes...

DogMan and Pippi like this.
  13. crispernator

When i first arrived there i came from the operational forces in the northmost days tropical sun to ballarat freezing cold ,thats the armys sense of humor

subyXV and Pippi like this.
  14. subyXV

subyXV Member

Heath, are the summers a drt heat ? Dry heat beats the crap out of humidity:)

15. Heath Stephens

Thats the 64 thousand dollars question..

To be honest it can be both... when I first came over from Tasmania we where we where hit with a week or so of 40 degree plus days and that summer was really dry.. and a few not as hot summers where dry also..

For the last say 4 to 5 summers has been humid as all ...

But at the same point the summers haven't been as long as hot weather ... or should I say the winter feels longer and spring weather carries through summer ..

Pippi likes this.
  16. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles Moderator

Yes, its been weird the last few summers with humidity in our neck of the woods - nothing like QL or NT but humid none the less.

17. Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas Senior Member

Is it pharmaceutical grade vg?? And is that kg or liters??

Aussie likes this.
  18. Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas Senior Member

Welcome to the forum. Please sign up to the new nicotine alliance australia. www.nnalliance.org.au
    They represent the fight for our vaping rights. Its free.

What mods and attys are you using??
    Also would be great to see you at the ballarat vapemeet. Its always a friendly day with people from all walks of life. Great fun and great to see what others are using and share ideas. Its also a great place to find out about suppliers and where to source quality well priced gear.

Heath Stephens and margyb like this.
  19. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Hi Heath. Welcome to the cafe mate. I wish you and your wife all the best. As already mentioned, there are plenty of kind and helpful folks here, so don't hesitate to ask for help. Very nice cakes BTW.

@Dr Attila Danko Thank you for chiming in and reassuring us with the benefits of vaping.

subyXV likes this.
  20. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Forgive the background, but this was one of her recent ones:

[​IMG]

Different light:

[​IMG]

Judith, Maria, iamTezr and 1 other person like this.